AMD: R9xx Speculation

Has a device ID that matches the documents above, i.e. Cayman XT.

So it seems the chip has been floating around since August.

The two graphics tests are slower than GTX580:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1461/18/

40 and 35 fps respectively.

This August screenshot did have some credibility at the time, so it seems in retrospect to be quite real.

At best that would have been an engineering sample, and that far back no way would clock speeds or cores been finalised. If anything, it would likely have been underspecced to keep things in the dark.

I don't think there are XT samples out there, or at least not much.. probably all the info we get is from the Pro.

I don't think there are XT samples out there, or at least not much.. probably all the info we get is from the Pro.

Well that adds another twist to the plot...
I read that as a good thing for AMD and IMO points to the PRO being roughly equal, though overall slightly slower, than the GTX580.

Could that most recent rumor turn out to be true? I thought that it was very unlikely to be true at best and dismissed it as over-hype but now... Hmmm...:???:
I don't want silly season to end!!! :cool:

Well that adds another twist to the plot...
I read that as a good thing for AMD and IMO points to the PRO being roughly equal, though overall slightly slower, than the GTX580.

Could that most recent rumor turn out to be true? I thought that it was very unlikely to be true at best and dismissed it as over-hype but now... Hmmm...:???:
I don't want silly season to end!!! :cool:

Can't say I see the lack of XT in the wild as positive. Even if the PRO is very close to GTX580 (which would be great of course).

Reminds me of the whole 512 -> 480 Fermi thing.

Can't say I see the lack of XT in the wild as positive. Even if the PRO is very close to GTX580 (which would be great of course).

last time i checked NV where pimping Fermi like a mofo, wood screws and all. Thats very different to what is happening here, people will find corralation where they want to. The corralation i have found is that they dont want the enemy to know there true capabilty and reduce there time to react . :LOL:

Lack of XT engineering samples doesn't by any means point to low volume of XT retail chips at launch. Besides, latest rumors have stated the opposite - that Pro will be in short supply and XT in abundance.

According to a guy, who has some friend working in an IT warehouse, price of HD6950 should be $333. It isn't a typical ATI's/AMD's price, but who knows...

According to a guy, who has some friend working in an IT warehouse, price of HD6950 should be $333. It isn't a typical ATI's/AMD's price, but who knows...

That could pair nicely with a 666$ 6990, so if the latest rumors about the 6970 performance (and hence the whole NI) are true, then we will know how AMD managed it! :LOL:

A slide posted in chiphell last minutes :

15mz711.png

Well, that wasn't too impressive.. Especially since they have cherry picked AA and AF combinations, it doesn't bode to well for GTX 580 comparisons.
Depends... HD6970 is closer to GTX580 than HD5870 to GTX480 (or HD4870 to GTX280) - still with a smaller die and ~$100 lower price...

Back