AMD: R9xx Speculation

True or Fake ? Soon we will understand...

bartsakarv930xt.jpg

Speculation / interpretation based on the previously shown faked Barts slide. It's obviously not a leak with the photochopped diagram etc.

@Power_man

That photoshop work is so badly done - you can actually make out the parts that were cut-and-pasted without loading the full-sized image :oops:

Looks like the only thing he really heard was the date for the press event.

The rest reminds me of a bunch of kleptomaniacal monkeys dancing across a junkyard in their electromagnetic power suits.

And according to Charlie, that event has been moved to October 14, so…

Regardless if oct 12th or 14th (maybe depending wheter or not you count in the travel or the actual thing), I have to disagree with Theo last sentence partially.

Competition is great as long as it doesn't lead to the ruin of one of the competitors, in which case we'd have a monopoly, which never has proved to be advantageous to anyone else than the monopolist. :) And while AMD has a seeming advantage in GPU mfg. cost, I don't know if another round of price dumping will end up good for them, because overall, they're (they being AMD, not a single division of them) not making much money AFAIR the last quarter earnings reports.

Regardless if oct 12th or 14th (maybe depending wheter or not you count in the travel or the actual thing), I have to disagree with Theo last sentence partially.

Competition is great as long as it doesn't lead to the ruin of one of the competitors, in which case we'd have a monopoly, which never has proved to be advantageous to anyone else than the monopolist. :) And while AMD has a seeming advantage in GPU mfg. cost, I don't know if another round of price dumping will end up good for them, because overall, they're (they being AMD, not a single division of them) not making much money AFAIR the last quarter earnings reports.

Every 8 months buy a new card thats few percents faster than the last one (if u compare performance/price) is not realy for everyone these days. There are less top PC games (but much more casual games,emulators and MMO-s) and even less games that need dx11 or high end cards.
Actualy for GPU manufactures its irelevant if the game is pirated or original. U still need a graphic card. So maybe investing more money into PC games could be beneficial for them.
Investing into something like a free complete 3d engine like Unreal or Crisis. So people all over the world could make free or cheap games that need GPU-s and manufacturers sell them. (seriously how can u spent 50 milion dolars on a single game ?)

Last edited by a moderator:
What I meant was something else.
AMD has a huge portfolio in the sub-100-Euro market for CPUs, there's not only one CPU for each price point, but for every Euro in between. What could be perceived as beneficial for consumers in the short term can only lead to ruin in the long run.

Just after I type the posting before, I came across this:
http://www.wallstreet-online.de/nachricht/3021487-amd-senkt-umsatzprognopse-fuer-drittes-quartal
Didn't find an english version, but basically it's AMD warning shareholders that they'll be most likely not living up to their forecasts this quarter.

The last thing we need is another round of price dumping, IMHO. There's cheap 100-120 Euro cards, that suffice for everyday gaming even with DX11 and in high details.

The rest reminds me of a bunch of kleptomaniacal monkeys dancing across a junkyard in their electromagnetic power suits.

Where did you see this first? :LOL:

I did not know that the GTX 460 was 128-bit. I thought it was 256-bit.

I wonder how reliable the mid-range first, high end after rumor is?

Back