recording viewing input to computer

Sxotty

Legend
Weird topic I know, but my laptop acts strange sometimes. It is like this with a fresh install, so it isn't a virus.

I press alt-tab and it gets kicked out instead of showing the running programs. I would like to know if there is a key sticking on the keyboard or something of that nature.

It is not a letter key as no text is ever typed. It seems a tad intermittent though. I was trying to get it to happen so I could describe it better, but it doesn't want to do it now.

Could a volume key do this kind of thing? I know the volume touch keys on the laptop send random intermittent presses sometimes. I never want touch volume keys again give me freaking click buttons. I should probably just crack the case open and unplug the button board from laptop. There is no way to uninstall the volume keys through software that I am aware of. It is a known problem with the HP touch keys on some laptops though supposedly if you just wipe off the keys it will fix it, but it hasn't been effective for me.

Is it a Dell?

Its an HP actuallyl, I guess I wasn't clear in my original post. And btw sorry I forgot about this topic for a bit as I have been very busy, but of course the laptop started doing it again and I thought "oh yeah..."

It is a ghost in my machine I guess... the touchpad on this laptop stinks too. HP really screwed up this model (dv2700). My previous laptop was an HP too and was great.

Back