Witcher 2

And three years from now PC Gamers will be screaming over how the Witcher 3 is a console-only release.

Its quite possible that they earn more money on Witcher 2 than majority of other studios on overbudgeted console games. And the money ends at CD projekt. They work on different money level than EA or Activision. They dont need to sell milion+ copies just to cover the overpriced 50 milion dolar budget of COD.

What do you guys think, will I be able to run it at my monitors Native res of 1920X1080 at high at a decnt Fps? My PC: Q9450 Quad core @ 2.66GHz, 4GB Corsair RAM and an ATI 4850 with 521MB ram ?

Also, should I play Witcher 1 before this as I never really got attracted to Witcher 1 but this seems to be a good game !

because its DX9 only?

That's funny, I've read in a few places that they'd be using DX11 for some extra effects.
http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Games/Interviews/gog_witcher2/4.html <- near the bottom

What do you guys think, will I be able to run it at my monitors Native res of 1920X1080 at high at a decnt Fps? My PC: Q9450 Quad core @ 2.66GHz, 4GB Corsair RAM and an ATI 4850 with 521MB ram ?

You'll need a better GPU for that.

Witcher 2 is available from Steam. Unfortunately there was no preload because Valve received the package only yesterday. Now the Steam server are hammered and all(?) the European servers are giving "Server is busy" when one tries to download the game.

I'm currently downloading the title from Steam's Seattle-server and it's moving around 700KB/s. But unfortunately the game weights 17GB so the wait is long.

Here is the topic on Steam's forums where you can find up-to-date info: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1892690

Just found this post, thought it might be helpful for some others too:

"Anyone figured out how to enable invert mouse? Cheers"

Yes, I did! (WIN7) Go to C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Witcher 2\Config open Input_QWERTY.ini find row IK_MouseX=(GameKey="GI_MouseX",Value=1) or IK_MouseY=(GameKey="GI_MouseY",Value=1) and set the Value= -1. X is horizontal and Y is vertical. I only change the Y axis.

It was driving me nuts! I heard they're adding the option in-game in the first patch.

I think I saw some day-1 patch notes at Xtremesystem's forums. Any idea if that has been released? Googling doesn't bring up any info.

Witcher I was really buggy when it was first released. I think it took them more than a year before the game was solid and bug-free.

Can somebody wake up AMD, how is it possible this game have no CF support !
Unbelievable, really this game is what matters...

Bleh. Nothing but graphics bugs on my laptop here (4650M, i7 Q720). Guess I'll have to wait a month or two before I try it out on my desktop. What a waste of time, bandwidth, and money. Sure I wasn't expecting to play on anything but low and at console resolution, but the image output was a purple fog.

Bleh. Nothing but graphics bugs on my laptop here (4650M, i7 Q720). Guess I'll have to wait a month or two before I try it out on my desktop. What a waste of time, bandwidth, and money. Sure I wasn't expecting to play on anything but low and at console resolution, but the image output was a purple fog.

Strange, didnt hear about this bug yet. Have you tried other catalyst?

I think I saw some day-1 patch notes at Xtremesystem's forums. Any idea if that has been released? Googling doesn't bring up any info.

Witcher I was really buggy when it was first released. I think it took them more than a year before the game was solid and bug-free.

A 0-day patch, supposedly released today. I've seen a lot of complaints about combat balance, so it's probably worth getting the patch before starting a game.

Notes are here:

Several major balance fixes (economy and fight)
On screen fixes (items descriptions, journal etc)
Audio mix fixes
Several audio areas, music, cutscene fixes and added better sounds
Many UI fixes (functional, smoother and more user friendly ex. inventory items selection)
Many fixes to quests, quests markers
Visual fixes to fade outs, blackscreens in scenes, cutscenes
Many community fixes – work, npc’s life
Big opponents fights balance and fixes
Many cutscenes fixes – animations, items, lipsync
Gamepad fixes – playing gamepad is now much better
Camera fixes – collisions with objects, collisions with npc’s, combat camera improvements
Some hair physics fixes
Minor QTE fixes
Several locations fixes – objects collisions, environments improvements, lights, effects
Crafting, shops, alchemy improvements
Added new autosaves in important places (ex. before fight with Letho, Arachas, Draug)
Some random crashes fixes
Dice poker improvements – logic bugs fixes

Strange, didnt hear about this bug yet. Have you tried other catalyst?

I wish I could. :/ This Dell 1747 seems to have issues trying to change it to anything they don't approve or something. I forget the exact reasoning. The last time I tried to switch drivers was back in January, and I spent the better part of 24 hours trying to fix the new ones (10.12 and later, so I'm stuck with 10.11)...

:(

Can someone post some comparison screens of the differing video settings, i.e low, med, high and ultra?

I haven't been able to pick it up yet, gotta grab it after work.

Back