Witcher 2

You don't want digital download?

I'm the old fashioned type that enjoys a boxed copy. People like me are a rarity, these days. I kinda like the concept of glancing over at my bookcase and seeing my game boxes displayed like trophies ;)

Davros said:
you could try play.com

That sounds like the site I used last time. Thanks!

I'm the old fashioned type that enjoys a boxed copy. People like me are a rarity, these days. I kinda like the concept of glancing over at my bookcase and seeing my game boxes displayed like trophies ;)

Book case? ;) If I'd kept all the boxes from all the games I've purchased, it would easily cover 2-3 walls of my living room from floor to ceiling. :) After moving once, I decided they just plain took up way too much space. And held a bonfire in their honor. :)

Regards,
SB

Book case? ;) If I'd kept all the boxes from all the games I've purchased, it would easily cover 2-3 walls of my living room from floor to ceiling. :) After moving once, I decided they just plain took up way too much space. And held a bonfire in their honor. :)

Regards,
SB

My book case is compiled of my most recent purchases. The boxes I have stored date back to Marathon and Witchaven ;)

Here's a few developer interviews revealing some questing, posted yesterday on GT:

[gt]710870[/gt]

[gt]710868[/gt]

[gt]710866[/gt]

The art direction in this game is unbelievable. CD Projekt RED really did their homework and busted their ass to make a stunning and believable world.

I own Witcher and Dragon Age. I believe this round will only include Witcher 2.

New video with walkthrough in different areas, showing combat, magic, animations, cinematic kill/critical hit(?) sequences, bar fights and other bits. Looks stunning and I really like their animations which are showcased real good about midway into video showing how they react to where they get hit, loose balance etc.

HQ download link.
http://www.the-witcher.de/?go=dlfile&id=174

New video with walkthrough in different areas, showing combat, magic, animations, cinematic kill/critical hit(?) sequences, bar fights and other bits. Looks stunning and I really like their animations which are showcased real good about midway into video showing how they react to where they get hit, loose balance etc.

HQ download link.
http://www.the-witcher.de/?go=dlfile&id=174

Awesome video. My one complaint is their facial expressions while engaged in the arm wrestling mini game needs some work. Geralt and the NPC are completely devoid of expression.

Wow those screenshots...I dont know which one looks better this...or Crysis 2. I cant wait to go home and see those videos. I wish I could right now at work but an ESB named Mule is kicking my arse.

Edit: Hey, wrong thread John. Don't post in the morning while eating breakfast, old man.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 new hi-res pictures to drool at:

http://www.gram.pl/galeria.asp?id=4647

201104051457405.jpg

201104051457392.jpg

I'm really impressed with how amazing this game looks! Attention to detail on these screens is superb! I just hope story line and gameplay will be on similar level and we will have best RPG game of 2011 (or even decade) for sure :)

PS. Forgot about this :)

cycki001.jpg

[text says: graphics quality from game - cutscene]

They need to leak that scene to Fox news before release.

This shot looks just sad ... terribad shadow from the lantern, low poly badly textured ground in the background.

In a lot of shots shadows and character lighting are missing.

10 new hi-res awesome pictures

[I'm really impressed with how amazing this game looks! Attention to detail on these screens is superb! I just hope story line and gameplay will be on similar level and we will have best RPG game of 2011 (or even decade) for sure :)

Me too, it's looks simply stunning. But I really hope the fight system is a lot different from the first.
A Blade of darkness, aka Severance-style would be nice.

Btw, those SS's look extremely crisp as if SSAA is applied, they are propably scaled down?

A Blade of darkness, aka Severance-style would be nice.

That would be a dream come true, i still don't know why game developers never made a copy of that combat system. :cry:

By the way now is possible to rip the original BOD animations to 3d max, so if someone wants to make a remake of BOD on a new engine they can, lets hope moders see this opportunity .

The Final Preview: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings:

http://www.destructoid.com/the-final-preview-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-198746.phtml

Instead of having a tiresome chain of events explained to you, the game expects you to figure out what exactly is going on by just dealing with present events and by paying attention to key characters that shed light on the situation at hand. It's a refreshing take on the old narrative structure we've grown accustomed to in RPGs, for sure.

The Witcher 2 attempts to weave a magical tapestry of non-linear interactive storytelling throughout the entire game. And from the looks of it, it does so without making it as obvious as in other games.

I looked back on my experience with Dragon Age II afterwards, and BioWare's fantasy RPG now feels like it's in almost every way a mere toddler in the shadow of The Witcher 2. That's not to say DA II sucked, but a single village in The Witcher 2 already has more personality than all of Kirkwall. Moreover, the politics now run deep without treating you like a child for once. Characters feel human and treat you like an adult, the player is expected to deal with temporal jumps in narrative to keep up with the story, choices actually carry weight, and oh my god the breast textures!

Wait Witcher 2 has an interrogation during which you flash back to playable sections of the game?

Combined with the parallels between Witcher and DA:O I really think a Bioware writer has a friend with CD Projekt he steals all his ideas from (DA2 might have come out first but Witcher 2 was longer in development).

Back