Witcher 2

Gamescon Witcher 2 preview

Game looks to be shaping up to be even more amazing than the first Witcher. Later on in the video you will see the castle and city vista and amazing detail and draw distance. Also the battle is tremendous with stuff breaking down, lots of enemies, effects and more. Jaw dropping material.

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=404529
Miladesn from NeoGAF said:
www.pcgameshardware.de

-Nice lighting and good textures, area is very detailed
-Armor consists of several parts: gloves, chest armor etc
-weapons and equipment can be modified with runes, effects visible on items.
-More freedom in both dialog and gameplay, sneaking or fighting everybody etc
-stealth mechanic/movement, pressing against walls and killing lights. (light & shadow stealth mechanic?)
-Cat Potion gives you Batman AA like detective vision, you can see through walls, it detects internal organs in enemies :O
-Geralt's amulet (wolf head) when activated makes important details in the area visible.
-fighting animations are good.
-Your actions in previous quests affects other NPCs just like first game.
-There is nudity

Battlegorounds

-large battlefields are in the game with hundreds of fully animated enemies on screen.
-physics and a lots of debris.

There is a fact comparison in the end but google translation fails!!
-Duration of cutscenes, looks like there are 3 endings and your actions in first game carries over.

-Console ports are being considered but no firm plans so far. All resources are invested in development of PC version.

read the full thing, sounds amazing :O

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really happy with the direction this game is taking, so far, but I worry about the size of zones. It was a huge problem with the original. A video I watched claimed you could "roam freely across a massive fantasy world." I really hope they mean that, because the first game felt a little confined to small areas.

Other than that, I'm really excited for this one.

I'm really happy with the direction this game is taking, so far, but I worry about the size of zones. It was a huge problem with the original. A video I watched claimed you could "roam freely across a massive fantasy world." I really hope they mean that, because the first game felt a little confined to small areas.

Other than that, I'm really excited for this one.

That could purely mean that you can go back to previous zones, not necessarily an open zoneless world like oblivion. I would imagine they built onto their previous engine which means most likely the same restrictions.

That could purely mean that you can go back to previous zones, not necessarily an open zoneless world like oblivion. I would imagine they built onto their previous engine which means most likely the same restrictions.

They have heavily uppgraded the engine.

I certainly hope not. If you want boring Open World garbage, buy something developed by Bethesda, or that lame-ass Gothic 2 rehash Risen or wait for Two Worlds II. I, for one, don't care about this kind of gameplay anymore.

I think he's referring to how each area was awfully separated from each other in the first game,
it wouldn't hurt to eliminate the load times completely & have a seamless world in place instead would it ? considering the fact that you could already go wherever you wanted in The Witcher (but would always have to encounter the dreaded loading screen)

There was a loading time behind every closed door in the original, some of which were pretty long. Ideally, I'd like to have a seamless transition between zones. You spent a great deal of time in zones in the original, without the ability to backtrack. I'm not asking for a sandbox, L233. Maybe something similar to the map in "Dragon Age" where certain quests would have you refer back to certain areas, instead of focusing primarily on one town. If I remember correctly, the only instance where the player was able to switch between two zones, was when in Vizima and you had access to a boat, which took you to the marsh.

Check these stats out.

witcher.jpg

@Nebula hahaha.

I am off to read those pcgameshardware articles on the Witcher 2. Thanks for linking that!

Paper & Paper Roleplaying: Witcher 2 Fun

More info and photos if you follow link.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/08/26/paper-paper-roleplaying-witcher-2-fun/

You get given a whole lot of junk at games conferences. By junk I do mean junk – nasty pens, ill-fitting t-shirts, mysterious plastic shapes, lanyards, low-capacity flash drives, ugly posters… Most of it doesn’t live past the hotel bin. The CD Projekt RED guys, however, came up absolute trumps, combining splendid form with genuinely useful function. Rather than providing a biro and a CD-R full of screenshots, they decided to create an entire alternate Witcher game, stick it in a box, and give it to everyone who came to see the demo.

This is The Witcher 2: Papercraft Of Kings, and it’s the best press kit I’ve ever been given.

They’ve mocked up a full-size PC game box, of the generous proportions, excess of information and glorious gatefold covers we sadly no longer see in this age of identi-DVD cases. Inside is a collection of superdeformed DIY papercraft Witcher characters and weapons, from which you’re encourage to create your own non-linear roleplaying adventures. Aw. Haven’t built ‘em yet, but it’s only a matter of time, trust me... (follow link to read more and see photos!)

Day one purchase for me. I enjoyed the first one immensely. And this looks like is going in the right direction (I'm looking at you DA2!).

Back