Votes: 29 20.0%
  • Other (aka where's my option)

Votes: 18 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mendel

Mr. Upgrade
Veteran
With release of these cards apparently imminent, which one would you get if you were to buy one?

I'd love to say 5870 X2, but first I'll have to see what's been done to improve on the MGPU pitfalls. Until then: I'll wait.

I'll stick with my 4890..it runs Crysis very high at 30 FPS and thats all I need. No other game stresses it.

Also since I'm running a Q6600, to upgrade my GPU at this point would require a total system rebuild, or be CPU limited.

I'm getting 5870 to replace my 4870CF - same or better performance with hopefully very sensible power consumption

I am very tempted by the 5870, but I will persuade myself to wait until there is something significant in DX 11 that needs it that my 4870 can't supply. By then, 5870 will be cheaper, and I will have got more of a return on my 4870. Maybe in six months time when it's after the Christmas period and ATI drop the prices to hurt Nvidia's GT300 launch.

See as this: Are there any games out there needing the power of a X2? Crysis, the still most demanding game right now, seems to run nicely with a 5870 if the rumors are true. All depending on the CF scores, buying one 5870 right now and if more performance is needed, then just buy a second one next year seems the best option.

If they come with EFI I might grab a Radeon HD 5870, if not I will wait for whichever Mac compatible card comes first.

Currently chugging along nicely with a Radeon HD 4890.

Nvidia will be just fine even with a 3-month lag if GT300 is worth the wait. On the other hand if they pull a R600, well we know how that went.....

Back