What's up with ATI stock?

I put a modest chuck of cash down on ATI stock in the $8 range about a month and a half ago. It's doing well, so this morning I decided to put a bit more in to join the ride.

ATI closed on Friday 12.80. I bought in this morning at the 12.89 opening offer.

It's now up to 13.69 as I type this...(+7%). Despite techs not faring well today in general.

Is there some info making the rounds in investor circles that we haven't heard of yet?

NVIDIA seems to be up a similar amount.

It could be that investor/analysts that attended SIGGRAPH came back with video card manufacturers on their mind and institutional investing is raising the price through "large" buy orders.

In any case, ATI is back down to about 13.0 now. So it may just be "one of those blips."

I just happened to notice it because of my investment this morning.

Joe DeFuria said:
In any case, ATI is back down to about 13.0 now. So it may just be "one of those blips."

I just happened to notice it because of my investment this morning.

They are going to close at 13.30-13.40 pending any nasdaq corrections, but I think theres some more Xbox2 rumors out that could be making all this happen

Today's price movements

Well, volume was pretty light throughout the day until the selloff in the late afternoon, so more than likely the early upward movement was more retail related and the afternoon selloff due to program traders taking profits, likely at the expense of the little guy. Volume was ~twice the daily avg. of 2.4M.

Bought some ATI shares at 4.20 Euros. Thought about buying some more shares at 4.00 Euros a few months ago, but I decided against it. Stupid me!! Now I could hit myself for that... :cry:

Back