What was that blokes name I can't remember?

dizietsma

Banned
I was thinking back today about the good old days when the 9700Pro was losing badly against the 5800Ultra and it was not safe to venture outside of nvnews.net without Digital Wanderer or XXXXX beating you up.

So what was XXXX's name again? I have fond memories of him, biggest ATI fanboy ever and had the odd piece of information that was 20% true and 80% someone let him down. He was on here a lot. I miss him, I'm having a bout of nostalgia as those days were so much more exciting insult wise compared to us old fogeys nowadays.
What was his name, what was his name. And where is he now?

Hellbinder predicted that AMD would fold up the discreet, higher end portion of ATI tech, and only push integrated/chipsets. I don't think he was ever able to live that prediction down and vanished.

Of course I could be way off and he took up another hobby.

Believe it or not, if I'm not mistaken he has heard the calling and has been born again.

At least, that was the distinct impression I got from his last few posts...they got a bit weird. :???:

Definitely religion, he was doing that crazy capitalizing words that he felt were important like a bad dog near the end. :???:

Mod Edit: Don't go there please. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what happened to jvd. I remember him trying to turn the console forum into a police state against Sony fans. I remember a few late night convos I had with him on AIM and through PM's about Sony fan boy issues. Of course the issues were made up entirely in his head.

Last I heard from him he was doing well with a girlfriend or some such.

What ever happened to Paul? Or how about Quincy/Qroach?

Wow. Talk about a trip down memory lane! LOL

Seems like a decade ago.....talking about new tech with Dig, JohnReynolds, Uttar, etc.

On one hand you had the NVNews forums, and on the other you had Rage3D forums. B3D was always the battleground and always made for good reading.(still does)

I miss those guys, certainly made some interesting discussions on occasion. I have never ventured into the RSPC forum though, and never plan too :)

WaltC was the man of incredible wordiness. In regards to his favorite company, ATI, nothing could ever be written in a straightforward succinct way when it was instead possible to write around the point in circles that never seemed to provide a way out.

<--You see what I did there :)

And Hellbinder returned after an absence of about a year then disappeared again.

Back