God of War Collection – Blu-ray Disc Compilation

How many Titans are left ? I am only in GoW I. I thought they say there's only one left (Khronos).

I can't remember the Titan's grabbing attack. I do remember we had to get out of his way to prevent getting stepped on. In any case, if he's an environmental hazard, then may be Kratos will stop him from causing more trouble (Just like Demon's Souls players getting rid of the dragons for safe passage, even if they were not a mini-boss per se).

I'm pretty sure there're at least 3-4 Titans scaling Mount. Olympus including Gaia, Khronos, Perses"the lava titan" and may well be a lot more at the other side of the mountain. I think they're all just too cocky and a coordinated assault on Zeus just wouldn't work for them, hence Kratos' line "in the end there will only be chaos."

GOW I = Billy's first Platin ever!

GOW II graphics are really good looking and some astounding and insane effects (especially the effects with the sun, when you fight one of the giant bosses is phantastic) and the game is even better than GOW I...but hell what a buggy mess it is:

-trophy glitch: Boss Patch 3 trophy doesn't show up
-finishing a boss should open doors: did not happen twice (old save game necessary)
-brutal freezing of pure slim (I suppose the fat one would have eaten GOW II and spit it out)
-suddenly right half of the PS3 controller is not recognized by the game: no inputs (restart did not help, old save game necessary)

I had the impression that they simplfied the last QTE (was insanely difficult in the PS2 version) because it is like a walk in park

GOW I = Billy's first Platin ever!

GOW II graphics are really good looking and some astounding and insane effects (especially the effects with the sun, when you fight one of the giant bosses is phantastic) and the game is even better than GOW I...but hell what a buggy mess it is:

-trophy glitch: Boss Patch 3 trophy doesn't show up
-finishing a boss should open doors: did not happen twice (old save game necessary)
-brutal freezing of pure slim (I suppose the fat one would have eaten GOW II and spit it out)
-suddenly right half of the PS3 controller is not recognized by the game: no inputs (restart did not help, old save game necessary)

I had the impression that they simplfied the last QTE (was insanely difficult in the PS2 version) because it is like a walk in park

My 20GB core froze at the sisters of fate fight once, and I've heard some people having similar problems as well.

The only other freezing I've experienced was with the GOWIII demo itself. Both occasions, I had to turn off the console manually.

Kratos' rage just can't be contained, not even PS3s can be forgiven. I enjoyed GOW2 a lot more than GOW myself due to more bosses and fluid combos, not to mention the sizable increase in graphics.

I got the trophy bug in GOW2 for Boss Batch 3 too :( pretty annoying.

For GOW1 I did just beat all 10 Challenge of the Gods for the first game finally. But that final mission 10 I think has done permanent damage to my hands and my mental health. Not sure it was worth it for the trophy. :devilish:

I cant believe that GOW3 is clear for an australian release.

--edit--
oops wrong thread :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the trophy bug in GOW2 for Boss Batch 3 too :( pretty annoying.

For GOW1 I did just beat all 10 Challenge of the Gods for the first game finally. But that final mission 10 I think has done permanent damage to my hands and my mental health. Not sure it was worth it for the trophy. :devilish:

Yeah, exactly...I hope they patch the game...because this trophy glitch prevents Billy from his second platinum trophy ever!

Heh, I haven't completed the game. Forgot that I could use the red stuff to upgrade my skills. I have been fighting monsters using the same basic move I got at the beginning of the game. Pandora Castle is as far as I could go.

Will retry after I "level up" !

I cant believe that GOW3 is clear for an australian release.

--edit--
oops wrong thread :p

That's the first thing in a while the OFLC has done right :/

For Aussies (and Euros?), the GoW Collection will only be available in a mega pricey "Ultimate Pack" for ~$249AUD. Far better value can be had importing the Collection for ~$50 and buying the game at retail for ~$79-$89 like most new releases.

Plus you get the added bonus of playing the Collection now instead of March!

Finally got the GoW2 plat last night, felt good :) Wasn't especially challenging, but damn I missed a lot of feathers in my first playthrough!

Both games were still as fun as I remembered them to be!

What the heck happened to the UK release?? I HATE it when these things happen, there is no reason whatsoever for this to be delayed so much in the UK. I'd have loved to play GOW2 before 3 comes out, but now i'll just have to read the story somewhere and pick up GOW3. Not happy!:devilish:

Well, is there any reference on how good/bad the collection did commercially?
Would be interesting to know if it sets a good example for profitable "PS2 ports".

http://www.popzara.com/pages/1273/

NPD’s Top Ten Software Sales in March

01. God of War III (PS3) – 1,100,000
02. Pokémon SoulSilver Version (DS) – 1,020,000
03. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) – 828,200
04. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (X360) – 825,500
05. Pokémon HeartGold Version (DS) – 761,200
06. Final Fantasy XIII (360) – 493,900
07. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) – 457,400
08. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3) – 451,200
09. Wii Fit Plus (Wii) – 429,600
10. MLB 10: The Show (PS3) – 349,200

NPD’s Top Twenty Software Sales in March

11. Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
12. Just Dance (Wii)
13. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (X360)
14. Major League Baseball 2K10 (X360)
15. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
16. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
17. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
18. God of War Collection (PS3)
19. Heavy Rain (PS3)
20. Mario Kart DS (DS) – over 100,000

http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=8603

Sony Corp.'s God of War Collection for the Playstation 3 ranked in the top 25 sales at retail this week on strong pre-order demand for the compilation title.

Back