God of War Collection – Blu-ray Disc Compilation

R2 water effect is more varied/versatile because they need to model ocean as well as shallow water.

... but I can see why GoW wowed the gamers. It's really cool to see a high-tech effect in a Greek mythology game. ^_^

I picked up this disc awhile back, looks fantastic. Better than some PS3 games (sadly). The FMV cutscenes are still in 480 res but the in-engine cutscenes look great, as does the gameplay. Some textures could use replacements but overall it looks great.

Finally had a chance to play the GOW III E3 Demo too - and all I was like this the whole time: :oops:

I picked up this disc awhile back, looks fantastic. Better than some PS3 games (sadly). The FMV cutscenes are still in 480 res but the in-engine cutscenes look great, as does the gameplay. Some textures could use replacements but overall it looks great.

Finally had a chance to play the GOW III E3 Demo too - and all I was like this the whole time: :oops:

Just got my copy of district 9 and I'm installing the E3 demo right now!!! it is taking a looooong time :(

I fired up the GoW III demo this morning with a friend. Despite the gore, we liked it a lot. The demo is over the top and very entertaining. More games should be as imaginative as GoW.

Very Good Collection...

I recently bought the PS3 God of War Collection a week ago... I was somewhat hesitant since I owned/beat the PS2 versions, however that feeling quickly past. The PS3 collection makes the series feel fresh again... the higher resolution render, awesome anti-aliasing, and 60fps made God of War 1 & 2 just plain damn fun to play again. Anyhow, the God of War 3 demo made me drool... a lot. The higher texture quality, lighting, art work, etc... is beyond good... almost damn near perfect. The very 3D like feel (if I can call it that) of the environment and other surroundings is the best I ever seen IMHO. A must March buy...

0Finally got the game and I could play it 20 minutes before leaving for the holiday. Looks great and I really appreciate the 60 fps update. The 1080p mode looks quite nice as well, has anyone counted the "real" rendering resolution?

0Finally got the game and I could play it 20 minutes before leaving for the holiday. Looks great and I really appreciate the 60 fps update. The 1080p mode looks quite nice as well, has anyone counted the "real" rendering resolution?

God of War 1 & 2 is rendered at 720p/60fps and scaled to 1080p if your TV is capable. God of War 3 is rendered at 720p/60fps with no 1080p scaling capability, the demo anyhow.

God of War 1 & 2 is rendered at 720p/60fps and scaled to 1080p if your TV is capable. God of War 3 is rendered at 720p/60fps with no 1080p scaling capability, the demo anyhow.

Is GOW3 60fps? dont know why but i was under the impression it was 30fps. I know i heard some complaints about the smoothness of the demo.

Is GOW3 60fps? dont know why but i was under the impression it was 30fps. I know i heard some complaints about the smoothness of the demo.

If there were any hiccups or slowdowns I could not tell... smooth as butter. Also there was no screen tearing at all (al la Uncharted 2) during the demo. It feels like 60fps, however it may not be locked at 60fps. Back at GDC, a few Santa Monica's developers stated 60fps in most cases and 30fps depending on the heavy boss design/fight, nothing under 30fps.

I been enjoy playing the GOW III demo along with the District 9 blu-ray for a few weeks now and by god did it impress! The lighting, high res trextures, volumetric smokes, the incredible Kratos and fire titan model are simply uncompromisingly stunning. Framerate definitely stutters sometimes but it's never a concern for me. Gonna have to get the GOW Collection now after the 30th try of the demo.

For sure, they kinda confirmed it already in an interview awhile back. But the most exciting thing is that the newer build is even better looking at the same time. Time to see the much anticipated Titan gameplay come January with epic music and all.

The end of the demo confused me. My memory of the 2nd is hazy,
but I could have sworn he was working with Titans. Even during the demo itself, he seems to be working with the Fire/Lava based Titan. Up until the end, that is, where he appears to be attacking it. And right before that where the Titan seems to be swatting at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
The end of the demo confused me. My memory of the 2nd is hazy,
but I could have sworn he was working with Titans. Even during the demo itself, he seems to be working with the Fire/Lava based Titan. Up until the end, that is, where he appears to be attacking it. And right before that where the Titan seems to be swatting at him.

I don't think the demo is following the storyline quite yet, however it can be two different aspects to the story. Hades is a God, so shape shifting into a Titan like figure would confuse people. Then there's the other aspect... "Hades the Titan" is the physical form of hell... while "Hades the God" is the ruler of hell/Hades. Taking the last aspect "Hades the Titan", swipe wasn't aimed at Kratos, but rather for Helios. So the rubble falling in Kratos path was just the outcome of a missed hit. Heck, Kratos defeated Helios for him...and the ending part was more of Kratos trying to latch on him, while Hades was trying to grab/secure him.

During one of the walkthrough video, the dev did mention Kratos is gonna make that Titan pay for the grabbing attack. So either the titans are back stabbing sobs or they just have short memories.

Maybe some of the Titans simply don't trust Kratos for having worked for the Gods in the past. He did cut out Typhon's eye to acquire that bow. And made Atlas carry the whole world on his back in Chains of Olympus.

Back