God of War Collection – Blu-ray Disc Compilation

Definitely not a day one purchase for me as the gameplay and story was the most important parts of the first two games for me. Still, it was one of the games that I was adamant to have BC with when I bought my PS3.

I almost bought a PSP for the portable GOW game alone. If they included the PSP version, I am definitely in at launch since I haven't play it yet.

Someone call Sony....patsu?

they've already said they can't put the PSP version on PS3.

IGN: And then the other game is Chains of Olympus, which was fantastic on the PSP. Was there ever any thought about including that on this disc in some fashion?

John Hight: No, that won't be part of this disc. The goal for this was really, "Let's bring this experience up to the PS3". We have all of the original assets, the assets were done at a level that was… You know, a lot of people claimed, "Wow, you know, God of War II looks like it's PS3…" Well a lot of that has to do with the fact that we built this thing with higher-res assets. And even God of War 1, this stuff holds up because we work at a level higher than our target platform, so we can go back and pretty easily move this stuff up, so... It's a little different case with the PSP.

It was all in the interview! :p

Sorry for the late reply. I've been in class all day.
I was hoping for the definitive collection of ALL the GOW games. I can see where it would be hard to put it on the PS3, but I would definitely pick it up even if it isn't optimized.

GOW is hands down my favorite series for the PS2. I've never played the PSP version and I was curious on how it expands the storyline.

sorry for the dig patsu...I was just having a little fun...hope you didn't take offense.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been in class all day.
I was hoping for the definitive collection of ALL the GOW games. I can see where it would be hard to put it on the PS3, but I would definitely pick it up even if it isn't optimized.

GOW is hands down my favorite series for the PS2. I've never played the PSP version and I was curious on how it expands the storyline.

At this point, Sony wants to migrate PS2 users to PS3.

It would be interesting to see PSP's user profiles. Whether PSP owners who buy games already have a PS3. There are many who bought a PSP for its media capability and homebrew only. If it is fruitful to attract new PS3 customers from the PSP user pool, they may try some PSP game bundling and more PSP-PS3 connectivity ideas some day. It's pretty wacky though.

sorry for the dig patsu...I was just having a little fun...hope you didn't take offense.

None taking. I didn't even know what you're talking about at first. ^_^

Early screens of GoW 3 didn't look that good but the latest batch has definitely shown graphical improvement and im very happy for that.GoW3 is going to be a kickass game and I can't wait to play it.Heck, 2010 for multi-platform owners is going to be incredible with Halo Reach, God of War 3, Last Guardian, Splinter Cell Conviction, etc...... :D:D:D:D:D

No, early screens looked near the level now, but even then, they were far far better than just an upscaled PS2 game, so I will still have fun ribbing people when this comes out.

b8l34z.jpg

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/357lpxk/4
http://nl.tinypic.com/r/2gufql2/4
Some highly compressed screen captures of the TGS trailer, the game never looked better.

Click on the "HD" on the bottom right of the player.

Looks like not much change to the lighting/textures, but it definitely looks a lot cleaner. Hopefully the framerate will be solid with less tearing than the originals.

Definitely buying this as I no longer own the originals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Three months of coding to port to a platform that is orders of magnitude more powerful in every aspect except one that can be easily worked/designed around seems about right...

Bluepoint used our PlayStation 2 game code and data and their own rendering pipeline
so a new pipline has to be made.
but cpu code on a emulator?

Why not just recompile EE's MIPS core code to target the Cell's PowerPC core? Most if not all that code should be in C. The low-level bits that are HW dependent need to be redone, but that's usually around just 10% of the code.

The two VUs could be emulated on an SPU each. The interface between the MIPS and VUs would have to be reworked or shimmed, but that should be quick. Most of the effort would be to either 1) rewrite the VU assembly code to SPU C or asm, or 2) write an automatic tranlsator from VU asm to SPU asm.

The abundant excess power of the PS3 compared to the PS2 should mean that the easy and fast option can be made at nearly every step of the porting process.

Three months of coding to port to a platform that is orders of magnitude more powerful in every aspect except one that can be easily worked/designed around seems about right...

Do they not need to recode both games ?
I am talking about do they use a driftnet pipeline for GOW1 and Gow2 ?
Or do they use the same pipeline for both games ?
Perhaps they only have to reconfigure the pipeline a bit for both games?

So if that's the case small deves can be hired to "port" Ps2 games to the Ps3 ?

And do several game ports in 3-4 month 's lets say Capcom wants to bring Devil may cry 1-3 to the Ps3 they "just" need to hire a small team that writes a pipeline for Devil may cry 3 and re use the pipeline for the other 2 games ?
:?:

Back