God of War Collection – Blu-ray Disc Compilation

I would not rule out a small teaser demo, the disc isn't gold yet.
IIRC, they have said in an interview @ E3 that there would be a demo... lemme dig it up.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DuxCj0HGQM#t=4m

I don't think you need God of War to promote God of War. :D That is to say I think the point of bundling demos (or beta access, as has been the recent trend) in such cases is to increase exposure of lesser known franchises (or new IPs) using more established and popular IPs.

For example, bundling the GoWIII demo with a game like MAG might help sales there.
Indeed, that would be a more strategically sound plan. ;) They have mentioned a March release, any other big PS3 titles coming around then?

It would probably be a bad PR move if you had to buy an unrelated game to play a demo. The expectation these days are for demos to be freely available on PSN/Xbox Live. That's why these days such pack ins are for access to closed "betas".

It would probably be a bad PR move if you had to buy an unrelated game to play a demo. The expectation these days are for demos to be freely available on PSN/Xbox Live. That's why these days such pack ins are for access to closed "betas".

IMO, that's really just simply semantics. Beta/demo, most people seem to treat them the same, despite the differences. It seems to me people simply want early access. And avoiding any PR fallout should be pretty simple, just bundle the demo a month or two before it's released publicly. Some will wait for the free demo, others will hop onboard and get a "free" game in addition to their demo. :D Besides, there's only a few IPs out their that can pull that off to any effective degree, each with a strong fanbase that may complain about a "paid" demo, but will buy it anyway. I have a $40 GT5 demo as a testament to that. :LOL: (And I didn't even get a free game with it!)

Yes I suppose it would be rocket science to rerelease 2 already made games this year.

Not that I going buy it anyway. I have both the originals and a backwards compatible PS3. If it included a GOW 3 demo, now then it would be tempting.

Yes I suppose it would be rocket science to rerelease 2 already made games this year.

Does anybody actually know what SCEE has to do, to be able to release a game?

Without know exactly what they have to do and what kind of resources they have available and what other releases they have to ship in the same window, its a bit harsh to beat'em up over it, imho.

Good way to "solve" BC, relaunch games, better looking than the Original, and earn a buck. I have a long wishlist :)

Now for the Download option please.

Does anybody actually know what SCEE has to do, to be able to release a game?

Without know exactly what they have to do and what kind of resources they have available and what other releases they have to ship in the same window, its a bit harsh to beat'em up over it, imho.

Well my guess is, it's not all that different from what SCEA has to do. And the whole point is that Sony should get SCEA, SCEE and SCEJ to be working together. So if one of them has a good idea like this, they should all do it. But instead they are all separate, each doing their own stuff, making an incredibly fractured service. And of course it's usually Europe that gets the short end of the stick.

IMO it's common sense to beat'em up over it. How else are they going to know that they should change their ways.

no i dont, if anybody does know please inform the uninformed:LOL:

Grandmaster, I think an interview/article is in its place :D
If you could get SCEE, the publisher and the developer to give the pov that would be great.

Well my guess is, it's not all that different from what SCEA has to do. And the whole point is that Sony should get SCEA, SCEE and SCEJ to be working together. So if one of them has a good idea like this, they should all do it. But instead they are all separate, each doing their own stuff, making an incredibly fractured service. And of course it's usually Europe that gets the short end of the stick.

IMO it's common sense to beat'em up over it. How else are they going to know that they should change their ways.

So basically you don't know :)

SCEA most likely only has to worry about the english version and the US market/laws etc.

SCEE supports what? 16 countries, fair enough not all of those gets their localized version, but its a great bunch of countries that do, especially since a dinky country like Norway with its 4.6+ M people gets it.

When does the localization happen, during the development or after the game is done and only bug fixes goes in or?

What about packaging and logistics for getting stuff into each country, especially those outside the EU, what is needed in the way of paper work?

How many other titles are they trying to get out before Christmas, how many people do they have allocated to this?

Just some of the questions I got, probably a bunch of other stuff we do not have a clue about also. But if all of these tasks are easy and quick to do, I agree they deserve to get their heads cut off....... :)

IMO, that's really just simply semantics. Beta/demo, most people seem to treat them the same, despite the differences. It seems to me people simply want early access. And avoiding any PR fallout should be pretty simple, just bundle the demo a month or two before it's released publicly. Some will wait for the free demo, others will hop onboard and get a "free" game in addition to their demo. :D Besides, there's only a few IPs out their that can pull that off to any effective degree, each with a strong fanbase that may complain about a "paid" demo, but will buy it anyway. I have a $40 GT5 demo as a testament to that. :LOL: (And I didn't even get a free game with it!)

Well, yeah. It can be a semantic distinction, but that blurring of the lines has some unfortunate consequences. Some companies calling a demo a "beta" creates unrealistic expectations among consumers for what a beta should be like so that when someone else tries to do a real beta they have to deal with negative word of mouth from people who don't understand the difference.

Anyway, with the multiplayer "betas" you can at least make a credible argument that you are testing out the online infrastructure. For God of War 3 it would be hard to claim a strait forward single player demo that's good enough to be sold together with a commercial release isn't otherwise good enough for public consumption. We've seen demos tied to preorders and they've never seemed exactly like PR winners to me. And usually that's a difference of a few weeks not 3+ months!

SCEE have said it won't come out this year (if at all)

Kinda sucks, but we can all import it seeing as there are no region locks for games

So basically you don't know :)

SCEA most likely only has to worry about the english version and the US market/laws etc.

SCEE supports what? 16 countries, fair enough not all of those gets their localized version, but its a great bunch of countries that do, especially since a dinky country like Norway with its 4.6+ M people gets it.

When does the localization happen, during the development or after the game is done and only bug fixes goes in or?

What about packaging and logistics for getting stuff into each country, especially those outside the EU, what is needed in the way of paper work?

How many other titles are they trying to get out before Christmas, how many people do they have allocated to this?

Just some of the questions I got, probably a bunch of other stuff we do not have a clue about also. But if all of these tasks are easy and quick to do, I agree they deserve to get their heads cut off....... :)

Exactly. And Sony are pretty new to all of this game software stuff, so you can't really blame them for not having processes in place to get these things sorted at the same time as in other markets.

I'm sure when Sony have garnered a little more experience, they can build the various localisation processes into the overall production timeline.

that's nice and all for the people who buy the BD but what about all the people (me in particular:D) who already bought the ps2 version of BOTH games?

I'm in the same boat - but i'm hoping the PS3 version will deliver with 720p native rendering rez and a framerate locked at 60fps...it out to be a better experience and well worth the price of admission

:)

Jack

I have both of them too.

For $40, it needs to have added content as well as improved graphics, resolution and framerate for me to purchase them. Ironically, that's what I paid for GOW and GOWII at Walmart.

Back