World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Or just buy the digital download, get all the data before the game is released and be ready to play at 23:01 UK time, all without having to leave the house. Then, if you really want the collectors edition, you can go out and buy it, and link the pet to your account. Although that depends on how many copies of cataclysm you are willing to buy :)

Any ideas what you are going to do when you first get in game? I'm planning on making an attempt at server first 525 cooking; Got about the right amount of mats, should be doable within 3 mins or so of the patch going live.

Or just buy the digital download, get all the data before the game is released and be ready to play at 23:01 UK time, all without having to leave the house. Then, if you really want the collectors edition, you can go out and buy it, and link the pet to your account. Although that depends on how many copies of cataclysm you are willing to buy :)

Any ideas what you are going to do when you first get in game? I'm planning on making an attempt at server first 525 cooking; Got about the right amount of mats, should be doable within 3 mins or so of the patch going live.

Oooh! Thats cunning, good luck!

I will probably create a Worgen, just to see what they are like, do the first 10 levels to get some of the Gilneas storyline, and then switch to my main to start leveling him to 85.

4.0.3a brought some awesome changes. The new face of Azeroth is sweet, for certain. I'll be first in line, this evening, for the midnight release of Cataclysm. However, leveling in Azeroth has become somewhat mindlessly easy. In fact, the character I created last week is already level 51 (no Heirloom gear with XP bonus'.) Plus, with the addition of being able to track multiple gathering professions at once has made me filthy rich. Mining/herbalism rakes in cash.

Questing is much more entertaining now than it was; The fact that the quests in each area are limited to each area, and there is an enforced progression means that you actually get to see each area properly, rather than hopping from place to place and sometimes missing quest hubs entirely. I suspect they have sped up the 1-60 levelling process to enable people to get to the new cataclysm content; I suspect most players don't want to spend months getting to level 80 so that they can see the new stuff.

Yeah the redesigned quests are pretty sweet. Running one of my alts around the Cape of Stranglethorn, they are using phasing quite a bit more, and it makes for some nice quests!

Im posting from waiting line outside GAME, where alledgedly somth "official" will occur. Dunno whAt that migt be. Sry bout spelling ttpos etc, damn steve jobs wont let me spellchex in eenglish. Not many people herre so far. Not compared to past launches.

You could get all the data beforehand if you wanted regardless if you bought digital download or not, by just editing config.wtf to say your account type is CT instead of LK

FinAl qieue to buy now. I got a nice bag an poster. Seems that was the special thing lol.

Bought an paid. On bus home. Nice bag was Too Damn Small for tje bigaas collectors box. /facepalm Lucky me i brought my backpack.

Hope you guys really enjoy it . I can't wait for sw tor so i know how fun it must be.

I remember eq2 launch day , skipped friday and monday classes and ordered a 3 pizza deal from dominos and just sat in my apartment al lweekend and played. I emailed everyone that my phone was broken and wouldn't have a replacement till monday. It was a great 4 day weekend. Most likely one of the best !

Lol, that's some hardcore gaming you partook in there! :D I haven't really done anything like that, I skipped about half a day's worth of school when the original Super Mario Bros. came out for the NES... :LOL:

Btw, yes, it's nice. I can fly with my main character in every territory now, that's so sweet. Well, except for the one that's underwater...heh.

Haven't actually been to any of the new zones yet, just been doing some old world stuff. The new areas are loaded with players anyway, I don't really want to get my toes stepped on every 30 seconds due to overcrowding.

Lol I was 5 when super mario bros came out. It was a great game , I eclipsed my father in video games that day. he still can't get past stage 1-2. I beat the game a few days after getting it .

New games are allways fun and it sounds like they have done alot of work to modernize wow which is great news for its fans.

I plan on another 4 day weekend if i can swing it for sw tor. I'm pretty sure I will be married the next time a big mmorpg that i really want to play comes out. So this will most likely be the last chance for a game weekend for me .

The respawn rate in Mount Hyjal at the moment is absolutely nuts; As melee I was struggling to get out of aggro range before the next mob spawned, keeping me trapped in combat (Vanish FTW).

I'm 1/3 of the way through lvl 81 at the moment (~90/115 in hyjal) , so far the quests are pretty good. Didn't get server first cooking because you had to relog for the training to appear and I ended up in a 25 minute queue to get back in.

The respawn rate in Mount Hyjal at the moment is absolutely nuts; As melee I was struggling to get out of aggro range before the next mob spawned, keeping me trapped in combat (Vanish FTW).

I'm 1/3 of the way through lvl 81 at the moment (~90/115 in hyjal) , so far the quests are pretty good. Didn't get server first cooking because you had to relog for the training to appear and I ended up in a 25 minute queue to get back in.

Wait 'till you get to.. hmm.. damn, can't remember the name of the quest no matter how I try (at work at the moment), but you need to kill 4 mobs in it, and at the same time you get quest to loot 36 supply packages or such - I spent around 2 hours doing that, the spawnrates were simply horrible and million people doing it at the same time - the mobs had some 8 spawn points along the road, and spawned at completely random rates, it could be 20 mins with couple spots not getting a single spawn, and then some would spawn at the same spot twice within a minute :mad:

Still waiting on my copy :(

Ah well I am at work anyway so can't play it, so long as it comes before Friday!

I suspect the spawn rates are so fast due to the expected rush of players in those areas.

Wait 'till you get to.. hmm.. damn, can't remember the name of the quest no matter how I try (at work at the moment), but you need to kill 4 mobs in it, and at the same time you get quest to loot 36 supply packages or such - I spent around 2 hours doing that, the spawnrates were simply horrible and million people doing it at the same time - the mobs had some 8 spawn points along the road, and spawned at completely random rates, it could be 20 mins with couple spots not getting a single spawn, and then some would spawn at the same spot twice within a minute :mad:

Done that one already! A 310% mount does help a lot.

Still waiting on my copy :(

Ah well I am at work anyway so can't play it, so long as it comes before Friday!

I suspect the spawn rates are so fast due to the expected rush of players in those areas.

I'm at work today too, got the rest of the week off though. I suspect that the spawn rate will slowly drop back down to something more normal over the course of the next few weeks once the bulk of the players have gone through. I seemed to get through enough of the zone to be ahead of most people when I stopped playing last night, although I suspect by the time I get home this evening I'll be right back in the thick of it!

Done that one already! A 310% mount does help a lot.
Didn't help me, not even with [/target [mob name] /cast evil spell of huge range]-macro
Maybe your realm didn't overpopulate that area so much :p

Maybe :) What realm are you on? Bronzebeard here.

Ravencrest (EU) :cool:
(and in case someone else here is from Ravencrest / Alliance, Uncle Kaotika is buying all the emberweave cloths for a good price! just throw whisper in-game if I'm online, or in-game mail :cool:
I got server first tailoring in wotlk, and i plan to get it in cata too :D )

For the US players, blue post:
We're aware level 80 characters aren't gaining experience and it's being investigated.

Back