3D Dot Heroes (From Software)

I bought GT5P from PSN, and the disc version of Warhawk. In general, there is no difference with owning PSN or disc games.

I watch out for:

* HDD remaining space. I finally hit the limit in the other PS3. Going to upgrade it too.

* Multiple player party. If you go to Home and join people for game launching party, having games installed on HDD is more versatile. But 3D Dot Heroes has no MP option.

I bought GT5P from PSN, and the disc version of Warhawk. In general, there is no difference with owning PSN or disc games.

I

Except the part about getting up from the couch and walk 2-3 meters to swap disc :p
As I said earlier, to me having the option of having all my games on the HDD with no disc in drive is something I would very much like to have.

As for HDD space etc, its a "problem" that I do not mind, compared to have a lot of physical discs lying about. Not that it has happend to me, but if a disc is corrupted/broken etc you need to get it replaced, probably ending up costing you money. With PSN, you can download it again.

So for me all releases available on PSN is something I'd love to see. At the same time, if the game is released only on disc and its a game I want to play, of course I buy it on disc.

Except the part about getting up from the couch and walk 2-3 meters to swap disc :p
As I said earlier, to me having the option of having all my games on the HDD with no disc in drive is something I would very much like to have.

As for HDD space etc, its a "problem" that I do not mind, compared to have a lot of physical discs lying about. Not that it has happend to me, but if a disc is corrupted/broken etc you need to get it replaced, probably ending up costing you money. With PSN, you can download it again.

So for me all releases available on PSN is something I'd love to see. At the same time, if the game is released only on disc and its a game I want to play, of course I buy it on disc.

Aye, I think because I also keep media on my PS3s, by default, I'd think more about HDD space usage. My game storage is right above the office PS3.

When I mention "no difference", I don't see a strategic differentiator (yet) -- unless Sony decides to do one or more of the following:
* Push open party system (inside and outside Home)
* Push PSN shopping more aggressively (starting with putting the entire library online)
* Push more sophisticated DRM to allow more flexible usage
* Allow remote PS3 game playback on portable devices

Right now, it's mostly case by case, depends on the person and game.

This game!

I played up until Ortega village, explored as much as I could. Having a great time so far!
I find myself chuckling at the references all the time. I recommend you turn on the loading screen art patsu, lots of cool stuff to see there. The fake Megaman (with the silly arm cannon) gets me every time. I also love the two kids playing football ... a perfectly spherical football.

I like how much freedom the game gives early on. There's lots to explore even at this early stage, and the sidequests are a nice touch as well. I enjoy checking out the towns abd talking to everyone. Games don't typically do that (well) anymore, but it makes the whole thing feel more alive.

I want to see how the later gadgets work -- I think I've seen objects that hint to some sort of hookshot and a fire spell becoming available down the road -- but so far this does indeed feel like a very modern, refined 2D Zelda. Probably better than the Minish Cap, definitely in the first impression (Minish Cap doesn't start very well, but gets better later on).

I've been lazy with the character editor, I just picked the prefabbed Shishioh. But I have a question regarding chars: there seems to be different classes, Hero, Royal and Sage. What's the difference? Health vs Magic balance? The game doesn't display such information.

I asked the same question on GAF but it seems no one knows yet.

I also found the From club (like a pub) in the woods. You can see assorted Demon's Souls references there. :)

Rumour: 3D Dot Game Heroes 1.01 Patch To Add Sackboy, Gameplay Improvements:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/1...1-patch-to-add-sackboy-gameplay-improvements/

If a leak (that has now been taken down) by a poster on the Atlus forums is to be believed, a 3D Dot Game Heroes 1.01 patch is headed our way, courtesy of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

What does patch 1.01 add? Here’s a short feature list:

Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet will be added to the game.

New character models created by and for fans will be added.

Completion times for the Dash Race have been adjusted to make it less difficult.

Certain swords will now carry over in New Game+.

Loading art images will now appear randomly, and upon being viewed, be available in the Loading Art gallery.

[more]

3D Dot Game Heroes Sells Six Times Expectations, Demon’s Souls Does Double:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/2...-times-expectations-demons-souls-does-double/

Demon’s Souls may have been Atlus USA’s top selling title, but 3D Dot Game Heroes sales pixel exploded way past the publisher’s projections. Atlus USA estimated 25,000 units. 3D Dot Game Heroes actually sold 160,000 units, greater than six times expectations.

Demon’s Souls sales were 380,000, a bit more than double the 150,000 unit projection.

3D Dot Game Heroes Lounge Opens in Home:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/11/05/3d_dot_game_heroes_lounge/

3D Dot Game Heroes turned the big O-N-E today, and From Software celebrated with a new way to experience those 3D pixel blocks. Users of the PlayStation Home virtual world can now visit a 3D Dot Game Heroes lounge.

The two story lounge recreates the game's Dotnia Castle, sized to fit your Home avatars. You'll find mini games, sales corners and even a warp point for jumping to Irem's Spelunker lounge. 3D Dot Game Heroes has a collaboration with Spelunker.

(Screenshots inside)

Back