3D Dot Heroes (From Software)

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28559/Saling_The_World_3D_Dot_Game_Heroes_Leads_US_PS3_Charts.php

PlayStation 3
North America: 1. 3D Dot Game Heroes (Atlus), 2. Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai), 3. God of War III (SCEA), 4. Super Street Fighter IV (Capcom), 5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision).

Atlus's retro-inspired action-RPG 3D Dot Game Heroes heads the U.S. PlayStation 3 charts in its first week of release, leading over recent hits like God of War III and Super Street Fighter IV.

EDIT:
Started the game ! The beginning levels made me smile. :)
[size=-2]so... nostalgic[/size]

Don't think I'll bother with this if it's going to be a retail release. Don't see the point of filling up a BR disc to 0.1% capacity TBH.

Don't think I'll bother with this if it's going to be a retail release. Don't see the point of filling up a BR disc to 0.1% capacity TBH.

Is not the point of games, to be played and enjoyed? What does the amount of free space on the disc have to do with anything?

I agree, but also if it is that small, it warrants a PSN release I think. Perhaps preferantially as it'd reduce 2nd hand sales.

It depends on their projection. If they think the game only appeals to a niche audience, the goal would be to fetch more $$$ per copy, than to make more copies.

And if their niche is the youth market then having physical media makes sense and is almost essential in the holiday period. I agree though that if the package is small enough then offer it on both PM and DD but that currently makes it really hard to get 59.99 for it. The other option I guess would be to offer a DD version after you've drop the price under $40.

And if their niche is the youth market...
It can't really be the youth market. The game's a take off of RPG of old, targeted at old-time gamers in their 30s typically.

If it were a £20 PSN download, I'd have probably bought it by now without thinking!

I caught some sleep last nite. Rolf, where are you in the game now ?

I started as an Assassin (Royal). The game doesn't explain the classes at all (Royal, Hero, and what else ?)

What effect does it have ? I chose Royal because of Demon's Souls experience.

I suspect the class doesn't do anything except for making the custom characters and editor more interesting.

What does the amount of free space on the disc have to do with anything?
In an ideal world, nothing. But in reality I have to eject whatever other disc I had in the drive (wear and tear on the mechanism), put it back in its case, grab this game's case, take out the disc and put it in the drive (wear and tear on the mechanism) and boot it up. Again wearing my optical drive.

All for a game which I could have downloaded to the HDD in a few minutes, something that would have been cheaper for all involved I might add...

I caught some sleep last nite. Rolf, where are you in the game now ?
I'm at the part where I'm guarding the front porch, waiting for the postman ;)
It shipped from Zavvi 5 days ago ... which means I'll have it tomorrow or Tuesday, with a little luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
In an ideal world, nothing. But in reality I have to eject whatever other disc I had in the drive (wear and tear on the mechanism), put it back in its case, grab this game's case, take out the disc and put it in the drive (wear and tear on the mechanism) and boot it up. Again wearing my optical drive.

All for a game which I could have downloaded to the HDD in a few minutes, something that would have been cheaper for all involved I might add...

The HDD is also a wear and tear device. ^_^

I'd prefer to have all my games from PSN ie installed on the HDD without the need for a disc, I'd be willing to wait for the "long" download time.
But still, if a game is "worth playing its worth buying"* on disc :rolleyes:

*ohhh the memories that brings back of my C64 and Amiga

Back