NVIDIA claims top DX9 GPU marketshare spot.

What you seem to be stuck on is that by my coming to a conclusion that I think opposite of you and stating it, that I preclude you from thinking opposite of me. Which has never been the case in my life. Is that how you think judgement calls and opinions work?

If providing examples and comparisons to how I came to my conclusion amount to demonstrating that any other interpretation CANNOT be, then that's news to me. Especially when I use words like "safe to assume", which means nothing more than "it is clear to me that..."

So, once again, looking at your quote, you seem to point to Dave H coming to a different conclusion than you and running with it to mean that he rejects that properly COULD mean something else than what he took it to. Well, eventually when he got that that's what you were after (that it COULD mean something else), then he agreed: it COULD mean something else.

And I've never disagreed that it COULD mean something else. Except, I guess, by asserting that it means what I think it means.

So, who exactly is the one saying that somebody elses conclusion CANNOT be? Oh...you? Who is the one who cannot be wrong in spite of how the world works? oh...you?

So, have we finally gotten past this point?

CapsLock said:
This is the first reason why Mercury Research should be doubted as having any kind of credibility: thier very own freaking website:

http://www.mercuryresearch.com/

Please note as you peruse this marvel of slick PR and technological know-how (not to mention enormous substance), that:

1. It looks like a 12 year old did it!!!!!!!

2. It looks like a 12 year old did it-in a couple of hours!!!!!

3. Where the hell is "Cave Creek, Az"?

Googling "Cave Creek" I have discovered that it is a town of an entire 3,728 people (in 1,571 homes), located 25 miles north of Phoenix. And as anybody can tell you, they know thier IT in Cave Creek. Its like Silicon Valley 2, for petes sake.

Please do not confuse this Mercury Research with this Mercury Research, because the second one, even though its based in Romania, looks extremely proffessional and legit. It does provide a nice comparison though.

(I love OUR Mercury Research's contact page especially.)

CapsLock

PS. After noting thier products proven worth and industry recognition, as clearly demonstrated by thier website, I am so ready to plunk down 10,000 USD. (Check out the beautiful order form page.)

Could Nvidia sink any lower than hiring/buying these clowns?

Wow, how come no one noticed this before?

edit: population found higher than first reported, assumed more recent and updated
ROFLMFAO~~~~

Thanks, it's some fun facts to laugh at are a welcome diversion from Russ & demalion fighting. :)

BTW-I think saying a 12 year old designed it is being generous to 'em, it looks more like a 9 year old. ;)

hahah reading this thread I've learned a few things.

A. this report is the equivellent of me throwing a couple dimes at some homeless people and asking their opinion on the industry.

B. people cut apart what others say WAY too much. I figured that whole misunderstanding with the initial wording was covered in the span of about 3 posts.

i.e. compliance != performance and its unclear of his meaning.
so it seems the meaning was assumed in 2 different directions and now war is being waged over it.

C. RussSchultz will never admit he is wrong.

D. Demalion appears to "love the sound of his own voice"

Needless to say, if nvidia isn't faltering now, unless they pick up real steam they'll eventually lose alot of marketshare.
Not sure why ww3 needs to be waged over a marketting report though...
oh well..

Strange thread

1. XbitLabs reports on the results of an independently generated Industry Research report and the thread gets titled "NVidia Claims...". Yet, I have not found a Press Release from NVidia claiming anything from the report. (which isn't to say they will or won't at some future date - only that I haven't found an official response to it)

2. Mercury Research and its principles are widely recognized by industry leaders (Intel, ATi, AMD, etc.) and industry leading periodicals (Cnet, InfoWorld, PCWorld, etc) by referencing their data, and through direct quotes commenting on the markets they research. Yet, by reading this thread, you would have thought, that

a) Because their website isn't cool looking or something like that, they must be idiots. Perhaps the reason is as simple as their customers don't care if they have a way cool looking website, and thus the cost to create and maintain a cool looking website is not worth the effort.

b) Because their contact address is in Cave Creek, AZ. They must also be idiots because it isn't near Silicon Valley. Is everyone here close to Silicon Valley? I would think that this community would recognize that with the availability of high bandwidth networking, where you live is less important these days. Also, Cave Creek is just outside Scottsdale, where I'm sure they must have, at a minimum DSL, though if they are successfull, and by every public indication it seems they are, they might have a T1 to whatever address they have in Cave Creek. Which might be something indicating they aren't 12 year old idiots.

Perhaps Dave B. could chime in and give us his, and B3D's, opinion of Mercury Research and the data it generates. And since B3D has referenced the report and its findings on the front page, we might see that it is viewed with some legitimacy here and not jump to conspiritorial bought-and-paid-for conclusions.

And I ain't even gonna comment on the Russ/Demalion...(I don't even know how to describe that exchange)...

Joe

j a florez: my post on the credibility, or lack thereof, of Mercury Research, was obviously intended to be humerous as well as so obvious in its point that the matter did not require rigorous logical analysis.

Apparently in regards to this last assumption, I was mistaken.

Do you live in Cave Creek by any chance? No, I see by your ID that this is not the case. Hmmm...

One simple question, name one other industry recognized company, private or public, that has a website anywhere near that pathetic. Just one, and please provide an address.

Caps

I'm going to have to agree with a lot of Joe's comments regarding Mercurcy Research. They have been around since way before I got started in graphics back in 1995. They are very well known by the graphics/PC industry and were very good competitors to Jon Peddie Associates(JPA) when I worked for them for 4+ years.

Even though they were competitors it upsets me to hear people publicly ridicule them especially when they don't know who they are or what they do. I believe that they use some of the same methods that JPA used(and JPR uses now), but I'm not totally sure. I've set an email to Jon Peddie to see if he could explain it and I'll post whatever I get.

Anyway, during the years I worked for JPA you would see NVIDIA or 3Dfx or whoever jump from JPA to Mercury depending on how good their numbers made them look. So one moment they might use our(JPA) numbers or they may use Mercury's numbers. I believe all of the graphics companies buy not only market research reports from JPR and Mercury, but also weekly newsletters and/or consulting. Yes, they probably do a little of in-house research, but it's easier and cheaper to get JPR or Mercury to get data on their competitors. Provided it doesn't violate any NDAs.

Anyway, a couple of other comments before I leave. Mercury Reseach's web site is the same now as it was when I first designed and maintained JPA's web site back in 96/97. They basically decided against hiring anybody to do one, whereas Jon Peddie personally hired me to do theirs for 4 years. They got me cheap though as I also did benchmark testing, consulted on gaming, wrote articles on games, benchmarks, E3 or GDC for their weekly newsletter and also did some networking and computer support when I flew out to the home in Tiburon(north of San Francisco).

This leads me to the part about Mercury Research being in Cave Creek, AZ. They have always been in the Scottsdale, AZ area. If there's any proof that you can work anywhere, I'm proof of that. I lived in Stillwater, OK and did all my work for JPA at home. They then they would send me to Tiburon, LA, San Jose or Atlanta when things came up like E3, GDC, press conferences, benchmark seminars and even to companies offices to do benchmarking tests for upcoming products. So like I said, you don't have to been in the Bay Area to be in the business.

And lastly, Peter Glaskowsky and Mercury Research are not together. Peter is Editor-in-chief for Microprocessor Report, which is owned by In-Stat/MDR, which is owned by Reed Electronics Group. As for Mercury Research I found this little write-up in InsideChips.Ventures Feb 2002:

Former In-Stat researchers Mike Feibus and Dean McArron founded Mercury Research (MR) in 1989. The company went through a recent downsizing when Feibus left to start his own consulting boutique, Feibus Strategic Consulting. Both companies are relocating operations to their houses. The split-up reportedly resulted from the consolidation of the graphics business, which was a big part of MR’s coverage.

Mercury Research survives with Dean McArron running the company and offering the same report venue. He was formerly VP of technology for In-Stat, with responsibility for technology content in the entire semiconductor research products portfolio. He has also contributed to In-Stat’s Microprocessor Report.

MR offers three annual services covering PC graphic chip sets/technologies, PC processors/chipsets, and PC build costs. Each service is updated quarterly and sells for $9,995.

Feibus was formerly a reporter for the Arizona Republic. He became a strategic marketer for Texas Instruments and later joined In-Stat as senior analyst.

I will note that Feibus Strategic Consulting is now known as TechKnowledge Securities Inc.

Tommy McClain

Well, and exactly what kind of a response does a company, especially one which requires a great deal of public recognition of the value of its services, deserve with a website like that?

That site LOOKS like one guy runs it out of his house in Cave Creek, a guy who either isn't smart enough or doesn't have the capitol to afford a decent website. Even though I would assume that such a thing for someone in that business would be painfully obviously essential.:rolleyes:

Especially if one lived in freaking Cave Creek and the website was his public office!!!!!!!:LOL:

I don't know how anyone could fail to see this. I don't care how long he's been around. He isn't in the mad genius business, therefore he cannot afford to look like he hasn't a clue as to how a proper business has to represent itself. PLEASE refer to another Mercury Research's website, located in Romania no less, for an idea how other companies do it.

http://www.mercury.ro/home_ie.html of Romania -compare to:
http://www.mercuryresearch.com/

Which one would YOU hire????????????

That was the obvious stuff I thought I didn't have to mention.;)

Caps

Not to mention the complete lack of any evidence posted there that would indicate that Mercury Research has a) customers
b) customers you may have heard of
c) industry recognition, testimonials
d) credibility or value

Alot of analysts and accounts are currently under federal indictment , so terms like "well respected" and "widely recognized leaders" means diddly now a days.
What do I know about Mercury Research? Not very much.

What I do know is this. The are "cozy" with another organization that does market analysis that has NO credibility.
They are quoted very often by many periodicals. However being quoted alot does not make you truly competant , it only gives you an appearance of competance.
The web page does not reflect a level of professionalism that matches their alleged level of competance.
Their methods of gathering data is not readily apparent. It may be available by request though.
They could be a perfectly reputable company and I have seen nothing that says they are not , but I am not one to take things at face value.

indio said:

What I do know is this. The(y) are "cozy" with another organization that does market analysis that has NO credibility.

Well, sir, I am shocked to hear this. Mercury Research not reputable?
:oops:
Of course, thats your word versus a company based very near Phoenix!!
:LOL:

Caps

watch it turn out indio is MR's primary competition, then I'll be embarassed [/quote]

Its apparent.

The are "cozy" with another organization that does market analysis that has NO credibility.

Can you provide a link demonstrating their "cozy"ness? I'm open-minded. As long as I've followed the industry, I've never seen a reputable journalist publish anything that would lead me to join you in your conclusion, but I'm open to hear what you have.

However being quoted alot does not make you truly competant , it only gives you an appearance of competance.

No, being quoted once or twice doesn't show you are competent. Being quoted in press releases from Intel, AMD, ATi, etc. over the past 10 years, however, does demonstrate that you are more likely to be compentent than not.

The web page does not reflect a level of professionalism that matches their alleged level of competance.

I'll bet that if they needed a more professional looking website in order to keep subscribers they'd do it. But I still haven't seen any evidence demonstrating that they are losing business as a result other than from folks here who have admitted they do not know much about the business.

They could be a perfectly reputable company and I have seen nothing that says they are not , but I am not one to take things at face value.

I guess I just don't fall into the disparage their reputation first camp before making an informed decision about a company or persons reputation.

CapsLock: You don't "Hire" MR. You either subscribe to their reports or you don't. Just like you don't "Hire" the NY Times. You subscribe or you don't. I thought that was obvious. Guess not.

RussSchultz said:
What you seem to be stuck on is that by my coming to a conclusion that I think opposite of you and stating it, that I preclude you from thinking opposite of me.
If providing examples and comparisons to how I came to my conclusion amount to demonstrating that any other interpretation CANNOT be, then that's news to me. Especially when I use words like "safe to assume", which means nothing more than "it is clear to me that..."

The substance of your reply is exactly what I already responded to by providing reasoning to address, several times. This is a pretty gross example that you are completely unwilling to address what I actually said, as your replies consist of: ignoring what I said, saying I said something else, ignoring any further evidence provided that I said what I said I did, and repeating the process in your next post.

My reply to every point still stands if you actually want to engage in a discussion of something someone else proposes.

So, once again, looking at your quote, you seem to point to Dave H coming to a different conclusion than you and running with it to mean that he rejects that properly COULD mean something else than what he took it to.

Russ, I provided a logical chain and argument, directly quoting Dave H. What do you think you accomplish by ignoring it when I quote what he actually said along with providing that, to simply propose your replacement?

Well, eventually when he got that that's what you were after (that it COULD mean something else), then he agreed: it COULD mean something else.

Well, I do believe that's because he admitted that he'd been mistaken to make that particular statement. So...he changed it so he wasn't saying anymore that "properly" couldn't be including performance. This did not require that he change his central opinion, only recognize that it precluded Jerky unfairly as stated. He still seems to disagree with me about what Jerky was saying, but his assertion is no longer worded in a way that precludes that Jerky can be saying something valid.
What we're discussing, however, is your support of Dave H's original statement and the problems in it that I discussed, and your insistence that there was no problem with it in the first place.

And I've never disagreed that it COULD mean something else.

"If this is as you propose, then I can say this other example that doesn't make sense, right?" "communicates" disagreement pretty clearly, Russ. So does context and stepping in to oppose what someone is saying. If I thought linking to the dictionary definition of disagreement would help, I'd do so. :oops:

Except, I guess, by asserting that it means what I think it means.

Try addressing a quote of my text, Russ, you do a lousy job of representing anything even remotely close to what I stated when you manufacture it yourself. Atleast if you use a quote, I can point out your errors clearly. Or, well, you could possibly actually begin to point out my errors, as I've asked you to attempt.

So, who exactly is the one saying that somebody elses conclusion CANNOT be? Oh...you?

Eh? Try the dictionary, and the English language. How is it you so easily forget that detail? My assertions about your statement not making sense are based on those "minor" details.

Who is the one who cannot be wrong in spite of how the world works? oh...you?

This doesn't even make sense to me...what "how the world works" are you proposing you just related to disproving me? When "throwing words back at me", please give a bit more thought to the attempt.

So, have we finally gotten past this point?

You mean did your simple repetition of assertions, without any attempt at coherence or actual rebuttal to mine, convince me of anything? :oops: Didn't I give you the answer to this already? "Just repeating yourself doesn't convince me". Will that cover as an answer to all future attempts to repeat yourself and ignore my reasons for disagreeing?

Why exactly are you incapable of replying to the PS 2.0 discussion? Do you have a reason? If so, could you share it? Have you considered merely stopping talk on this topic and picking up that one, instead of the reverse?

Your insistence on getting me to stop saying you were wrong without demonstrating that I was wrong to do so isn't merely a device to avoid that discussion, is it? I've asked several times to continued the PS 2.0 discussion, and you simply omit recognizing the request, seemingly due to focusing on continuing this one.
If I let you have the last word in this branch of discussion, and don't reply, will you pick the PS 2.0 discussion up and address the specifics I provided that are sitting idle from earlier in the thread, or not?
If the answer is yes, say so, have your reply, and continue the PS 2.0 discussion by replying to that part of my post...though I hope you understand that if this is what you require to continue the specific discussion of PS 2.0 performance, posing questions in that "last word" might be a bit futile.

j_a_florez said:

Its apparent.

The are "cozy" with another organization that does market analysis that has NO credibility.

Can you provide a link demonstrating their "cozy"ness? I'm open-minded. As long as I've followed the industry, I've never seen a reputable journalist publish anything that would lead me to join you in your conclusion, but I'm open to hear what you have.

However being quoted alot does not make you truly competant , it only gives you an appearance of competance.

No, being quoted once or twice doesn't show you are competent. Being quoted in press releases from Intel, AMD, ATi, etc. over the past 10 years, however, does demonstrate that you are more likely to be compentent than not.

I'll bet that if they needed a more professional looking website in order to keep subscribers they'd do it. But I still haven't seen any evidence demonstrating that they are losing business as a result other than from folks here who have admitted they do not know much about the business.

I guess I just don't fall into the disparage their reputation first camp before making an informed decision about a company or persons reputation.

CapsLock: You don't "Hire" MR. You either subscribe to their reports or you don't. Just like you don't "Hire" the NY Times. You subscribe or you don't. I thought that was obvious. Guess not.

Here's the coziness . Both founders of MR worked for and currently contribute to Microprocessor Report aka In-Stat/MDR. Microprocessor Report has ZERO credibility. MPR awarded the NV30 "Processor of the Year Award for 2002".
The NV30 wasn't even available for nearly another 6 monthes!!!

http://www.mdronline.com/events/dinner/index.html

here's more coziness Googling The editor-in-chief Peter Glaskowsky and founder of MR Dean McCarron together.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=peter+glaskowsky+dean+Mccarron
hmm... there sure are alot of stories they are quoted together on..
Seems cozy to me

You saying that ATI , Intel , AMD and whoever else quotes them is further illustrating my entire premise that Mercury Research are "hired guns".

Furthermore I am not disparaging their reputation. I am questioning the trustworthiness of the source of information . This is a legitimate step when evaluating any important information. I do not know anything about them and neither does anyone else I might add. That is the entire point . I know VERY little about them so why should I trust the info. Why should you? Is it because every Tom Dick and Harry quotes them?
Ever consider that everyone is quoting them because everyone else is quoting them?

Want some more about MR?
how bout this news story

http://news.com.com/2100-1046_3-1009574.html?tag=fd_top
here's a ridiculous quote for you

Dean McCarron, an analyst with Mercury Research, said benchmark results are valuable for graphics chip makers if they want to claim general bragging rights for the fastest chip. But the results hold little sway with the hard-core PC game players who make up the bulk of the customer base for high-end graphics chips.
Dean McCarron, an analyst with Mercury Research, said benchmark results are valuable for graphics chip makers if they want to claim general bragging rights for the fastest chip. But the results hold little sway with the hard-core PC game players who make up the bulk of the customer base for high-end graphics chips.

this next part is seems right out of an Nvidia Press Release

"What happens is that in the gamer market, the buyers are fairly sophisticated," McCarron said. "They're looking at real-world results--how the product performs on the games they're interested in playing. The overall benchmarks, like what Futuremark does, are more influential for the less sophisticated part of the market."

I think I've demonstrated at the very least the appearance of linkage (with a meager effort I might add) and the justification for deeper analysis of the source.

I'm not willing to move foreward until we can clear up this one item. My little brain can only concentrate on one thing at a time, as you so graciously point out that I apparently can't even concentrate on this one item.

Now, go back, again, consider carefully. Is there any other possible outcome of why I might have said

Demalion: he specifically mentioned performance in his original statment, so it would be safe to assume that the second part (can't run dx9 properly) does not include performance as a criteria.

And if this is all opinion, can I therefor say that the R300 can't run Dx9 (or even dx7 or dx8) properly because the anisotropic isn't good?
Other than attempting to deny the possibility that any other interpretation of the original statement other than mine was possible?

Could it be, perhaps, further clarifying my position and the reasons I came to this position? The first sentence addressing my take on the sentence structure leading me to believe that performance was not included in properly; the second sentence bringing a matter of opinion into the works to parallel the 'minimum FPS' proposition and showing that I think measuring 'properly' in that context is a bit daft.

Or, do you know SO much about what I'm thinking, and/or this statement is SO clear that the only interpretation of such is that "I am right, you MUST be wrong", irregardless of my protestation otherwise?

Where I come from, we present ideas, discuss the ideas therein, and come to some sort of conclusion, whether it be "I disagree" or "oh, yeah, I didn't think about that". As far as I was concerned, we were still in the "lets explore each others ideas phase". (To spare you the effort, and allow your post to be a bit shorter so you don't look like "you like hearing yourself talk", I'll include the obvious intellectual slight for you: Well, you certainly don't seem to demonstrate mastery of that in the previous 6 pages.)

And that, sir, is where my rhetorical retort about who was pushing who's conclusion on whom. Here you are, forcing your view of what I said (that my view was the only onen tenable) as being the only tenable view.

So, in conclusion, I am in no disagreement that I disagree with you over what I think "properly" means in this context. And yes, my interpretation of the statement does preclude opinion in "properly".

I AM in disagreement with you over the assertion that I reject any other view as impossible to hold. None of my statements, directly, or ,in my opinion, indirectly, preclude there is another interpretation of the statement in question that might include "properly". I'm sorry it wasn't written explicitely "The ideas expressed herewithin are simply an opposing opinion offered as the conclusion of the author, and are not to be taken an assertation that they are the only possible conclusion that logic can dictate unless explicitely stated as such." I felt that was a given in any discussion involving opinion or conclusions.

So now, can we move on? Even this tiny little point is taxing my brain to breaking.

Here's the coziness . Both founders of MR worked for and currently contribute to Microprocessor Report aka In-Stat/MDR.

I don't know what they contributed in the past or what is contributed on an on-going basis. I fail to see the reason to disparage their work based on your perception of coziness.

You saying that ATI , Intel , AMD and whoever else quotes them is further illustrating my entire premise that Mercury Research are "hired guns".

No. I am saying that MR publishes data. Intel, ATi, AMD, etc., feel the data they provide is of sufficient quality, i.e. trustworthiness, that they feel comfortable issuing a press release that highlights the data pertinent to their standing in the market at the time of the report. They do not hire MR to make a statement on their behalf. In the auto industry, for example, many carmakers issue press releases when JD Power's data reflects positively on that carmaker. They don't hire JD Power to create the data as I think you are implying of MR.

Furthermore I am not disparaging their reputation

MR make a living by marketing themselves as industry analysts with certain background, experience and knowledge, you disparage their reputation by stating:

a) they create false data in order to make IHV's look good, i.e. their data is untrustworthy
b) they have no knowledge of the industry, i.e. they have no idea what gamers do or don't do
c) they are quoted not because they are knowledgeable in their field of work, but because everyone else quotes them.

If that is not disparaging their reputation then I don't know what is.

Ever consider that everyone is quoting them because everyone else is quoting them?

Tell me you really don't believe this. I'm dumbfounded by this statement. But, whatever.

I think I've demonstrated...

By virtue of that one statement above, you've indeed demonstrated something to me.

In the final analysis, if you don't like 'em, don't like their website, don't like where they live, don't think they know anything about their business, don't think they know their own customers, don't think they are trustworthy: don't buy their product. Maybe everyone reading this thread agrees with you and thinks they are bought and paid for, and I've wasted my time. But at the very least I've tried to add balance to the thread. Oh well. Mea culpa.

j_a_florez said:
Here's the coziness . Both founders of MR worked for and currently contribute to Microprocessor Report aka In-Stat/MDR.

I don't know what they contributed in the past or what is contributed on an on-going basis. I fail to see the reason to disparage their work based on your perception of coziness.

No. I am saying that MR publishes data. Intel, ATi, AMD, etc., feel the data they provide is of sufficient quality, i.e. trustworthiness, that they feel comfortable issuing a press release that highlights the data pertinent to their standing in the market at the time of the report. They do not hire MR to make a statement on their behalf. In the auto industry, for example, many carmakers issue press releases when JD Power's data reflects positively on that carmaker. They don't hire JD Power to create the data as I think you are implying of MR.

Furthermore I am not disparaging their reputation

MR make a living by marketing themselves as industry analysts with certain background, experience and knowledge, you disparage their reputation by stating:

a) they create false data in order to make IHV's look good, i.e. their data is untrustworthy
b) they have no knowledge of the industry, i.e. they have no idea what gamers do or don't do
c) they are quoted not because they are knowledgeable in their field of work, but because everyone else quotes them.

If that is not disparaging their reputation then I don't know what is.

Tell me you really don't believe this. I'm dumbfounded by this statement. But, whatever.

I think I've demonstrated...

By virtue of that one statement above, you've indeed demonstrated something to me.

In the final analysis, if you don't like 'em, don't like their website, don't like where they live, don't think they know anything about their business, don't think they know their own customers, don't think they are trustworthy: don't buy their product. Maybe everyone reading this thread agrees with you and thinks they are bought and paid for, and I've wasted my time. But at the very least I've tried to add balance to the thread. Oh well. Mea culpa.
No offense, but you've just questioned his questioning of their credibility rather than offering any proof of their legitimacy.

And no, I don't think I should be required to give the benefit of the doubt to MR in this instance after all the cited connections to Peter Glaskowhathisface and their rather POS website.

What makes you think they're credible?

j a florez wrote:

"CapsLock: You don't "Hire" MR. You either subscribe to their reports or you don't. Just like you don't "Hire" the NY Times. You subscribe or you don't. I thought that was obvious. Guess not."

Very lame comeback. 1. you couldn't think of an original put down
2. using the term "hire" when "subscribing" to a market analyst's product is legitimate. A company employs (ie.hires) Mercury Research to do statistical analysis for them by "subscribing" to thier quarterly report.

You cut me to the quick sir. :rolleyes:

More importantly, I asked you for 1 (one) measly example of any proffessional website (never mind one for a company so lofty as to advise or inform Intel and Amd) that looks anywhere near that stupid and unproffessional.

Geez, one would think having "subscibers" as prestigious as Intel and Amd, one might not only brag about it (with appropriate proof, links, testimonials) but also be able to afford a proffessional web designer. hmmmm.....

Isn't it strange how the famous Microprocessor Report can name a GPU (NV30) as chip of the year, and then months later the company that makes it (Nvidia) calls it a failure!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: hmmmmm......

Caps

Unless anyone has actually read one of their reports, I do not think we are in any position to say definitely, one way or another, if they provide good analysis. That being said it is possible that they produce the type of work that allows companies to quote from in order to garner good press. Much like the movie industry can always find a reviewer to say "THE BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME" about any crappy move. In this capacity they perform a valuable service to their customers. The attention from this remark alone (most Dx9 parts) is worth many times more than the subscription cost.

RussSchultz said:
A small question:

Is the thought that 60-70% of the DX9 cards out there being 5200's that outlandish?
No, it's just the thought of a 5200 being considered a real DX9 card that I personally have a problem with. :)

Back