Gamescom 2009 : Sony conference discussion

I saw Jem's name on the official blog and thought for a second I was on the Joystiq liveblog. I forgot that he's moved on, but didn't know THIS was where he moved to.

More than 10 million PS3s in SCEE, eh? If true, that's interesting in regard to Microsoft's announcement of 9 million just last week. So they believe they're already ahead by a million in Europe now, and they sold almost 5 million a year in Europe. If that ramps up after today, they could get closer to the 10+ figure they expect to ship for this fiscal year than I thought.

Hero of Sparta is coming out as a PSP Mini download!
Register your PSP Go between 10/1 and 10/10 to get GT PSP as a free download!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha ! They have revamped the info bar totally. Thank you very much !

EDIT: Holy cow, it's now a pane of TV screens :LOL:

I :love: the animated theme.

Sony kept the XMB UI simple and fast but extended it in more dimensions. Great work !

Next step: Highlight Home user activities in an animated theme. That way I can go into Home when I see something interesting going on. Home is XMB-based, so it should be easy to extract and exchange summarized info with XMB.

That actually makes me sad, the clock was such a source of hilarity.

You can make a theme with a giant clock covering the entire screen ^_^

Me, actually, especially if there's going to be more Europe exclusives, like Outrun.

I know. That rolleye's was at Sony for taking so long. Even though I could buy stuff on PSN, it didn't make much sense for me to buy map packs and other online only DLC simply because most of my friends couldn't buy them anyway.

Back