Canadian Residency...

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
Done - Sw33t! :cool:

Although, it was somewhat daft that once we got the Visa's in our Passports we had to physically leave and re-enter Canada to activate the residency status. Still, Niagara Falls in the evening was a good sight! :)

Congratulations! It's been a while though. Does it normally take this long?

Congrats!

I myself just got my residency status in the US after 2 years conditional and 1.5 years waiting for the removal of conditional to be processed.

Congratulations! It's been a while though. Does it normally take this long?
Actually, it was relatively short - 323 days in total. We were a little tardy in actually getting round to filing, seeing as we thought (apparently incorrectly) the re-issuing of a work permit would be a relative formality, and we only filed the PR last August.

Now have another 2 years and then I decide whether or not have a second passport! :)

I say go for it. Canada is tops, even if that's because its a top hat. :p

Plus, if you do decide to get citizenship, you can participate in the strange world of Canadian politics. I know there's a new copyright bill being drafted right now, and they're doing public consultation on August 27th in Toronto. I might go, seeing as I know one of the ministers involved.

Just don't be like one guy I know who's been a permanent resident for 8 years now, lol. Of course, he's from California, so I maybe he figures he's close enough to Canadian already. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I take offence to that song's implication! My family sold the forest last year. Now we only press flowers.

It's all one can do while waiting for our tea and biscuits. Ever since our navy subs leaked, filled with poison gas and caught on fire, we've had delivery problems. Some have suggested eating the officers instead, but I'm not too fond of the idea. Although, I suppose I could just vomit if I felt guilty.

My grandfather is British though, so we've asked him to go back and get us something directly. However, every time he refuses and walks away muttering something about "Norman"... We're starting to think he may be losing his mind. But don't tell him that, or I'll have to stand in a box singing O Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh you be surprised. We love python in Canada. Even we french canuckians. The lumberjack song is a bare #2 theme lol...

Done - Sw33t! :cool:

Although, it was somewhat daft that once we got the Visa's in our Passports we had to physically leave and re-enter Canada to activate the residency status. Still, Niagara Falls in the evening was a good sight! :)

Congrats. :)

I waved on our way driving thru Toronto on Monday. Did you see? ;)

Actually, I saw a Markham road exit on 401, but I didn't see a building with an appropriate sign on it from 401.

My funny "leaving Canada" story is apparently they are doing license plate recognition.

We entered at Sault Ste Marie, and then dipped down into upper New York to take some pictures of a National Weather Service site in Canton. Total time in New York, 3 hrs.

We re-entered Canada at Cornwall on the way to Montreal and for the first time in my border experience the guy asked "when was the last time you visited Canada?" so I answered truthfully "3 hours ago".

He gave me an expression of surprise, but I'm pretty sure he already knew the answer and just wanted to hear why.

He seemed satisfied we weren't gun/drug running the border, thankfully. ;) Middle-aged couple with Minnesota plates probably didn't hurt there.

Back