Where to find your videos with IE8 and Win7 ?

rainz

Veteran
Sup folks,

I'm used to download lot of funny videos and others ..! from the net from various sites. Since i'm with Internet Explorer 8 and Windows 7 i cant find any videos in Temporary internet files folders or somwhere else.. Any ideas? I asked that on one of the MS forums and none of their engineers *cough* were able to answer my question.. Hopefully you guys got the answer as usual ;)

Thanks

J-F

do a search for *.html that will show you where they are stored although you'll get a few false positives
remember to include system + hidden files in search

or *.js may result in fewer false posetives

I don't remember the exact location but it's buried in the folder that contains your user profile.

You'll also have to make sure that not only are hidden files/folders are viewable but also system/protected ones.

Regards,
SB

Users\username\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files

Maybe here?

Users\username\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files

Maybe here?

Already said there's nothing there .. and worse .. i dont even have this folder .. the only thing i have hidden in \Local\ is > Temp .. and there's only 2 videos there .. Cant believe that suddenly 90% of the videos on the net are not cached anymore ?!

My folder is in ..

\default\ folder is hidden

users\default\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\

But this place is empty..

Look directly in the IE cache.

Open up IE
Goto Tools/internet options/
Click on settings button under browsing history
Click view files

From there you can sort by time/date/size/type etc.

I go there a lot to copy FLV files that are not saveable from Youtube.

Look directly in the IE cache.

Open up IE
Goto Tools/internet options/
Click on settings button under browsing history
Click view files

From there you can sort by time/date/size/type etc.

I go there a lot to copy FLV files that are not saveable from Youtube.

Yes that's the way i used for the past 10 years .. there's no videos now in this place .. wondering if its related with a security option or something with Windows 7 ?!

Is your IE8 inprivate browsing disabled? Also did you set your browser cache for a decent size? Also make sure your browser is not set to clear cache everytime you close it.

Is your IE8 inprivate browsing disabled? Also did you set your browser cache for a decent size? Also make sure your browser is not set to clear cache everytime you close it.

IE8 inprivate browsing not sure i'll check that

Browser cache yes 1024mb

browser isnt clearing cache everytime

I'll try to find that first option you're talking of

I set my cache at 512MB as it helps when you want to copy large streaming HD videos. I believe 1GB is the max size IE8 allows.

Back