Darksiders,give it some love :)

All the story and dev diary videos are awesome for this game, but the 3 walkthrough videos were plain boring to me :( ! The game play seems lacking somehow.Either its too varied, coz of which it lacks personality, or the video was too small to show how varied the gameplay can be and the choices that decision provides in playing the game.

Why do they have that giant arrow on top of the enemy to show the locked-on target? C'mon, why break the immersion with an ugly arrow? It looks as if debug mode switched on or something, I hope they find a better way to show the locked-on target than that.

First review I am aware of (printed in my favorite console magazine "consol.at"):

88/100

They were very impressed with the variety of gameplay (they call it the next gen Zelda, and say that it doesn't have to much in common with GOW but indeed with Zelda) and with the story (campaign lasts about 20 hours). Technically they say that it is nothing special...

A cool video at youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mflV1GEmvYg

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely on my radar, but like others it may be on the backburner for now. Too many great games that I haven't even opened yet.

A great demo could really change my mind though.

Holy crud, I just realized that this and Bayonetta both release on the same day.

I still feel like getting Bayonetta first- execution on the donkey thingy was pretty hilarious.

I've got it pre-ordered.

It looks great, and the gameplay reminds a lot of Soul Reaver. I just can't say no to a game like that.

This game looks really, really interesting. The GAF thread got me very interested, particularly as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of other games like it floating around. Pity it's released in the most densely packed quarter we've had in a bloody long time!

It's coming out in less than 3 weeks, actually. There's not that much releasing in January. In March, though... yeah, that's crazy.

What an amazing looking game, damn. Might be my favorite so far... maybe if the character design was a little bit less cartoonish...

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_the_first_10_minutes_darksiders-8856_en.html

I've been hearing alot of good things about this game and that is a great sign..Supposedly, the ps3 version suffers from terrible aliasing but not sure if its actually true or not.Either way, Im definitely going to buy this game on day 1...2010 is shaping up to be the best console gaming year by far...It is stacked with alot of great games...

Had not followed anything to do with this game then happened upon a thread on another forum and it sounded really good, then someone mentioned similarities to Soul reaver and I pre-ordered it without seeing footage.

My order was dispatched 1st class today so it should be with me tomorrow apparently, thursday at latest.:D

PS3 version.

I've been hearing alot of good things about this game and that is a great sign..Supposedly, the ps3 version suffers from terrible aliasing but not sure if its actually true or not.Either way, Im definitely going to buy this game on day 1...2010 is shaping up to be the best console gaming year by far...It is stacked with alot of great games...

The word on the street appears to be:
360 version:
  • Terrible tearing
  • Lower framerate
  • Better AA
  • More vivid colours

PS3 version:
  • Far less tearing
  • Better framerate
  • Bad aliasing
  • Washed out colours

I'm leaning to the PS3 version, but a dev posted on GAF that they're looking at patching the performance issues (which I'm assuming means tearing and framerate on the 360 version). So I am somewhat torn between the two right now. Lucky ( :( ) for me they're not selling it here just yet.

360 version:
  • Terrible tearing
  • Lower framerate
  • Better AA
  • More vivid colours

PS3 version:
  • Far less tearing
  • Better framerate
  • Bad aliasing
  • Washed out colours

I'm leaning to the PS3 version, but a dev posted on GAF that they're looking at patching the performance issues (which I'm assuming means tearing and framerate on the 360 version). So I am somewhat torn between the two right now. Lucky ( :( ) for me they're not selling it here just yet.

I want to get it, but will probably wait on a Digital foundry analysis before I decide on which version to get. My wife loves the Zelda games, so there is a chance she may play this--it's really for me anyway.

360 version:
  • Terrible tearing
  • Lower framerate
  • Better AA
  • More vivid colours

PS3 version:
  • Far less tearing
  • Better framerate
  • Bad aliasing
  • Washed out colours

Outch... Hope it get fixed this game possibly interest me.

Back