XBox Ultimate Game Sales, Summer of Arcade

That's one hell of way to close out the Summer of Arcade. Looking forward to Shadow Complex and Lost Planet 2 co-op demo on Wed.

sebbi,

Is it possible to get the sharing fixed via a patch? Right now, I can get a level off a friend but the other friends can't get that level off me. That doesn't seem right by any stretch. I understand you guys having to host all the user content if not feasible but sharing between users should not be so restricted. Is this something you guys can fix or MS now allowing sharing like that?

I just got round to playing the demo, I like it. The mini-games are funny too, at least the two we get to try in the demo. The levels do get pretty involved rather quick though! Do the demos get really long (as in much longer than the longest level in the demo) or only more difficult to pull off?

Are highscores for Silver users not ranked in general, or only for the demo?

Trials HD is actually the seventh game in the series. The first four games (Trials 1 series) were browser games: Trials, Trials Pro, Trials Construction Yard and Trials Mountain Heights. Trials 2 was released for PC. It also had a sequel called Trials 2 Second Edition. We thought about naming Trials HD just Trials 3, but as the game was new for the console audience, we decided to save that name for later use.

Link to year old Trials 2 Second Edition YouTube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY7usXt1F0A

My biased translation would be: After so many version, Trials 8 should have MP :LOL: I jest, I jest. Although Excitebike tracks specifically for MP would be great. And for current tracks something like Trackmania... I know, easier said than done.

Thanks for the great and fun game :D

sebbi,

Is there atleast a way to fix the sharing so that friends can download something I have downloaded from soemone else? It's a shame that because of the sharing issues, a large part of the community might not enjoy gems like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rmBnKY-a9M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHJ6BCsRG58

I sent the guy a FR because I really want to play his level. If he accepts and I get the levels, I would like other people on my friends list to be able to pull them off me instead of me telling everyone to send this guy a FR and hope he adds them.

There was an article somewhere, maybe on Arstechnica, where they talked about the issue with sharing content. I guess unless the developer makes a huge infrastructure investment there is no way to share content easily because it is not a service available through Xbox Live, or something like that.

I need to make a level. I'll use Quick as my guinea pig.

There was an article somewhere, maybe on Arstechnica, where they talked about the issue with sharing content. I guess unless the developer makes a huge infrastructure investment there is no way to share content easily because it is not a service available through Xbox Live, or something like that.

I need to make a level. I'll use Quick as my guinea pig.

I'm not asking them to host the content. Just allow it so that you can download a level off me that i downloaded off someone else. Outside of tagging the content different and not allowing it to be reshared, not sure where the infrastructure issue exists.

I'm not asking them to host the content. Just allow it so that you can download a level off me that i downloaded off someone else. Outside of tagging the content different and not allowing it to be reshared, not sure where the infrastructure issue exists.

exactly

I was wondering about that. I see you playing shared content but yet when I go to "Get" from you, there is nothing there.

that sucks. typically there is a small community of quality map makers for a game and not allowing shared content from friends limits the spread of that content significantly. I probably won't make a map but I love the game and would love to have shared content from others to try.

Yeah, I guess as long as you aren't able to edit other people's levels there is nothing wrong with that.

Finally! Beat Inferno 2. Damn that took forever though. Worth the satisfaction for being able to say I beat. Beating all the track in Trails HD (some barely) is probably the toughest gaming I've done for quite some time.

Really enjoying
Defense Grid: The Awakening

It makes 3 top tier Arcade titles (BF 1943, Trials HD) for me this year to accompany my 3 current retail releases. first time I see myself really replaying arcade titles.

*actually 4 Arcades if you count NBA 2k10 Draft combine

Evidently Microsoft is pleased with this year's Summer of Arcade...

This year’s Summer of Arcade delivered a lineup of blockbuster titles that smashed nearly every record for the service, and even set a new monthly revenue record with an incredible 200% growth over last year’s program. In fact, of the top five highest opening week sales ever on Xbox LIVE Arcade, three were from this year’s Summer of Arcade, including “Shadow Complex, “Trials HD” and “Marvel vs. Capcom 2.”

What’s more, blockbuster breakouts “Shadow Complex” and “Trials HD” both eclipsed previous records for most downloaded single-player game in their opening weeks. Winner of more than 20 Editor's Choice and E3 Awards, “Shadow Complex” set a new standard for quality and depth in downloadable games, offering an immersive story and setting on par with full retail titles, at the value and convenience gamers have come to expect from Xbox LIVE Arcade. To top it all off, “Battlefield 1943” joined the leading ranks as one of the best selling Arcade games of the summer.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2009/09/21/sd357.aspx

They also used the press release to gush over 1vs100 & chat up the upcoming Joy Ride.

Tommy McClain

I would like to see a quality preview of Joy Ride. # maps, will it have weapons, will it be more of a "skill" racer, take no skill, uber catch up cheater AI, etc.

I would like to see a quality preview of Joy Ride. # maps, will it have weapons, will it be more of a "skill" racer, take no skill, uber catch up cheater AI, etc.

Yeah, lack of details this close to release is odd. Hopefully it will get some attention at TGS. I'm eager to see what's in store.

BTW, for those that like playing games using their avatars I highly suggest 2 Indie Games...

http://xblig.info/ANv

Not only can you play as your avatar, but you can create your own courses & share them with friends. Also has 8-player online matches. I wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft award a XBLA contract to this guy. His game is already No. 3 on Microsoft's list of Avatar games on Marketplace. Excellent value for $5.

http://xblig.info/Dej

It's simple, fun to play/watch & it's only a $1! ;)

Tommy McClain

After the past couple of years, I'm now looking to summer of arcade as much as regular releases. The games are absolutely fantastic and quite varied. This year was even better than last with the titles we had.

Spolsion man: The biggest suprise of the bunch. Great game and gameplay. Glad to see it did well. I think the difficulty and traditional platforming might have put somep people off but the gameplay is solid and the humor is well done. Out of 50, there were about 5 levels that were a chore. The rest quite enjoyable. 8/10

Trails HD: My favorite game in some time. I'm absolutely hooked on this game. Everytime I turn on my 360, I'm somehow conditioned to spend atleast 30mins on it. Thank god there is no time counter or it'd be depressing to see how many hours I've spent on it......I keep playing to maintain my skills for the DLC. Pitiful as that might be, it's true :( 10/10

Shadow Complex: It's hard to believe the gameplay elements and the lenght this game provides for being a downloadable title. Still getting through this one but so far it's been living upto the great reviews and buzz about it. If I had to rate it so far, it's another 10/10.

Not played:
TMNT: TIT. Played the demo and this one is the dud of the bunch. A couple of years ago it would have been fine but the quality for downloadable games has sky rocketed since then.

MvC2: Not much needs to be said about this expect that it's a great buy for fight fans. Had SF4 not come out and got me burned out on the fighting genre a bit, this would be another must buy for me.

For $40 (cheaper since I always get my Bison dollars on sale) to have 3 games with such varied gameplay, presentation and excellence is the bargain of this generation, for me. While I love the blockbuster release game also, chances are, I'll have spent more time between these games for cheaper than some of the big ones. If you have a 360 and somehow only stick to retail releases, you're sorely missing out on some of the gems of this generation.

Another thumbs up for Avatar Golf. It could use some "player skill variety," (touch golfer, power golfer, etc), ability for different players to play from different tees, wind more variable during the shot, and a couple other tweaks overall it is a great deal at $5. Very refined.

Back