Alan Wake: Microsoft preparing to leave PC gamers behind (again)

The only XBox exclusive I ever wanted to play, gonna see if it holds up to my expectations

Same here, well other than Gears 2/3 and to a lesser extent Halo 3.

Anyway my copy arrived today and I've just been playing for the last hour or so. So far its excellent, the graphics are gorgeous and it performs very nicely on my 4890 with everything at maximum except MSAA at 2x and FXAA on low, at 1080p. Feels like 60fps in many places dropping to 30fps in high intensity areas. All vsynced.

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun playing this... in the dark with the speakers turned up :devilish:

brrrr... got stuck for 30 minutes in the tutorial, pissed me off enough for tonight.
Good think is I got my non-xinput gamepad working now, god knows MS makes it as hard as possible for those to work :rolleyes:

Play without HUD. Experience is 10 times better.

Yeah this does really help the immersion. Deep into episode 4 now, loving this game. I enjoyed it on 360, but it really shines on pc, the visuals are really nice here.

brrrr... got stuck for 30 minutes in the tutorial, pissed me off enough for tonight.
Good think is I got my non-xinput gamepad working now, god knows MS makes it as hard as possible for those to work :rolleyes:

Just use a 360 gamepad, it basically works automatically with most pc games nowadays, they are preconfigured for it.

Back