Alan Wake: Microsoft preparing to leave PC gamers behind (again)

Odd, I just went to Steam to see if there's a demo available (there's not) and while it unlocks here in the US in 2 hours, there's no way to buy it. There's no price listed or buy button.

I'm going to wait to see what the price is and whether the mouse lag is universal in the retail release before deciding on the title.

Regards,
SB

Pffft, no! :)

I just can't use a console controller as well as keyboard and mouse. Even in something very arcady like Renegade Ops I do far better with mouse and keyboard.

Maybe I'm just too old to learn to use these new fangled control schemes on PC as well as KB/Mouse. :p

I only really use the X360 controller on my PC for MAME and PS1/PS2 emulation.

Regards,
SB

Steam is offering free Collector Edition for everyone who buys the game before Feb 23. And they were kind enough to lower the price for my region. Sweet. :)

Greenman Gaming has it for 33% off with the code HALFT-ERMHO-RRORS. I paid $20.10 for the regular version, and its Steamworks game so they just give you a code that activates on any Steam account. Also, if you've never used GMG before, you can get both you and me $2.00 off our next purchases by using this referral link:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=qoyetuqa

For Dx10, Just Cause 2 is a fantastic showcase.
Thanks for the recommendation. I was out of the loop for couple of years and recently came back to gaming. Just bought JC2 from Amazon for $11. Can't wait to see it in motion this weekend.

Greenman Gaming has it for 33% off with the code HALFT-ERMHO-RRORS. I paid $20.10 for the regular version, and its Steamworks game so they just give you a code that activates on any Steam account. Also, if you've never used GMG before, you can get both you and me $2.00 off our next purchases by using this referral link:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=qoyetuqa
Yep. Bought one for $20.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was out of the loop for couple of years and recently came back to gaming. Just bought JC2 from Amazon for $11. Can't wait to see it in motion this weekend.

You want:
Bastion
Renegade Ops
Trine 2
Orcs must DIE!

for a start.
(My best games of 2011)

[herm off topic ^^]

How good is the soundtrack? I'm waffling on paying 30 USD for it now (5 USD off) or waiting for a better sale which will inevitably come. If the soundtrack is really good I may just go for it.

Regards,
SB

Check out the soundtrack on youtube? I thought it was good.

Indeed.
Sad that they changed the way they rendered the trees and foliage though, A2C would have looked better than FXAA.
Seems a strange thing to change considering they force MSAA to begin with. :s

I'll tell you one thing - the voice acting and writing remind me of Max Payne. ;) And that's not a compliment lol.

I played for a bit on my TVPC with 560 Ti. 360 pad works great. I had the game just crawl at one point though and I often see some flickering of a texture layer on trees and flora as I move around. Web search reveals I'm not alone. Maybe a driver or game bug. Only running 1360x768.

See Alan Wake in all it's glory on PC!.... at console resolution and gamepad :p

Gamepad works great for this game. It's a 3rd person shooter and I usually see it that way with them. Platform doesn't matter one bit.

I need to play it on my 6950 if the 560 is going to flicker trees/grass. Need to try out SSAA too because FXAA is shit and the lack of TAA/AAA is as well.

Yeah, you'll definitely want those trees looking nice at the start since 99% of the game has them. :p

Yeah, you'll definitely want those trees looking nice at the start since 99% of the game has them. :p

You can see the effect here. The outlines of the trees and grass flash. It's not really easy to see in this video though.

It's not really easy to see in this video though.
yeah i need a better camera any recommendations? :smile:

seriously though, i think it is shadows causing the flickers.. I've tried every single settings on/off and it appears only when shadows is set medium/high.. low/off is safe.. it's no deal breaker since it happens only at certain angles.. FW 295.51..

Back