Happy 4th

Sonic

Veteran
To all us in the states or expats of this country.

Happy 4th of July!

I'm going to have a BBQ then see the Fireworks today. What are your plans?

Happy 4th guys! :) I actually took some time off from my busy schedule to enjoy the day and actually had time to post something. :)

BTW - Digi...looks like you're gearing up to have a Bottle Rocket war there. ;)

Regards,
SB

My 4th went south

23532d1246719005-my-saturday-photo0047.jpg

23534d1246719005-my-saturday-photo0051.jpg

23536d1246719005-my-saturday-photo0055.jpg

23548d1246798087-my-saturday-photo0062.jpg

23681d1247137027-my-saturday-photo0070-1024x768-.jpg

Playing Soccer/Football Saturday morning.

Nope, playing indoor soccer and came from the right and goalie came out and I passed the ball and he took my feet out from under me and I smacked the concrete wall. Wrists and knee took a beating too.

Sports accident, could've happened at squash really(something else I like to play).

Looks painful, I'm messed up myself, but did not even get a photo of the injury b/c wife could not figure out camera on my phone and I was like "relocate thejoint it hurts"

Ye, the cut was quite bad. Currently a lot better but still feeling the effects of the accident. Stitches come out on Monday. Forgot to mention that my nose was broken as well, not bad mind you, but the cat-scans showed the break.

Sxotty, hope you doing ok. :)

Ye, the cut was quite bad. Currently a lot better but still feeling the effects of the accident. Stitches come out on Monday. Forgot to mention that my nose was broken as well, not bad mind you, but the cat-scans showed the break.

Sxotty, hope you doing ok. :)

And you (concussion?). I have surgery scheduled tomorrow. Turns out the Xray only showed one fracture, but MRI shows 2 in different bones and possibly 3 and of course maybe a torn ligament. The MRI tech apparently cut the slices the wrong direction so Dr. could not clearly see the soft tissue damage. Seems kind of a superfulous test to me in that case...

Anyway word to the wise if you are planning to fall off a ladder dont land arm first, and if you insist on doing that (due to physics) don't stick your thumb in a 5-gal bucket when your hand goes outside of the bucket. It turns out that is bad for you. :p

For you that dont know the 4th of July is the day the American people get together to mourn the fact that they are no longer part of the mighty British empire. The turkey they eat is a symbol of the fact that they were all a bunch of turkeys to leave in the first place. They wish they too could be like Canada and be ruled by queen Liz and Phil the Greek.

Davros, for the rest of us, the 4th July is just a painful memory.

Sxotty, ouch. I was lucky not to have concussion and was not knocked out at all. Doctor was amazed too. They cat-scanned my head but found no cracks etc. but I do have a flat spot on my head that's dead to sensation, even now. The cat-scan revealed that my nose was broken on the top. ENT had a look yesterday and said it should heal ok and doesn't think he needs to do surgery. kewl.

I hurt my thumb about 5 weeks ago, playing soccer and a interim keeper and one of the guys kicked the ball and it pull my right thumb back something aweful. I was swollen for about 4 days and bruised for even longer. I never had it scanned though but was sure the muscle tore. It's recovered now and then the accident happened on Saturday.

I can feel your pain. Ouch!

-------------------

Dav, in my country, quite a few accidents happened on the 4th this year. A friend fell off his bike and his knee looked aweful and swollen after a car failed to stop at the stop street. Another cut his hand in a quad-bike accident. Friends of another died in an accident when a truck skipped the robot and smacked their car.

As my friend with the bike had it.

23572d1246863592-ugh-acc4.jpg

:D hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Unknown Soldier - Once you get the stitches out get yourself some vitamin E to apply to the scars, it helps to heal/fade them. (I once took off half my face in an auto accident)

If it's any consolation facial injuries like that always look like shit, and they'll look like shit when the stitches come out too...just give it a few weeks and it will get better. :yep2:

Back