Real-time multi lights shadow

outofland

Newcomer
Hi,

Is there any good solution for real-time multi lights shadow?

BTW, I saw there is a chapter "Real-time dynamic shadows for image-based lighting" in ShaderX7. I don't have this book, so is there anyone know what does it talk about ?

Thanks!

Well, multiple lights aren't any harder than single light. You just need to use more shadow buffers, or multipass over the same buffer.

You seem to be having trouble with multiple lights, you know the sort of lights fireworks would produce ;)

Thank you for all your replies. I supposed to describe my question more detail. The problem I met is the performance of implement multi-lights shadow. For multi-lights we could use light pre-pass, deferred shading... to solve it. But for multi-lights shadow, for example in game there is N dot lights and one dynamic object. If each light has its own shadow for dynamic object, the performance will be a nightmare. As I know, UnrealEngine use some kind of resolution called "light environment". But the shadow quality is still not good.
So is there any other solution for implementing multi-lights shadow except limit light number or light cast shadow ability.
Thanks.

What his Gravestone will look like

1246357294-13197.jpg

Back