Michael Jackson is dead at 50

And Farrah Fawcett today too. How weird.

I was not a big fan of Jackson, and his personal life was pretty weird, but if you grew up in the 80's, that was his heyday when his music was everywhere and he was a massive star. He never really got back to those heights, and became more notorious than famous in his later years and especially after his court cases, but I guess the music will still stand on it's own merit.

I think his big problem along with the plastic surgery and the (alleged) kiddy-fiddling was that his sound never really changed. Unlike contemporaries like Madonna that stayed popular by constantly reinventing herself, Jackson's sound stayed the same, and his fans out-grew it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna be an interesting autopsy.

The weird thing about Farah is realizing she was 62 years old. My older brother had that famous poster hanging on the inside of his bedroom door back in 1977.

Gonna be an interesting autopsy.

The weird thing about Farah is realizing she was 62 years old. My older brother had that famous poster hanging on the inside of his bedroom door back in 1977.

The famous one that was considered too risque and was redone with her nipples airbrushed out of the dampened swimsuit. She was around for a long time, but I think her image was bigger than her career, or maybe even her talent.

There's more pictures of her here, though some NSFW.

(Sorry Digi, didn't mean to sidetrack your thread).

Attachments

• farrah-fawcett-lead.jpg
    farrah-fawcett-lead.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 51
Well, the MSM is still reporting a coma, not death, for Jackson. If he dies the 3rd will need to be famous from the 90s (Farah = 70s, Jackson = 80s, and, hell, Ed McMahon = 60s?).

He's been declared dead by various sources now.

Man, I feel like a big part of my childhood growing up in the 80's is coming back to me now.

What's that, pedophiles?

ban.gif

(had to borrow it from another forum just for this)

Regardless of if MJ was guilty of such or not, that definately wasn't called for here.
One of the biggest music stars in history just died, you should show some respect or keep your mouth shut.

ban.gif

Regardless of if MJ was guilty of such or not, that definately wasn't called for here.
One of the biggest music stars in history just died, you should show some respect or keep your mouth shut.

I concur, wheather you liked him or not, hated him or loved him, thought he is a star or just stardust he was human and flawed just like the rest of us.

God Forgive us for living.

This is too much, too many famous stars in one year but we are mortal and anything can kill us.

I loved you Michael Jackson, I hope your soul finds peace that this land of stress and restlesness.

The media however is going to have a field day with this, rollseyes..

ban.gif

Give me a break. He was a talented artist and a tragic man. If you remember the man only for his art and not his controversy you show him less respect than someone who remembers him as he actually was, both his good and bad.

Nite_Hawk

hear hear

Since I was a child of the eighties I do rememeber his heyday, + wrote a song in his honour (though I cant say I ever like his stuff, like most pop stuff )
www.zedzeek.com/MUSIC/wacko.mp3

btw whilst I do say hear,hear, I dont believe he was a pedopjile I believe he was someone who had no interest in sex (believe it or not such ppl, exist, usually female but yes also male), btw the joke was good

Uhm, are you familiar with RPSC? "Respect" is something that is earned around here for the most part, not often just given and definitely not just for political correctness sake.

I've always felt we owe nothing but truth to the dead personally. :yep2:

I agree with Kaotik. That was uncalled for and to spark an endless and tiresome discussion about if he was guilty or not should find no place here, in this thread.

Just let the man be.

May you rest in peace Michael. You'll be missed. :(

I for 1 really enjoyed his Music, Thriller and Bad were my personnel fav's. Despite his so called antics in the public he was still a legend and will forever be in the Music Industry.

It's a sad thing when someone dies, but frankly, I couldn't care less about Michael Jackson, nor did I ever like his Music or even consider him talented in any way except as a dancer.

I am truly saddened, MJ was the man. Or if that is too broad, then rather the living embodiment of an era of pop culture when that pop culture itself was one of the most powerful things breaking down literal and figurative walls around the world.

But in any case, love the music. MJ, NOOooooo!!!!!

How about a litte show of respect to such a icon in the Music Industry and we start listing some of our own personnel favorite MJ Songs -

here is mine

1 - Wanna be Startin Somethin
2 - Thriller
3 - P.Y.T

Yeah, I second that. I'm just listening to

"in the closet" (album: dangerous) - probably my most favorite MJ track, ever.

Can't really believe he's gone...

Back