Extremetech closing down

Heh, you only say that because Dave Salvator got involved in the NV-3DMark2003 flap. :D

And thinking about that. . . wow, was that really six years ago already?

The piece doesn't really say ET is closing down, though.

Loyd's piece was edited without his involvement. The entire ET staff is being fired and the site converted into a sub-blog underneath PCMag. To me, that's basically the end of ET.

Loyd's piece was edited without his involvement. The entire ET staff is being fired and the site converted into a sub-blog underneath PCMag. To me, that's basically the end of ET.
I see. I noticed some other sites are saying ET is going away, so I don't dispute that.

Sad to see, I had it on my list of sites to visit for reviews and etc.

The piece doesn't really say ET is closing down, though.

The site will remain up, acting as an online archive of sorts, but no new articles will be written.
At least, that's what Loyd Case said in the forum:
"I believe the intent is to maintain the existing content as an archive. There certainly is a lot of good stuff here, and I'm sure the powers that be would like to maintain the whatever ad revenue that an archive of ET would bring it.
I want to let people know: the forums will still be here. While ET's home page will be an archive for the time being, as PCMag solidifies its plans for what it wants to do with the ExtremeTech name, the forums will still be live. I believe they plan on keeping the forums alive and active."

Back