Benq...

Anyone know what's going on here? I went to help a friend get a matching 24" Benq display for the one she already has, and lo and behold, Newegg no longer carries Benq monitors.

So I got and check my other standby before hitting price search engines. And what do you know, Mwave no longer carries Benq monitors either. Check ewiz, and nope, no Benq monitors there either...

And for the model I was looking for, the only reputable (lots of user ratings) sites that had it, the Benq monitors wear asking significantly more than they used to.

Is something going on with Benq? I haven't heard any news about them being in financial trouble or withdrawing fromt he LCD space. And always through that their monitors were pretty solid.

Yet, they seem to be disappearing from online stores...

Regards,
SB

I haven't been able to easily find them (to price compare) for many months now. No idea what is going on.

Seems to be in short supply outside of Asia-Pacific. I bought a Benq 6 months ago from Ebuyer and they were months past their original UK ship date. They seem to get a hundred in every month or so, and then sell out in a few days, and go out of stock again. Seems to be the case for almost everywhere that sells them.

Any higher prices you may be seeing I suspect are retailers price gouging because of short supply.

I can find them over here in Holland

€175 for G2410HD
€249,75 for V2400W
€240,10 for G2400WAD

They all seem to be either "in stock" or "in stock at distributor"

So yeah.. that's weird, I heard no noise from Taiwan that BenQ has issues. Back around Chinese newyear they were still "thriving"

Back