You don't own an XBox360. Why?

You don't own an XBox360. Why?

• I'm just not interested in this console.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I don't think this is a reliable system / RROD.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I can play most of its exclusives on my PC.

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • The only thing I want from Microsoft is them to improve Windows.

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 19.6%

• Total voters
I voted "other" because I'm not interested in consoles, period (I interpreted the first option to specifically mean that I'm not interested in an XBox360, because I may be interested in another console instead). I prefer having one machine for everything, and a PC is a good enough gaming machine for me.

I allready own a decent gaming-PC and a PS3, wich I think have much better games.

And I don't like a console with crap build-quality, and will bleed my wallet over time with expensive online-play scheme, and insane HDD-upgrade and wifi-prices, and the fact that there isn't a 'end-live-subscription' is also a big negative, I don't want to call in just to end the service-subscription. :-/

Might get a 360 this fall tough, if the video-store coming to Scandinavia/Norway is decent, since it will probably be the only legal video-on-demand service.

It's pretty crazy if you don't own a 360. Best games this gen.

I think that is a incredible bold statement to make.

Imho the 3 consoles have more than enough to offer to satisfy even the most demanding player and that includes Exclusives as well.

I do own a 360 but every once and a while I remember why I didnt want to buy one.

Almost every game on it is multiplatform and I often feel that it lacks interesting exclusives.

I bought it because it got cheap and was bundled with gears. Other than that I dont know what else it offers me that the PS3 doesnt.

I was considering to buy Mass Effect but after I played it a bit my interest was reduced.

Ninja Gaiden 2 was another game I wanted to buy. It is going to be released on the PS3 with extra content.

The 360 has Forza, the PS3 gas GT which I always liked more.

One of the reasons I didnt want to buy a 360 was also the fact that I had to pay a subscription for something I got free on the PS3. Anyways since I bought a 360 and some of my friends play online Gears 2 I paid for it.

PS3 has superior games in genres i play the most (FPS and Racing). This is subjective, of course, but in my opinion Killzone 2 and Resistance combo are vastly superior to anything Xbox has/will have until end of its life cycle.

On the matter of racing games, again, i firmly belive that GT/Motorstorm are better than anything Xbox has/will have.

This is, of course, my personal opinion and i understand than many of you disagree with me. :)

Seems kinda even between the both regarding games and type of games. With games like Alan Wake, ME2, F3 360 will secure it's position. And then most multiplatforms running better and looking better aswell as about equal +/- in perfomance to the PS3 kinda narrows the choices down.. although HW failure is another serious problem.

But for me having a high/med-end PC I'll play on the PC and the 360 exclusives game ports on my PC.

Hehe, just goes to show how personal tastes can range all over the place.

For example for me, Gears of War was the main reason I got the X360. And PS3 just doesn't have anything that holds a candle to Gears 1 or 2 (in my opinion of course. :)).

Have tried Resistence and KZ2. Interesting, but not enough to convince me to fork over 500+ for another console+controllers+games. At 149 I'd take one in a heartbeat. At 199, I'd probably buy one.

Regards,
SB

I bought X360 ten months ago. I already had PS3 for one year.

In fact, the software in both systems is pretty much the same. There´re a lot of titles shared, and the multiplataform seems to be the best way to improve the capability of a software company to survive in this nasty environment.

My experience with both systems has been different, though. I´ve played several of benchmark titles of X360 with a 4-years old PC, which is odd, because the hardware cost me 1000 euros (7900GT and Athlon XP3,8 dual) and it´s obsolete completely.

I found PS3 to have a much more exclusive content, but only because I played Gears, Bioshock and Lost Planet in PC. So I tend to see X360 more like a cheap PC that avoid all the terrible burden of incompatibilities, patches (on-line service now takes back the old-fashioned release patch, sadly) and a more confortable display for living room payers.

The other big difference between platforms is the way the services are offered. MS seems to offer X360 as the point of entrance to an array of services that should be payed in order to enjoy them; it´s the case os on-line Gold service, peripherals and so. PS3, in that context, is more in the side of a hardware builder: you own the console -and go. That´s more likable to my taste.

But apart from this, I found both platforms really enjoyable. I tend to buy more titles for PS3, just because little gimmicks (the freedom to change hard disk in PS3 made mi buy a 320 GB and expand their capabilites; now I use it to store photos, music, demos and install almost everything that is installable; in X360, mi 60 GB HD is full since almost day one because of the terror a RROD affaire and, sadly, Crackdown is not yet installable).

As a whole, I´ll recommend both consoles (absolutely if you are a games lover) but, in case of choosing only one, I usually point to PS3, regardless of price.

Bye.

Where is the "too expensive" option for the 360? Sure you can get one for $200, if you dont want to update it, download demos, or install any of the games. Or if you dont want to use Wifi. If you do, well thats $99 for the MS Wifi, and $99 for the 60gb HD. Whats the cost now? Oh, $400. Same as a 80gb PS3.

Other: Already got a PS3 and high-end PC. The former takes care of most consoley things, the latter satisfies the geek and multiplayer in me. So all that's left is 360 exclusives and none of them are compelling enough to me to justify a third console (also got a Wii for all the usual reasons).

Where is the "too expensive" option for the 360? Sure you can get one for $200, if you dont want to update it, download demos, or install any of the games. Or if you dont want to use Wifi. If you do, well thats $99 for the MS Wifi, and $99 for the 60gb HD. Whats the cost now? Oh, $400. Same as a 80gb PS3.

In fact, you're completely right. However, this 'classical excuse' only goes to the PS3. Very few people take all the costs of buying an XBox 360 into account.

I can't imagine ever using Wifi. It just seems like asking for trouble. I tried streaming videos and music and Media Center and it was just unusable on my 802.11G. I ran a cable and haven't looked back since. Cost: about $10, since I crimp my own cables.

I have also never bothered installing a game, since you have to have the disc in anyway, I never saw the point. I still have my original launch 20GB drive and it's only half full. I could get a 120GB from the company store for a significant discount, but there's no point.

Everyone always harps on about what you "need" to play a game in an attempt to inflate to cost of the 360, but the only thing you actually _need_ is the base console and the game.

Now that's not saying I didn't buy a bunch of accessories, I did. But I would have bought similar accessories if I had bought the PS3.

Likewise, there are a lot of things you don't need to play PS3.

I think Live, in and of itself, should be enough to incorporate into the cost of your console. Afterall, after 5 years of Live, you've added significantly to your investment.

As for WiFi, it's a huge benefit, and so long as you have a stable router and keep your network running well, it's absolutely no different from a LAN connection. I'd doubt a single person in here has an internet connection fast enough to "max out" WiFi. You just have to set your router up correctly so it has minimal interference and maximum connectivity.

That said, I concur, adding "additional costs" to a system is ridiculous, especially when you're reaching for straws trying to prove a point.

Why cant you imagine using wifi? My router is 80 feet from my TV. Wifi is so easy, and running cable under or thru the house isnt. Some people enjoy that type of thing, I am not one of these people. And not everyone needs to, some people have their 360 right next to their router. How they dont have it as standard, is silly to me. They are the leader in online gaming for consoles, and they dont have wifi. The Wii, the least online console has it, for $250 since day one.

Streaming was unusable? Something must have been wrong, thats been done for years on both consoles. I do it, again from 80 feet away. Movies, music, anything.

Sure you dont have to install games, you have the option for some, for faster load times. But not downloading demos? Ugh. Now thats something I couldnt imagine. New XBM? Need an installation for that too.

The 360 is obviously cheaper, and can play all the games with the Arcade unit. Im sure some people are perfectly happy with it like it is. And then some will want to update when they get more money. Yet, after you factor in the prices (for just two of the most common upgrades), its not cheaper. I dont know anyone with a 360 without a HD. And most have Wifi. Would you like rechargeable batteries? Well, pay up for those too.

Funny part to Gamestops 360 Arcade page;
The Xbox 360 Arcade System is everything you need to hit the ground running. Plug in the console and connect the wireless controller and you're playing. Then decide what extras you add and when—it's expandable to the full Xbox 360 experience.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=67291

Im not going to drag this thread down, Ive said my piece. Its not just about the lowest price you can buy it for, because you cant do everything with that console that you can with the higher priced models. Or do everything that the Wii or PS3 can. It costs less, and does less. Bottom line.

Don't own cuz most of the exclusives don't interest me, and there aren't even that many exclusives to begin with...

I used a friend's 360 for about a year while he was in China. Played some racers, Gears, Mass Effect. But I can get my racer fix on PC and my old Xbox. Mass Effect and Gears are on PC now. RE5 is coming to PC. Dead Space is on PC. Etc. Much prefer to play games on PC where they have a future with mods and performance improvement.

Don't care to pay to play online. I'm not much interested in competitive FPS gaming. My days of that were UT/Q3.

Don't like the micro transaction commercial feel to the Xbox Live stuff.

I spend most of my gaming time these days in various mod communities or playing old games.

Back