You don't own an XBox360. Why?

You don't own an XBox360. Why?

• I'm just not interested in this console.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I don't think this is a reliable system / RROD.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I can play most of its exclusives on my PC.

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • The only thing I want from Microsoft is them to improve Windows.

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 19.6%

• Total voters

eloic

Veteran
I'm curious about that.

Also post, if you think that you can add something to the chosen option.

Thank you in advance for all your votes and comments.

:)

The main reason for me is that I would like to have everything on a single system, and I already own a PS3.

Beyond that I don't like the reliability issues it has. Or having to pay extra for online play.

Other, because I do own an xbox360.

Because I rarely play online, having to have to pay for a service I will rarely use is a big negative for me. I've been a PS fan for a while so I'm not as familiar with most of the 360 exclusives; the only ones that really interest me, are Gears and Forza 3. Reliability isn't really a concern for me anymore, but it does make me hesitant to buy one.

I know what the title says. I think the poll should also indicate how many people DO own one.

I don't own an xbox360 because:
- there's really no exclusive games that I feel I'd must have.
- Online gaming isn't that important to me, that's why I don't like paying extra for a service I'd rarely use.
- reliability issues
- no blu-ray (although nowadays when standalones are cheap enough, that's not such a big issue)

I've been wanting to get a Xbox 360 for a long while now. Unfortunately, now I have to chose between upgrading my PC and getting an Xbox. I decided to go with the PC, because mine does need a serious upgrade.

I will still get an 360 sometime this year though.

I know what the title says. I think the poll should also indicate how many people DO own one.
Ok, but I just wanted to know why people don't own one, and I'm getting some responses.

Wait a few minutes and you will see something...;)

Ok, but I just wanted to know why people don't own one, and I'm getting some responses.

Wait a few minutes and you will see something...;)

Then why didn't you bother with a You don't own a Wii? Or in the which console do you own thread, didn't you give an option for "I own all 3"? :)

Regards,
SB

I chose "other" because there is no "Microsoft is evil" option. Already enough illegal monopolies associated with Redmond, no interest in helping them gain another one.

Sony is evil too of course but nowhere near as successful at it.

They won't. I say two or three more generations (10-15 years) and we'll see a unified "hardware standard".

I don't forsee this system working for much longer, it's unstable, and developers are cutting off "exclusive" games. The draw to buy from MS or Sony will most certainly come from software features the consoles provide (much like when we purchase a TV or PC, etc).

In fact, to take it a step further, I think we'll see Cross platform gaming at that time as well, Live will eventually "die" as we know it, and will be reborn as something completely different (i.e. not focused around online gaming).

I'm curious about that.

Also post, if you think that you can add something to the chosen option.

Thank you in advance for all your votes and comments.

:)

1: I had just bought an Xbox
2: it was the cost for the system during launch.
3: The initial game draught
4: I wasnt attracted to the many games focusing mostly on War & Death. And I wanted to get a system that I could enjoy with my GF.
5: By the time E3 2006 came around I got really excited for the Wii
6: 4 out of 5 people I knew had hardware problems- one friend having to send his 360 to the shop six times!!
7: (this also goes for the PS3) I simply wasnt ready to upgrade my TV, etc, to really get everything the system could offer regarding HD and Digital sound
8: The price of the games
9: Got my hands on the Wii, played for the first time Zelda & Excitetruck, and was happy with the Wii.
10: When I wanted to play the 360 I just went over to my friends house

They won't. I say two or three more generations (10-15 years) and we'll see a unified "hardware standard".

I don't forsee this system working for much longer, it's unstable, and developers are cutting off "exclusive" games. The draw to buy from MS or Sony will most certainly come from software features the consoles provide (much like when we purchase a TV or PC, etc).

In fact, to take it a step further, I think we'll see Cross platform gaming at that time as well, Live will eventually "die" as we know it, and will be reborn as something completely different (i.e. not focused around online gaming).

Hmmm, I'm not sure a 3DO like business model for consoles will necessarily survive. Competition drives innovation. And drives down pricing.

Although PC gaming survives, but PC gaming is also significantly more expensive than console gaming.

As to Live, its already seeing a more focused push away from being gaming centric. And the number of people using Live for things other than gaming is expanding. At the company my friend works at. He's already gotten other people to buy an X360 for the sole purpose of using Live for Netflix and media rentals.

Not sure how prevalent it is yet. But I am hearing of more and more people using Live for media that don't do any sort of online gaming.

Regards,
SB

- RROD.
- Its "Brick".
- Most of its exclusives are on PC.
- It doesn't support peripherals other than MS's.
- I don't think I am gonna see games like LBP, Flower or Modnation Racers on it, ever.
- I don't like Halo.

I have a X360 that I bought near launch because I was so interested in Gears of War. The game was a defining standard for next gen graphics and I caught up to the hype. I think XBL is superior to PSN mainly due to the number of people online but not because of it's features.

My 360 right now has the RROD. And I'll be looking to fix it. But if it breaks on me again I might not look to get another one. I guess you can say that's my biggest dissappointment about it. It will eventually break even if it's well taken care of.

I put down other because for me, price is still an issue. I don't own a Wii either, because that too is out of my price range.

That said, if and when I do buy a current-gen console, the first will probably be a PS3 for two reasons. 1 ) I've received a couple of freebies over the years, and all of them are PS3 titles, so I'd like to be able to play them at some point, rather than have them sit in a box. and 2 ) To use as a Bluray player, which is probably what the darn thing would be used for more than anything else, to be quite honest.

I see no reason to own a 360. I'm not into Gears of War or Halo, I can't stand the controller, I sometimes go on a game break for weeks at a time and paying for an online service that I am not always using is pointless when the PS3 is free to get on when I want, and PS3 does netflix just fine. Why own a 360 at all?

I seen another guy posted about the power supply x_x. Don't even get me started on that thing. I severally injured a toe the day of return on Christmas break because my room mate had his 360 hooked up to the tv and the brick was right beside my desk chair.

Back