Battlefield 3 announced

yeah mean the DCL everyone plays for 5 seconds beofre going back to Caspian border?

I only play Caspian when with a large group of friends/colleagues. With just 2/3 peeps most time is spent on Ziba.

for me, the top-4 is:

Metro TDM
Operation Firestorm Conquest
Ziba Tower Conquest Domination
Kiasar Railroad Conquest

I just started on BF3 (13 hrs) and after a few hours of aggravation I'm finally getting it. TDM really helps because it gives you a lot of shooting practice early on.

One thing I find strange though is the latency difference between dying and killing. What I mean is that I would sometimes sneak up on someone and pump bullets into their head and it would take about a second for them to fall over and the kill to show up on screen. But there are lots of times where someone runs around a corner and insta-kills me. At least it appears to be instant from my perspective.

I just started on BF3 (13 hrs) and after a few hours of aggravation I'm finally getting it. TDM really helps because it gives you a lot of shooting practice early on.

One thing I find strange though is the latency difference between dying and killing. What I mean is that I would sometimes sneak up on someone and pump bullets into their head and it would take about a second for them to fall over and the kill to show up on screen. But there are lots of times where someone runs around a corner and insta-kills me. At least it appears to be instant from my perspective.

Ueah, welcome to BF nedcode. The only bad thing about BF technically speaking...be prepared to often experience 'running behind cover out of line...still getting hit by bullets and finally die after a second' situations.

Everything else is ace!

Ueah, welcome to BF nedcode. The only bad thing about BF technically speaking...be prepared to often experience 'running behind cover out of line...still getting hit by bullets and finally die after a second' situations.

Everything else is ace!

Haha yeah that shit has already happened to me more times than I can count and I just started playing. It's stupid really cause you're talking about seconds. That's way too much delay.

That's somewhat understandable but what really grates me is when I stick my head out for half a second and duck back under cover and still get popped. Am I showing up on the enemies' screen out of cover for longer than my control inputs should dictate?

Completely agree. DICE come on!

LtY5H.jpg

Meh. Mini-map could be better but that "infographic" is not fair at all.

Anyway, about being shot after turning a corner, that's merely the side-effect of the prediction used. It's either that or rubber-banding, shoppy animations, 32 player max servers, etc. pick your poison. I prefer ocasional corner-shots to any of those.

You know it would be cool if DICE had training levels with "cardboard" popup enemies like the special forces guys use. I seriously need help with reaction time and hand-eye co-ordination. I feel like an invalid compared to most people online. It just seems that everyone has lightning fast reaction time and amazing accuracy and I'm in slow motion in comparison. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Not knowing the maps well just makes it worse. So frustrating!!! :(

but if they promise something that will be improved on BF4, we still cant believe them.

at least from the experience with BF3 promises. Lots of it goes forgotten.
even user feedback is ignored (DICE staff ask feedback to be compiled on EAUK forum, a member decided to do it and its done, DICE close the forum)

Then about Mod. DICE was allowing BF3 files to be edited and run. Then suddently after they say that its ok, on the next patch BF3 disallow edited file to be run :/

If BFBC2 still have players i wont be playing BF3....

but if they promise something that will be improved on BF4, we still cant believe them.

at least from the experience with BF3 promises. Lots of it goes forgotten.
even user feedback is ignored (DICE staff ask feedback to be compiled on EAUK forum, a member decided to do it and its done, DICE close the forum)

Then about Mod. DICE was allowing BF3 files to be edited and run. Then suddently after they say that its ok, on the next patch BF3 disallow edited file to be run :/

If BFBC2 still have players i wont be playing BF3....

Well, a game can always be improved but it's not like the community can even decide on specific features (like commander mode, squad leader spawns, etc.).

For me the two only real let-downs of BF3 were the lack of native voice-comms and modding. Imagine BF3 with custom maps. OTOH, if ETQW is any indication because people are so caught up on their stats most would never set foot in the custom map servers anyway. K/D ratio FTW?

You know it would be cool if DICE had training levels with "cardboard" popup enemies like the special forces guys use. I seriously need help with reaction time and hand-eye co-ordination. I feel like an invalid compared to most people online. It just seems that everyone has lightning fast reaction time and amazing accuracy and I'm in slow motion in comparison. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Just keep playing. Accept that you're playing at a disadvantage and take confort with every kill/flag/bomb you claim. I played in the beta and even so I found it difficult at release time until I got to around level 3 or 4 mostly because there were people playing 24/7 and were already several levels ahead of me, with unlocked perks/weapons. As for DICE giving you a hand, they do have a "nice" XP package for you to buy if you want to immediately advance to level 15 IIRC. But then you're only robbing yourself of gameplay. :p

Not knowing the maps well just makes it worse. So frustrating!!! :(

Yeah, this is likely another problem. Over time, specific routes and strategies emerge for each map and each flag point, not just the position of flags and spawn points. The best thing you can do is join a clan (ours if you haven't!), join a few friends in matches and just tag along in a squad.

The only other advice is focus on one class. I'm coronel in Assault and nothing in the other classes.

Two things:

1) try to improve net code...invest money, do research, be creative to reduce lag

2) point system is near perfect, but some tweaks are necessary: weapon unlocks with points you get while holding weapon, not with kills. Similar to tank. All gadgets must give people points, such that they are more motivated to use them and help the team.

Thanks.

Billy

Anyway, about being shot after turning a corner, that's merely the side-effect of the prediction used. It's either that or rubber-banding, shoppy animations, 32 player max servers, etc. pick your poison. I prefer ocasional corner-shots to any of those.
Not really, it's more about evening the odds between LPBs/HPBs than fluidity ... you could just make the HPB miss ...

Completely agree. DICE come on!

LtY5H.jpg

I feel this in my heart so.. so much!!
It's sad because the mini map was never broken to begin with, what happend DICE?!

The Battlefield 2 mini map was perfect!!!
No other map gives you such a clear and accurate representation of the battlefield and whats going on in it, along with excellent scale and orientation!!
It's litterally a picture of the game map, birds eye view, with great color, scale, options, and proper player/vehicle icons.
IT WAS A THING OF BEAUTY!! and i think commander mode is to thank for that one >_<

Battlefield 3 needs BF2's mini map/map system so bad..
The BF3 map thing or w/e is total crap, and we need a good map now more than ever..
-With maps as large and as detailed as they are in BF3
-along with everything DICE did to muck up the screen during gameplay
-along with the way players blend into the backgrounds
-and with how bright the damn sun is..
we've never had the need for a proper map like we do now..and it will be the same for BF4..
C'mon DICE get with it!!
Make BF4 the game 3 should have been :)
Be it SP or MP, just make it GOOD!!

BF3 made me realize how much a good, functional mini map does for you when it comes to orientation and learning the map, because it lacked one..
I was better off not glancing over to the mini map because it would take me a few seconds just to orient myself and figure out where and what was going on..
I would end up switching between zoom levels just trying to grasp what was going on..
Generally that added to the confusion as each zoom level had its own default orientation set different from the last.
Also the position of the 'sattelite' showing the mini map was not the same between levels,
so you ended up looking for yourself on the map when switching between the zoom levels.
It just made me more lost, and kinda made me miss BF2 :(

From day 1 a good mini map/map will help make you a better player, it engages you into the game faster.
You become attached to the terrain on a more personal level, it overall just grounds the game much more.
It's a portal to the game world you are in, and it quickly and clearly feeds you information thats not visible right in front of you.

Wish i could have the person in charge of BF3's mini map explain why..

I mean c'mon.. having the option to have the mini map rotate around the players icon,
or even something as simple as being able to select spawn points directly on the map...
I dont think we will ever get a mini map quite like BF2's ever again..
I blame consoles!!

R.I.P
lil' good ol' mini map

Need to know:

If a guy buys BF3 now, will he have to download all the patches that were released till date or only the latest one ? The latest one itself was 6gb , i think.

Please reply.

Need to know:

If a guy buys BF3 now, will he have to download all the patches that were released till date or only the latest one ? The latest one itself was 6gb , i think.

Please reply.

If Premium then you are looking at about 25GB from Origin. It will download patched main game separately and all DLC's in one go.

Back