Battlefield 3 announced

New maps have some shoddy modelling and texturing: some rooftops have ledge textures that extend further out than the actual roof/ledge model so you can easily fall through the texture if you are wiggling around in prone trying to line up a shot. Also some corners of buildings are extra thick, but the extra thickness is an invisible part of the model so when you for instance throw a grenade, trying to line it up so that you don't have to get that much out of cover when throwing, the grenade bounces off the invisible extension.

Baaa, played for 2h, game crashed and rebooted my PC.

So it seems that with ultra settings and vsync on, game crashes.

It seems that with high setting and vsync on, no crashes.

Don't know what's up with my PC and BF3.

Sigh, what's the deal with hacking in this game? Although I haven't played any multiplayer at all I did buy BF3 at launch and I also picked up premium when it came out cause I wanted to support the developer after all the good times I had in BC2.

I'm just about ready to jump in but all I'm seeing is widespread reports of egregious hacking in the game and apparently DICE is powerless to stop it. Now I have absolutely zero motivation to even begin playing the game cause I just imagine it's a bunch of retards running around griefing people.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/t7201/im_a_hacker_and_i_have_some_information_for_the/
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/u1kwl/i_was_banned_for_hacking_ama/

I can see the entire enemy team on the map, spotted, with ranges - all the time.
I can see who is aiming at me at any time, and the QUALITY of that aiming. (Remember this, I'll get to it's importance later)
I can set the hack to aim-bot on the push of a button, or all the time - or none. I can also set it to fire for me - but only when my crosshair is over a space that will result in a kill.
I can set the hack key-binds, to toggle any option In the hack.
I can choose head, body, foot, or variable shots, as well as no spread.
I can set the hack so that ANY amount of damage kills a player (no matter where the bullet hits)
I can set the hack to spot all members of the enemy team every so often, for the benefit of my entire team (spothacking).
I can kill the entire other team with a touch of a button.

Wtf!? I'm no game developer but is it really that hard to prevent this sort of nonsense? Why the hell does the game client even have access to all the information and functionality that facilitates these cheats? Why did they use client-side hit detection? It seems like DICE got some very basic things wrong which is unacceptable given their multi-player pedigree.

I'm a sad puppy and I've learned my lesson. I won't be buying another BF game on faith again :(

Somebody please tell me that I'm overreacting here and reassure me that BF3 is a multiplayer paradise!

Somebody please tell me that I'm overreacting here and reassure me that BF3 is a multiplayer paradise!

In the year that I've been playing I have actually seen 10 people that I was pretty convinced of that were hacking.

So far, I've reported three or four people for hacking through battlelog. servers with Admins on them ban you for just being good, let alone being a hacker.

Yes, he can kill the entire team with the push of a button. this also means he has his ass reported and streamed to any of the many pbstreams meaning that one day of fun = no more playing ranked servers.

Maybe people have a different experience but so far hacking has been a minor nuisance, not a widespread game-destroying phenomenon.

The servers I play on are usually hacker free.
I would say every 20-50 matches there is one suspect hacker and every 50-100 matches there will be obvious one playing.
But servers to which such individuals join are quickly deserted or if there are admins they get bans.

So it's not perfect, but I would say it's a lot better in regard of hackers than Crysis 2 MP or COD MW when I played them. Team play is very important and good squad can overcome hacker with auto-aim and achieve objective. For sure with a lot less kills than noob with hacks but kills are not that important in BF3 ;).

The problem is: it is difficult to judge if someone is a hacker...or just good at BF3. I saw guys with 35:1 K/D or better. Well, either a hacker or a good sniper? Most probably a good heli pilot or tank driver. Due to the inconsistency of the net code, it is difficult to judge why you get killed by only 'one' bullet? whereas you hit him 10 times causing 15% damage. You say: WTF...but is it the bad BF3 net code? Or a hacker?

In my experience in summary, I typically don't have problems with hacker. Very very rare, but then he is called out by everyone in an instant: kicked and banned from server. But I also had one occasion where I had to leave the server (there was no kick possibility. own team started to kill him in hardcore mode. but he just punished them all. and of course laughed his ass off. I reported him hoping many others do as well...and of course that it has a consequence for him!).

Overall, I would say: no real problem. Go on and play: it is tons of fun! I recommend either close quarter combat or aftermath...really good to start!

Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

A shot... hilarious! :)

some weapons are able to one-shot or double-kill opponents with ease like the SPAS-12 (which you'll unlock relatively quickly.)

If you want to feel like cheating and you too can pick it up and be called a cheater or n00b (their preference.)

Ummmm...by any chance would anyone here have an extra premium code or code for Armoured Kill or Aftermath ?

The thing is I have BF3 premium on ps3 and had planned for Premium on PC for this xmas, but after my huge splurge oN preorders on PSN, my dearest wife won't allow anymore 'gaming' purchases at all :( ! If anyone here has got an extra BF3 dlc from Santa and would like to share maybe !

Ah ! Came back to play some BF3 on PC after months of PS3 and guess what : the same damn problem again :

"Game Disconnected !"

Hideos ! I have already done every solution out there :mad: ! Earlier too, last year, ittookme two days to get into a match but it was flawless after that, but now the same issue is back after patching the game to the latest patch.

at least you can play. for unknown reason, my origin delete my bf3 and I need to download 17GB slowly on 100KBps internet :-/

Funny thing is I have opened all ports required for both ps3 and PC(though ps3 works fine even without opening them), disabled Upnp from router as well as from services.msc, updated punkbuster too and even fucking disabled my antivirus and firewall, but no change !!!

"Game Disconnected: could not join server" my ass ! :mad:

Funny thing is I have opened all ports required for both ps3 and PC(though ps3 works fine even without opening them), disabled Upnp from router as well as from services.msc, updated punkbuster too and even fucking disabled my antivirus and firewall, but no change !!!

I got the game disconnected after an update and one of my network ports died.

In the end, it was related to my router configuration. Just don't use DHCP for your PC/consle, this saves you 90% of your troubleshooting woes

I know you said you forwarded all the ports, but put your PC in the DMZ and try it.

That moment when you know battlelog is hacked:

23mmoox.jpg

The question was if you already signed up at bf4.alpha.tk or something.
Shows you an origin login page and then dumps you back to battlelog :p

When I tried that site it looked like a 403/404 placeholder page in russian or something.

When I tried that site it looked like a 403/404 placeholder page in russian or something.

It took them some time to fix it (about an hour or so) but funny thing is they didn't warn the users about the breach or possible theft of passwords.

For me personally, it meant I couldn't play for an hour or two... :(

It took them some time to fix it (about an hour or so) but funny thing is they didn't warn the users about the breach or possible theft of passwords.

For me personally, it meant I couldn't play for an hour or two... :(
Hopefully they will do a blog on it.

Back