open the pc side-case

blow cool air using table-fan

MAo4Z.jpg

if still crashing then its not the heat

open the pc side-case

blow cool air using table-fan

MAo4Z.jpg

if still crashing then its not the heat

RSOD's are compatibility problems 9 out of 10 times. (heck, maybe even more) with hardware & software. they're caused by OSD applications, monitor drivers and even a brand new $500 motherboard with BIOS compatibility issues.

If you want to eliminate the software part, just make sure there's absolutely nothing running, especially the Samsung OSD software.

RSOD's are compatibility problems 9 out of 10 times. (heck, maybe even more) with hardware & software. they're caused by OSD applications, monitor drivers and even a brand new $500 motherboard with BIOS compatibility issues.

If you want to eliminate the software part, just make sure there's absolutely nothing running, especially the Samsung OSD software.

Ok, will check today. Does origin count as well? Is there a possibility to disable overlay like for steam?

There is one recommendation that a custom clean install of driver helps: custom, then uncheck everything except graphics driver and physx (no 3d, audio,...). Does this make sense?

Ok, will check today. Does origin count as well? Is there a possibility to disable overlay like for steam?
Settings->In Game - un-check "Enable Origin in-game"

There is one recommendation that a custom clean install of driver helps: custom, then uncheck everything except graphics driver and physx (no 3d, audio,...). Does this make sense?

Doesn't make sense, but for trouble-shooting.. it DOES make it pure.

Oh, no! Just had a grey screen of death and a weird sound, than complete reset of my PC after only 40min of BF3.

Origin overlay out did not help :(

Sad.

The only problem I had with BF3 on the 360 was DICE forcing gameplay-breaking patches on me. Other than that, it was a much more robust online experience than when I tried to play it on my PC.

not gonna try turning on table fan? :D
thanks for your suggestion. Will try it! But I did install EVGA precision x to monitor the temp...and it hovered around 70 degrees celcius right before crashing...I then uninstalled it afterwards, as I heard that such programs can cause problems as well,

I did the following: realized that only 5gigs left on my ssd system drive C:, so I free up some stuff and have now 14+, furthermore did the graphics settings from Ultra down to High settings (without msaa) but with vsync.

Had two gaming sessions the last two days and no issue...don't know what to think about it.

I play on Ultra at 1080p with my 670 man and it's good, now confirmed for 1hour+ gaming sessions.

I don't think that helps you at all :mrgreen:

So far, no issues anymore. But my playing sessions weren't that long. I also have to test with VSYNC off.
----------------------

Yesterday, we had best round ever: played with two friends together. Where in a squad together. We not only won the round, but I got MVP, my friends got MVP2 and MVP 3 and ACE SQUAD as well...what a blast we had.

At the moment I have 16 eagles total rank, approach 4 stars for all classes and have a star in over 40 different weapons. 160hours in with an average of about 580 points/minute. Saw nearly everything that the game offers. The only aspect I did not really explore that much in this game is the vehicle based combat. Maybe ground based vehicles a bit, but hardly have any points with flying stuff.

The new Xbow with scope and balanced bolt is a real sniper killer and fun weapon to use. At first I thought that those new maps offer nothing news and already screamed booooooring...but after playing them, I have to say that they have again a unique feel to them and are really well made. Even think that they are among the best maps up to now. On the map epicenter, there is nothing cooler than going through the basement fighting all the stairs up to flag A and break through the bastards and get the position back!

Even with all its many flaws (e.g. the netcode is so strange: even with a ping of 10, there is so much inherent lag and weird situations that it can get frustrating; most of the time, matches are super unbalanced: you either dramtically win a round with over 500 tickets left or brutally lose a round without a chance to get out of the base) the game is easily my most favorite MP game out there, especially when the rounds are close and the teams are roughly even.

Back