Battlefield 3 announced

UGK8A.png

It rarely pays to lose your shit. See my thread about U-haul jacking me for $50. It got a little hairy but I got my $$ back. If I'd lost it and told them to fuck themselves it probably would've gone another way.

Not justifying EA's actions here. It's pretty terrible that they refused to even look into the matter. And then locked his account. Actually I don't think that is legal.

Not sure what reasons they have for locking his account, but I'd be willing to bet they didn't look into the matter over the phone because of the guy's attitude. Contrary to belief, phone support reps don't have to put up with people yelling and screaming at them. I've worked a number of call centers over the years, and in all of them, the reps are told, if dealing with an abusive customer, to politely end the call and hang up. It's their job to help you, yes, but it's not their job to be your whipping boy.

And there's no sense whatsoever taking your anger out on a person who had absolutely nothing to do with your issue to begin with. Did this idiot really think that someone maliciously double-billed his account? It's probably just a computer glitch or a clerical error, and I imagine had he been more sociable about it, they would have been happy to clear it up.

I am here to report that there is a serious issue when trying to play the SP campaign on NVIDIA DX10 hardware. The shadows are totally screwed and make the game look horrible. Now I need to yell at somebody. Who is at fault, so I can yell at you?

Anyhow, the campaign is oddly sucky. BFBC2 was way more fun and open. I actually think BF3 might be more scripted than CoD. But visually (minus the shadow glitching) this is the best looking game ever.

There´s a single player in a battlefield game and people should care?
Yeah honestly this... it's throwaway like CoD. To graphics geeks like me (and probably a lot of this board) it's worth going through once to see the nicely staged pretties, but otherwise the game is multiplayer.

There´s a single player in a battlefield game and people should care?

They marketed and hyped the hell out of the single player so yeah we should care. Multi-player hardly made an appearance in promotional material. I just got done with a year long stint with BC2 multi so I'm giving BF3 multi a rest for about 6 mths to play other games. I was looking forward to the sp campaign though. Unfortunately it's a turd.

Yeah honestly this... it's throwaway like CoD.

There was a time when Call of Duty was praised for its incredible single player experiences, and the multiplayer component was just a bonus addition that happened to be equally as incredible as its single player counterpart.

To read your (albeit true) statement really makes me sad :cry:

BUT SIR, DESE ARE POTATOES!!

Us seasoned BF vets should know better, but lots of people don't. In fact I thought SP looked so good from the trailers that I recommended it to people who have no interest in MP. My own mistake, but it wasn't exactly clear.

FWIW I think the SP isn't so bad - just doesn't live up to my expectations. Quite buggy and occasionally unintuitive but visually and dramatically quite stunning at times. The audio is without peer. I've not completed it, but that's only because I'm playing MP whenever I have free time. It's not like I'm playing anything else either.

So, how come this thread hasn't been locked, and a new one started in its place? >_> I thought that was the modus operandi here...

Damn I love it (mp). I was a lot in Desert Combat (a bf1942 mod), not to much into BF2. I've to say I've fun playing BF3, and it's run pretty well on my old Q6600-4gb-ati 5770 in 1680*1050 with a mix of high&ultra settings.

I don't think I'll take a lot of planes and helicopters (exept if I've the same DC felling), but exept that, it's all good !

Does anyone who ordered through Origin have the manual? I only get a link to epilepsy warnings.

edit:nvm, they added it after an Origin restart.

Good sp experience

I'm in the league of "not played online yet." - strange but true. 8), but I've played and finished sp 3 times. It's my opinion that the sp of bf3 refreshes the pc community. It's a very good game and graphically is very pleasant to watch in a way that i give a degree of importance as doom (please don't kill me for saying so).
I expect newer fps have the same quality like bf3. If it's like that, I'm sold.

Every online MP game attracts the world's idiots. The fun comes from slapping C4 on those idiots and blowing them sky high.

Back