Battlefield 3 announced

I probably score about half my points with the paddles, and a few things I've noticed are:

1) The targeting necessary for a successful revive makes it a finicky and cumbersome process.

2) On this particular map people usually die because they're standing in the kill zone. On other maps hopefully it won't be so clear cut.

How can it be a balance issue if everybody throws them the same distance? Seriously if you could lob nades further this would stop being such a great shooter and start to resemble the first flag at Karkand on a 64 man server.

Loads would go support. Loads would equip frag. It would be lame! Do you really think DICE didn't test this and come to the conclusion that the short distance works? I mean, they are professional game developers with a decade or more of experience, so give them a chance to be right about it. Play some more and see how good it is not to die 50% of the time from a nade.

BTW if you want to throw it further do a running throw. The distance there is fine for me.

/now at 44 nade kills. To put that in to perspective my best weapon by far (double the rest at least) has 440 kills.

I never had an issue with "nade spam" in BF2 on Karkand or any other map. It made people stop camping and re adjust their position regularly. In BF2, if you wanted to live, you needed to always be on the move. Otherwise you were going to get naded out of your hole and then gunned down when you finally decided to come out to avoid the nades. I'm perfectly cool with that.

Anyway, I said my piece and clearly others don't agree. My preference is nades similar to Counter Strike or BF2, not these.

Yes, the pace of the game has changed to be more deliberate. A bit more sim, a bit less arcade... but not by too much. The shorter nades, the lack of dolphin diving and superman jumps, higher bullet damage. It's like the series has aged with it's clientele.

Now I'm thinking bringing back prone was not such a good decision. Lots of campers...

I thought I remembered Repi saying they removed prone from BC2 because it wasn't conducive to good gameplay. I don't know why they thought it would be different in BF3.

I think it was because PC gamers were bitching so much about it. Looks like DICE was right to me.

PC Gamers? Bitching?

Naw.

129003027959196487.jpg

After analyzing the data from our first round of closed Caspian Border tests, we have great news for participants in the Battlefield 3 PC Open Beta: the DICE team has decided to bring back Caspian Border for the beta’s final weekend and conduct an open large scale test of the 64 player Caspian Border map.
*****Please keep in mind that as this is beta we will be stress testing our servers*****
As such, users may experience crashes, network instability and outages as we roll out and configure servers and network utilities. Understand that such potential issues and the testing environment are not reflective or indicative of the final product and that, through your participation, you will be helping to ensure future stability and functionality.
As we are again specifically testing 64-player server configurations, this test will be for PC only. The Caspian Border servers will be available for all PC players to join. Caspian Border will be available starting Friday, October 7th, in the afternoon (CET).

Grenades seem fine to me, but i wish we could "cook" them.

M203 under barrel is pathetic, just earlier dropped a shot into the middle of 3 enemies very close to each other (hallway) all 3 proning, hit them in front of their faces and none died.

And i said before and i say it again, not having all the weapons avaiable at the start but instead that unlock more powerfull and efficient weapons and gadgets just because someone spent more time in the game gathering xp is absurd. Unskillfull and only benefits those who have all day to enjoy the game.

As for the flashlight... that is some spectacular time and space warp device, its like a shield where time and space go sci-fi on your ass. Even when proning and you have the advantage of the 1st few seconds of carefully aimed shots it is nearly nullified. Anything shot at aimed or not bends and phases out of existence untill your dead. I hope they tone it down allot, the effect is ridiculous.

Right now, Caspian is very unplayable. Stuttering and lag all over the place. My framerate was very stable which was nice to see though.

It seems to be a bit glitchy, but they have warned us about it. I wish there were more tanks, and WHY ARE STATIONARY AT MARKED AS TANKS ON THE MAP! Aaaaaaa

Now I'm thinking bringing back prone was not such a good decision. Lots of campers...

You'd still have campers. The only thing that would happen is that those (crouched) snipers far-far away would be collecting headshots left and right if the attacking team couldn't go prone. :p

If I get to the obj and die because there's a semi-hidden camper (prone or not) right next to the obj just inform your squad/team then flush with grenades, etc.

Oh, can't wait to test caspian border, even last night I was watching some youtube videos of it. Platoon! Form up and join the fray! :D

Crap, if they had tried BF2 _RETAIL_ they'd throw themselves off a bridge then. This is by far the best BF game I've ever played and alot more stable and with less bugs!

Because of the B2K DLC this may even be the first game EVA that I preorder. Waiting to see if the Steam rumours are true though.

Well releasing on Steam should more than make up for the preorders they've lost. But I guess EA hates money too much for that.

IDK why they would bother releasing Caspian Border like this. It's too glitchy to play.

Back