Battlefield 3 announced

Got into a game after unimaginable tries and Man this game Rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p !

My only issue is sometimes everyone is crawling around on the floor, but otherwise, stellar everything, from graphics to gameplay to the oh so amazing sound !!!!!!!!!!! Winner all the way !

I've just set up a Beyond3D platoon on PC. Come join! It's good for stat compare and gaming with buddies. Way easier than keeping track of random forum posts with user names in them.

You can be a member of multiple platoons.

Let me know if the link doesn't work.

You're in.

I've been trying for half an hour to recreate the B3D logo with the tools provided, but it's a royal pain. Just gone for a plain white B3D in a blue oval. Had to convert numbers to letters too as you don't even get those.

Still, the emblem creation is a nice feature that I didn't expect.

Well any mod/admin here or someone who worked on this marvellous game basically should be a platoon leader* IMO. So, welcome to the first of our illustrious overlords!

*I have no idea what this means in real terms, but take the glory for what it's worth

As of yet only 100 spaces in a platoon, so apply now! It's a shame really as I'm with a big international clan called The Older Gamers and we're probably going to need 3 platoons to keep all our BF3 playing members in. We've already got 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for adding me :)

Also, for those playing at 1600p, you need to go into "open screen adjust" and make changes there to get the HUD fixed. Otherwise, it'll be cut off on the screen by default.

repi,

Since people can have multi-platform ID's on Origin, it would be really cool to have one platform as your primary but your multiplayer unlocks and levels carry over to the other platforms.

PC will my primary hub but I'd like to get the game on the 360 down the road. it would be cool to not have to unlock everything all over and just carry over my current level/unlocks from the PC to 360 and vice versa.

Could I just ask for people to post here if applying and their nick is significantly different from their forum name?

Applied to B3D platoon (zunderholz)

I'll give up my spot in the platoon if it runs as terrible as I think it's going to run ;) I wish I had a capture card.

Despite the flaws at this beta stage (to be expected) this really is a model PC game that all developers should be striving towards.

Highly configurable and scaleable graphics - Check
Envelope pushing graphics not constrained by consoles (much) - Check
MSAA, Post Processing AA and AF options in game - Check
Superb multil GPU scaling - Check
Huge maps designed for PC memory and player numbers - Check

Hats off to DICE!

This, Repi this game is good.

I am often forced to restart pc and leave FF not running because it interrupts streaming.
Maybe try a different browser? :) Browsers really have no right to consume significant resources when they are in the background. As mentioned as well, you can just load Battlelog in a different browser if you want. You don't even seem to need to launch it from origin... just bookmark the page.

Also bookmarking is not an option because i would have to devote a lot of time to BMing every time i want to play BF3!
Doesn't FF have an option to bookmark all of the currently open tabs to a folder, then later you can reopen them all? i.e. save state? If not, I'm sure there's an extension.

I am not sure whats the idea behind origin if you have to have your browser opened anyway.
Like I said you don't appear to have to have origin open unless you need to update.

Its true prone camping is not that of a big problem when in more open areas because of the muzzle flashes and scope glints (which actually are great) but when you enter rooms with lots of crates and debris and all entrances are prone camped its getting really annoying.
And why shouldn't someone who's sitting there with their sights aimed at the door get the kill the majority of the time? That's hardly a problem (the opposite would be). I don't really have an issue with it in practice... just work with your squad. Sure the first 1-2 through will die but once the enemies open fire you know where they are and you can take them out pretty easily (they are static) and revive the rest.

Although I'm listed as the founder of the platoon, I don't seem to be treated as a member. :( I can't actually 'join' it to compete on the stats readout. Hope this gets fixxored.

One other minor/random thing... anyone know why the flashlights default to *on*? Especially outdoors this is really annoying since you can't really see it much, but your enemies sure can. While I like the concept of the flashlights, in practice this makes them a bit unusable. Seems like a simple change though.

The flashlight is kind of funny. It's really effective at blinding enemies in the tunnels, but it's also great for engineers because it's a good long range target to shoot your RPGs at. LOL!

Edit:
My Origin name is ObliqueShock. As soon as I get my PC together I'll apply.

Maybe try a different browser? :) Browsers really have no right to consume significant resources when they are in the background. As mentioned as well, you can just load Battlelog in a different browser if you want. You don't even seem to need to launch it from origin... just bookmark the page.

Doesn't FF have an option to bookmark all of the currently open tabs to a folder, then later you can reopen them all? i.e. save state? If not, I'm sure there's an extension.

Like I said you don't appear to have to have origin open unless you need to update.

And why shouldn't someone who's sitting there with their sights aimed at the door get the kill the majority of the time? That's hardly a problem (the opposite would be). I don't really have an issue with it in practice... just work with your squad. Sure the first 1-2 through will die but once the enemies open fire you know where they are and you can take them out pretty easily (they are static) and revive the rest.

I solved my FF problem by setting IE as default browser. This way origin launches single Ie window instead of my FF storm of tabs.
As far as the prone camping goes i agree i just need to work with squad but remember that in BF you spawn on your squad and not on spawnpoint and this creates different balance issues when people start to prone camp (while defending). Anyway my point is that prone camping slows the game a lot and can be very annoying while not contributing to gameplay.

Back