Battlefield 3 announced

Sweet! Now that it's been announced, spill the beans Repi!

No comments, for now :)

Though I do have a talk in the "Beyond Progammable Shading" course at Siggraph'09 in August about Frostbite, parallelism, GPU futures and such

I'm kinda more concerned about whether they have fixed the enemy showing as friendly & vice versa bug yet.

What I'd most like to see would be a full remake of BF1942 with maps like BoB & moving ships etc that has been much missing in the later versions.

I want a modern or futuristic setting. I'm sick of WWII games.

And I totally agree about the "enemy showing as friendly" bug. That goddamn bug caused me to kill so many teammates and also to get killed by so enemies. It still makes me kind of angry. :)

I'll be so pissed if this goes to consoles, PISSED PISSED PISSED.........way more so than when Crysis 2 went multi-platform :mad:

BF3 should be a proper PC game like BF2 was, with all the mod support we expect too. Let's aim for 128+ players too as the starting point. Also I hope DICE continues to make maps in a 16/32/64 (+128 perhaps?) fashion, but allows whoever is running a dedicated server to set their player limits, hopefully to 256! :D

Another cool idea I just thought of is a semi-mod mode where a prefabricated map can be customized to the extent of where control points are put, not on a Far Cry 2 map maker sort of level but just for the sake of some random control points to keep each game nice and fresh with new/different control point deviations. Also I'm expecting a draw distance of 5 miles too, as well as a much larger flight ceiling and hopefully more realistic flight dynamics. Next a full ballistics system needs to be in place a la ArmA.

I am hopeful this will be PC exclusive, for a few reasons:

BF:BC franchise is multiplatform (and console focused)

BF 1943 is multiplatform

A while back Repi implied that, since no one can agree on what makes BF great, there will a different BF game for everyone in the future.

Admittedly, that last one is a bit of a stretch on my part, but since there a lot of BF games coming, it seems to make sense.

Back