[360, PS3] Bayonetta

I used witch time on hit + the one that lets you parry/counter on normal and hard.

On climax, I used rosary beads which leave explosions behind when you dodge + parry one.

For weapons, the sword is a MUST you shoud have it this equipped as your primary and on your hands. The secondary can be any gun.

For secondary, use the Whip on hands and Kilgore on feet.

The whip is great against distant and flying angles. YOu can either whip them or drag them to you. Kilgore rockets will stop Gracious and Glorious dead in their tracks, along with anyone else.

Dodge offset. lets take a basic combo. P P P P K. Say you're at P P P and you're about to get hit, so you dodge. While you got away, you cancelled the combo by dodging. In dodge offset, you keep the combo going. So you do P P P<Keep it held down! and then hit dodge. Once you're done dodging release P and then finish off the combo with P K. So it's P P P(HOLD) Dodge (release P) P K. Pratice this in practice mode. It might take a while to get the muscle memory for this. BUt it's key because as you can see, you managed to dodge and still finished off the combo. Finishing off the combo is important because the combo finishers are generally what do the highest damage. You know you'll did this right because during the dodge, she'll fire off some bullets and ofcourse you'll know for sure when you're back to finishing off the combo.

*Argh*

I read that the game forces the player to dodge and use witch time effectively. Can't attack all the time.

Will have to take it slow and easy I guess.

Good tips! Thanks :] I'm so sick of seeing that New Yorker spinning and saying "oh what a day!" as the stone statues slide onto screen, so hopefully now I'll make a bit of improvement!

*Argh*

I read that the game forces the player to dodge and use witch time effectively. Can't attack all the time.

Will have to take it slow and easy I guess.

You dodge to attack. It's not a defensive game by any means. The ultimate goal here is to get platinum medals. This is done by beating the enemies fast, with big combos and not getting hit. I have no idea what game allows you to just endlessly attack...?

Good tips! Thanks :] I'm so sick of seeing that New Yorker spinning and saying "oh what a day!" as the stone statues slide onto screen, so hopefully now I'll make a bit of improvement!

dont' worry about the final chapter score. Improve in the battles first. Remember that using a continue will kill your chances at the final medal. Same with using items. 2 items used = 1 death symbol. 1 continue used = 1 death symbol. Basically, you need to complete the chapter without using items or dying. You can kinda cheap by quitting to the title screen mid verse and then do a continue game to try that verse again. This won't effect the chapter results.

You do? So if I hit start -> quit I'll be brought back to that verse? That's awesome, I assumed I'l lose progress for the whole chapter.

What is a dodge offset combo exactly?

For accessories I have the "butterfly" one, which I believe halves your damage (or doubles your life bar if you see it that way), and the "Moon" one which lets me counter. I also bought the auto-witch-time one which I thought was lessened in effectiveness due to the Moon/counter artifact. Do those two go hand-in-hand? What are your two preferred accessories?

And what weapons do you sport? In easy I basically stuck with Scarborough Fair, but now on Normal I'm using Durga on hands (electric mostly) and Ebony and Ivory on feet. I have every weapon unlocked now except for difficult-related ones.

Don't forget to equip them. I have a lot of Stone awards in normal, but still enjoying it on hard. My goal is to finish it on hard, get some of the better weapons and then go back and improve my awards on normal.

Also, awards aren't really explained well. I've finished levels quickly with no damage and using no items and still have only gotten a Gold award.

Partial weapon spoiler:

Experiment with different weapon combination. For me, Set A is the sword and the Rocket launcher and Set B is the snake whip and Ice skates.

I'm not nearly as skilled as RobertR1...yet, but this game rewards you for persistence. Alot of the weapons have effects that are not listed on the move list for. The whip, for example, if you hold down attack button allows you to pull enemies towards you for close up melee.

Constantly experiment on each enemy and you find that it does get easier....except for Grace and Glory. Those guys are @-holes!!!

Edit: Beaten by RobertR1

Only other complain for me was the poorly executed story telling, not a fan of stop motion and the plot not making a jack of sense doesn't help neither. See if the game would surprise me more when I finish it tonight.

the story improves later on as you play. i also like to say that all of the filmstrip scenes are all in realtime. that should cheer some people up.:smile2:

you know, you don't get to see Enzo very much in the game. he's just in the first hr of it, that's a good thing i think.

You dodge to attack. It's not a defensive game by any means. The ultimate goal here is to get platinum medals. This is done by beating the enemies fast, with big combos and not getting hit. I have no idea what game allows you to just endlessly attack...?

That's how I played DMC4. :oops:

the story improves later on as you play. i also like to say that all of the filmstrip scenes are all in realtime. that should cheer some people up.:smile2:

you know, you don't get to see Enzo very much in the game. he's just in the first hr of it, that's a good thing i think.

I think he meant in the Awards area when you get a stone award and not so much the story.

I think he meant in the Awards area when you get a stone award and not so much the story.

yes, i was aware of that when and before i typed what i said.:smile2:
i was just saying, it's good that he's not involving in the game as i feared he would be. (over your shoulders and stuff.)

yes, i was aware of that when and before i typed what i said.:smile2:
i was just saying, it's good that he's not involving in the game as i feared he would be. (over your shoulders and stuff.)

Oooops-sorry about that. I thought you meant something else.
I also found him kind of annoying and thought he added nothing to the game other than a vehicle to introduce the character. I guess that why the Stone award is represented by a lame character.

I'm hoping he won't be in the sequel if there is one. As I was in a party chat while both RobertR1 and I were playing Bayonetta, I was hoping that the sequel doesn't screw around with the combat too much. I'd like more weapons, torture attacks, Climax finishers--just don't screw around too much with the gameplay. Oh and get rid of some of the more mundane chase/shooting sequences. Also, some of those unlockables are insane--I would like it be more achievable by the average Joe (I don't think I can ever get pure platinum in every verse).

Just played the demo ! It is freakin awesome :) !
Didn't know it would be so damn good ! Feels much better than the DMCs, this is smooth as hell !

The only let down seems to be the gfx and the heroine's design, but the awesome move set and great enemy designs more than make up for it. I think I need to get this :) !
Good to see a no nonsense game which focusses on just being a game after a looon loong time ! Resistance 1 gives similar pleasure to me in terms of being a no nonsense gameplay centric game B) !
And the easy mode is nice when one just wants to relax :) !

Oooops-sorry about that. I thought you meant something else.
I also found him kind of annoying and thought he added nothing to the game other than a vehicle to introduce the character. I guess that why the Stone award is represented by a lame character.

sure, not a problem.
yeah, before i had picked up the game i had some doubts about it, Enzo was one of them.
the only reason why is that Enzo....really doesn't balance well as a side kick for a more up beat Diva persona bayonetta has. the other doubt was metacritic score, the only way i would lay my fingers on this title is if it had a good score and quality gameplay to boot, and it has both of those.

the last title that i bought from capcom that had similar attributes as bayonetta (but failed in quite a few aspects) was P.N.03.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoCkA_zS4nQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJIXk_sHR5M&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUDyefjdwHo&feature=related

after picking up that title i said to myself if i ever was to pick a game like it i should read up on the reviews first. the game was decent, it had many interesting concepts, but, it didn't have a solid upgrade system for your abilities, competitive gameplay mechanics, or a lengthy campaign as what bayonetta has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back