[360, PS3] Bayonetta

Replaying on normal as well to find more Alfheims and LPs--Hard mode will be next. This game sits very near the highest mark for me for action games. My only complaint would be the camera occasionally gets in the way and slight screen tearing.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed the story and appreciated how the cutscenes were implemented. It appears to be using in-engine assets to.

Use a guide. Some of the alheim's a downright silly. Like destory a trash can or backtrack to beginning of the level. Just use a guide for that stuff.

You get a LP for beating the game on Hard and Climax so you'll be missing those until you do.

Equip the accessory that makes you parry and counter. You'll need that on hard due to gracious and glorious being immune to witch time and attacking with major combo's.

Yeah I enjoyed all the cutscenes that had over the top action. The story is certainly better than NG games! but it's cool that it never takes itself too seriously.

Done with Climax now :)

that video was odd. you know i get the idea of a lot of artists going out in to the exotic worlds to make their own characters. a lot of these female designs do indeed look interesting in a unique kinda way.

but then comes the concept where people come up with this idea of "needing" to get actual people to ware these costumes. in bayonetta's circumstance of character design, seeing a real person dressed up like that is nothing really unique, since those kinda people do exist.:rolleyes:

so rather than looking like the character they wanna portray they instead look like a bunch of people who pertain to a "certain" type of category.:-|

NG2's difficulty is done by making the game cheap. In beyonetta you die because you didn't use the right strategy.

:LOL:

that, now that has to be something i can relate with.:smile2:
in Ninja Gaiden you collect a lot of weapons and can only used one at a time while fighting. to me it was a little nerve racking in NGB because you have to cycle through to get a weapon that works right in your favor....while enemies are literally taking cheep shots at you.

In NG2 they have a pause screen that made equipping a lot more easier, but sometimes you would find your self in and out of the menu screen quite a few times in each battle.

In bayonetta it's actually done perfect and simple, you select your two top most used weapons and have your secondary weapons arranged as well to cycle though, you can deal out some serious damage with that in a short amount of time. the time of cycling through weapons are cut by 60%. and it gives you more time to think out your moves and strategies.

I've been addicted to this game. Honestly, I think it's even better than DMC3, which has been my all time favorite in the genre..

yeah, it is.

i know how some people are just reading a lot of these comments as just over hyping, it's cause they're spending too much time looking at the main character or the graphics. trying out the game is what most should be doing instead. they don't say never judge a book by it's cover for no reason.:smile2:

Hard is kicking my butt!!! I actually had to equip the bracelet that activates witch time when you get hit---and I'm still getting my butt kicked. I'm only on the second verse of chapter 1.

I'll try again on Friday as game time is extremely limited during the week right now.

1000/1000 done. The only game that can possibly top bayonetta as the best action game ever is a sequel by the same team.

Now I'm onto the real part of the game. Lost chapters and hidden boss.

I'm on chapter X now and so far it's been a good experience except for the boring motor bike chase, "by far the worst part of the game yet". The creativity in enemy design is what got me hooked the most, I really wonder what drives Kamiya to come up with all these. Only other complain for me was the poorly executed story telling, not a fan of stop motion and the plot not making a jack of sense doesn't help neither. See if the game would surprise me more when I finish it tonight.

Difficult at first, but you really start to utilize all the combos, dodges, witch times, etc and the game becomes much easier. I'm playing on hard now and went back and played normal and was surprised to see how much less difficult it was.

After hard, I'm going to try infinite climax. RobertR1 has finished it on all the difficulties and is now on the Lost Chapters.

I find it quite challenging even on Normal, more difficult than DMC4 that's for sure, although if I stash up the green potions then it's breathier. Sometimes I wish I have those sharingans of Sasuke's.

It's less punishing than DMC3 by far, but still a challenge. It took me 3 hours to finish one of the Alfheims on hard (torture attacks). I think I'll finish those on normal!

At first I thought the storytelling was a little off, but now I find that's just part of the game's charm. Robert's right, when does Bayonetta 2 come out?! I need it!

I've finished it on easy (dumbed down from normal after chapter 4) and now I'm going back on Normal. I don't know what it is, but I must really suck at this game. I'm getting "Stone" on every chapter, and in general dying a couple of times each chapter, too.

Is this normal? Were you guys who are now going for "infinite climax" getting golds/plats on your first normal run?

Oh, and I really wish you could save (and resume) mid-chapter. Sometimes you just can't keep playing, and I hate "wasting" my time on lost progress.

I've finished it on easy (dumbed down from normal after chapter 4) and now I'm going back on Normal. I don't know what it is, but I must really suck at this game. I'm getting "Stone" on every chapter, and in general dying a couple of times each chapter, too.

Is this normal? Were you guys who are now going for "infinite climax" getting golds/plats on your first normal run?

Oh, and I really wish you could save (and resume) mid-chapter. Sometimes you just can't keep playing, and I hate "wasting" my time on lost progress.

Not at all. I gone a lot of stones on normal on my first playthrough and still went up and beat Climax. The key is to slow the game down. Learn to spam the right trigger for witch time for now. That way you get used to dodging and getting into witch time. Remember you can dodge 4 times in a row without attacking before you fall down. However if you just throw out one punch or kick before the 4th dodge, the counter resets.

The game will teach you along the way. Hit the back/select during loading screen and get some combos down. This way you're not mashing buttons and actually knowing what move comes next. Also, remember everything can be cancelled at any time! so if you're in the a big combo and you're about to get it, just hit dodge. You don't have to trade blow for blow, ever.

Have you been unlocking moves? Get pather form, crow form, the bat within atleast. As for accessories get the one that puts you in witch time automatically when you get hit. it'll help.

btw the reason I'm putting emphasis on dodge so much is that you'll need to be great at it for Climax since you have no witch time. You'll also need to learn dodge offset combos to be effective but just work on the basics of dodge and witch time for now.

I thought the saves were reasonable so that if you quit you start off at the currrent verse of that chapter.

Not at all. I gone a lot of stones on normal on my first playthrough and still went up and beat Climax. The key is to slow the game down. Learn to spam the right trigger for witch time for now. That way you get used to dodging and getting into witch time. Remember you can dodge 4 times in a row without attacking before you fall down. However if you just throw out one punch or kick before the 4th dodge, the counter resets.

The game will teach you along the way. Hit the back/select during loading screen and get some combos down. This way you're not mashing buttons and actually knowing what move comes next. Also, remember everything can be cancelled at any time! so if you're in the a big combo and you're about to get it, just hit dodge. You don't have to trade blow for blow, ever.

Have you been unlocking moves? Get pather form, crow form, the bat within atleast. As for accessories get the one that puts you in witch time automatically when you get hit. it'll help.

btw the reason I'm putting emphasis on dodge so much is that you'll need to be great at it for Climax since you have no witch time. You'll also need to learn dodge offset combos to be effective but just work on the basics of dodge and witch time for now.

I thought the saves were reasonable so that if you quit you start off at the currrent verse of that chapter.

You do? So if I hit start -> quit I'll be brought back to that verse? That's awesome, I assumed I'l lose progress for the whole chapter.

What is a dodge offset combo exactly?

For accessories I have the "butterfly" one, which I believe halves your damage (or doubles your life bar if you see it that way), and the "Moon" one which lets me counter. I also bought the auto-witch-time one which I thought was lessened in effectiveness due to the Moon/counter artifact. Do those two go hand-in-hand? What are your two preferred accessories?

And what weapons do you sport? In easy I basically stuck with Scarborough Fair, but now on Normal I'm using Durga on hands (electric mostly) and Ebony and Ivory on feet. I have every weapon unlocked now except for difficult-related ones.

Back