[360, PS3] Bayonetta

Haven't play 360 version of Bayonetta so far, but PS3 one is working just fine... Other thing is that it's not very impressive visually

Finished the import a while ago. It's a bit harder than 4 but not as hard as dmc3. Other than some enemies that might give you problems on the first few encounters, and a little trial and error over platforming/bosses, it feels like it was designed to be really forgiving on your first run on normal difficulty, while it makes the game a bit boring at times, it works well and made the second and third playthroughs so much more rewarding and fun.

I think the game was really designed to be more accessible to players, I had no problems with it and I'm usually one of those people who hates dial a combo, which is done really well in this game because you could hold combos and dodge whenever you want and encourages you to try different combos. There were also enough weapons for you to choose from if you dislike button mashing, I use the slower high damage weapons (chargeable), and it was pretty enjoyable without having to do long strings of combos, there's also different accessories to change your playstyle, it's one of the better games this generation and really fun to play.

There are some minigames and design choices regarding boss/platformings I disliked, but that's pretty much it.

The graphics is a bit strange, I get the blur filter during some verses of the game which weren't cutscenes, but it was only during those verses, when I backtrack all the way back to those same areas in later verses, they were gone... at first I thought they were upscaled for better performances because you get it during one particular boss fight, but it wasn't there during the some enemies encounter, feels like a bug or a random filter that's in there for no reason.

Finished the import a while ago. It's a bit harder than 4 but not as hard as dmc3. Other than some enemies that might give you problems on the first few encounters, and a little trial and error over platforming/bosses, it feels like it was designed to be really forgiving on your first run on normal difficulty, while it makes the game a bit boring at times, it works well and made the second and third playthroughs so much more rewarding and fun.

I think the game was really designed to be more accessible to players, I had no problems with it and I'm usually one of those people who hates dial a combo, which is done really well in this game because you could hold combos and dodge whenever you want and encourages you to try different combos. There were also enough weapons for you to choose from if you dislike button mashing, I use the slower high damage weapons (chargeable), and it was pretty enjoyable without having to do long strings of combos, there's also different accessories to change your playstyle, it's one of the better games this generation and really fun to play.

There are some minigames and design choices regarding boss/platformings I disliked, but that's pretty much it.

The graphics is a bit strange, I get the blur filter during some verses of the game which weren't cutscenes, but it was only during those verses, when I backtrack all the way back to those same areas in later verses, they were gone... at first I thought they were upscaled for better performances because you get it during one particular boss fight, but it wasn't there during the some enemies encounter, feels like a bug or a random filter that's in there for no reason.

Which system did you play it on?

I downloaded and played the demo for the 360 version. I came away slightly disappointed--seemed very hectic with the camera getting in the way at times. I probably will still get it on the domestic releases along with GOW3 and possibly Darksiders and Dante's Inferno.

Which system did you play it on?

I downloaded and played the demo for the 360 version. I came away slightly disappointed--seemed very hectic with the camera getting in the way at times.

PS3, yea the camera could get in your way at times, but you just need to pay attention to sound cues and dodging a lot, then it's not really a problem, you could reset it and move it, it's not really that bad once you get the hang of it, it might look chaotic at first but it gets easier, it's pretty glorious once you learn to dodge well, and you have witch time to help most of the time (other than infinite climax mode).

Very very good game. For me, probably the best this year.

Excelent and very rewarding gameplay with many options and skill sets, great graphics @ mostly 60 fps, very well coregraphed cutscenes (and very funny), overall an excelent game and one of the best in the genre.

Played it twice already, now going through it on hard and doing fairly well so far ;).

Nice score, tt's a shame that the technical issues may have ruined the PS3's version, might have to force myself to get the 360's copy at the risk of giving my thumbs blisters.

Nice score, tt's a shame that the technical issues may have ruined the PS3's version, might have to force myself to get the 360's copy at the risk of giving my thumbs blisters.

The awful screen tearing keeps me away from buying the PS3 version… I may have to buy the 360 version as well.

Yep.
Playing the demo of Dante's Inferno made me realize how effortlessly Bayonetta makes it look like a B-game- clunky, clueless, and relatively ugly. :LOL:

Yep.
Playing the demo of Dante's Inferno made me realize how effortlessly Bayonetta makes it look like a B-game- clunky, clueless, and relatively ugly. :LOL:

DI trumps Bayonetta in frame rate consistency and by a good margin. Never dips below 60Hz while Bayonetta (360) hovers around 47Hz.

Certainly not an ugly game either but relatively simple combat wise. What's a clueless game though? :p

You should be able to find some stores with broken street dates. Some people on my friends' list are playing it already.

Looking at comparison videos I'm amazed that neither SEGA nor Sony objected to releasing the game for the PS3 in its current state. Sad thing too since it looks bloody awesome. And I'm getting a PS3. Unfair. :(

Eurogamers Digital Foundry did a write up with some comparison videos to go along with it here.

30vnazq.jpg

Just picked up my copy and can't wait to play it
The above is a random pic to celebrate the occasion.

I picked up the 360 version yesterday (guam is a day ahead), but I won't really get to play it until the weekend. I've read a lot of positive reviews on Neogaf and I'm excited to play it---must resist.

Interesting: my buddy bought the game. He bought the PS3 version, although I constantly advised him to buy the Xbox360 version...and he is completely blown away by the graphics and even states that it is the best looking game around.

So I've been playing the 360 version today and up to chapter 2, the gameplay is pretty fun and creative in the art design. The visual did impressive me at times mainly due to its absurd creativity and relentless actions, though like the DMC series the lighting is still lacking. Gonna have to spend more time with it now and maybe I'll be impressed more.

Creative art design? You could say that too, I guess, but my version would be an offensive against good taste...

It is certainly not going to be a game for everyone just like Ninja Gaiden isn't but for a different reason. The gameplay is awesome and gets better when you buy new techniques but the presentation of the story may turn some people off even if you don't care about that sort of thing.

Creative art design? You could say that too, I guess, but my version would be an offensive against good taste...
Hideki Kamiya's ideas are slightly perverted but the way he handles them are pure fun and hilarious in terms of gameplay. I'm up to Chapter III now and things are really heating up.

Back