Silly Season 09 - (Football transfers)

I think that one thing we can all agree on is that all these namby-pamby footballers who cite the weather as a reason not to move the the Premiership are complete ponces! It's not as if the UK is located in the Arctic Circle, is it?

For £5M a year I'd play football in the seventh circle of hell if I had to.

Other top excuses (usually for seeking a transfer away from the club):
Their wives are "homesick".
They don't like the food.

what, with Greggs what else do you need :D

I live in York - we eschew Greggs and go to Thomas the Baker instead.

I can understand say, a Polish builder coming over here and not liking the food. Fair enough. A multi-millionaire footballer though? He can eat whatever and wherever he wants. He could afford to hire his own personal chef to cater for his needs.

Whinging barstewards.

as a Madrid fan what would be ur starting 11 for next season, i have this but I have my doubt about the famous no.7 that is Mr Madrid (Raul)

----------Casillas----------

Ramos - Pepe - Albiol - Marcelo

----------Lassana-----------

Kaka-----Sneijder-----Ronaldo

-----Higuain-----Benzema-----

I think they want these players:

Xabi Alonso
Arbeloa
Marcano ( left deffender from Racing de Santander )
Silva

and if the Bayern munchen´s president doesn´t force Ribery to go on with them he will go also to RM. If not he will go next year cheaper as he only would have a year of contract left.

I think they want these players:

Xabi Alonso
Arbeloa
Marcano ( left deffender from Racing de Santander )
Silva

and if the Bayern munchen´s president doesn´t force Ribery to go on with them he will go also to RM. If not he will go next year cheaper as he only would have a year of contract left.

if those players are secured then Madrid will def have some team but the problem is can these players Gel or will the Flop. Also from a Barca perspective there is these additions confirmed and the possibility of joining.

Javier Mascherano
Luis Filipe
David Villa
Keirrison

Ronaldo is every bit as popular as Beckham.

He overtook Becks 2 or 3 seasons ago in popularity in the Asian market.

Not only is he a pretty boy like Beckham, he's also one of the best players ever, guaranteed win as far as Perez and Real Madrid are concerned.

Ronaldo is every bit as popular as Beckham.

He overtook Becks 2 or 3 seasons ago in popularity in the Asian market.

Not only is he a pretty boy like Beckham, he's also one of the best players ever, guaranteed win as far as Perez and Real Madrid are concerned.

I'd be surprised if he was a popular as Beckham in Asia but then perhaps they like people without chins over there? Dunno.

I can't wait for the movie: "Pointless Stepover it like CR9". :p

Don't forget, he's also apparently made of mahogany if recent photographs are anything to go by, so environmentalists like him too. :cool:

Wasn't Zidane bought for €76M? Far more expensive than the bargain (in marketing terms) €35M they spent on Beckham. Or do you mean cheapest, once all marketing considerations are accounted for?

Cheapest once all marketing, sponsorship income and shirt sales are factored in. Aspescially when you recieve 50% of all personal deals as well.

The semi expensive relatively unknown players often tend to be most expensive

As for these RM formations, I'd go for a similar formation as Liverpool tend to play. Go for 4-2-3-1, play Kaka in the Gerrard position, Ronaldo and Silva/Robben out wide. Then concentrate on getting those two central midfield positions right. That defense will need all the help it can get.

lass has been excelent, hope we get Alonso from pool :)

Sorry for double, iPhone

Cheapest once all marketing, sponsorship income and shirt sales are factored in. Aspescially when you recieve 50% of all personal deals as well.

The semi expensive relatively unknown players often tend to be most expensive

Fair enough, I thought that's what you might have meant.

And let's hope you don't get Alonso from Liverpool. Or at least, if you do you pay over the odds. To be honest, I think even RM may start to run out of money soon...

Owen signing to Man utd pending medical????

Wtf. has to be wrong. What the hell are they supposed to do with owen

This one looks like a goer. All over the British media.

A fantastic goalscorer at his peak, but he's probably broken now. I guess Man Utd have simply decided that they have the strength in depth to gamble on a player who will probably (but not definitely) fail to make an impact.

I think we're talking 1 year deal, not huge wages; Owen making a final attempt to make the World Cup squad. Oh, and failure.

Looking at the stats, up to the end of January last season (when Owen picked up his groin injury from which he never really recovered properly), he'd scored 10 goals from 18 starts and 4 sub appearances. A good record, especially when you bear in mind that this was playing for a rubbish team too.

Owen is a goalscorer through and through and, assuming he's not too expensive and can remain relatively injury-free would be a great asset to practically any Premiership team.

Signing for Manyoo might actually be good for him as he wouldn't be expected to play week-in, week-out which you would imagine might help his injury problems.

If he goes there (or another top 8 club) and remains relatively injury-free, I could see him scoring 15+ goals - a total which is not to be sniffed at for any striker.

It will be interesting to see what does happen - I can see him surprising many people next season.

Owen signing to Man utd pending medical????

Wtf. has to be wrong. What the hell are they supposed to do with owen

I am in the thinking this could be a good buy for Man Utd, we all know that Fergie is a great manager and for me is the right person to get the best out of Owen even if he only last's a couple more season. Good buy if you ask me :D

Was reading last night that the deal that Barca will sign David Villa is slowly slipping away and now Barca will focus on bringing Diego Forlan to the Nou Camp. :cry:

Today´s rumours:

- Xabi Alonso and Arbeloa from Liverpool
-Goel Clichy from Arsenal ( Marcano signed yesterday with Villarreal ). At last a good left back!
-Ribery is pressing a lot to Bayern and maybe he comes this year.

Back