Silly Season 09 - (Football transfers)

Is laporta smoking alot of good weed lately?

He just said that RM has to sell 6.7 mill shirts to pay for kaka. Which seems absurd.

A official kit costs close to € 90. Polyester or whatever, are cheap fabrics, cannot cost a lot to make. Even if we are pessimistic, material and production costs should be no more than €30 to make and ship to warehouse. Even after the shops and adidas takes their % cuts, Madrid should make atleast €40 or so a pop for a kit.

Kaka's wages are around 9 mill euro? (guesstimate), thats about 3 million sold kits to pay for kaka's transfer and wages for his entire contract.

If Kaka has a good career at RM, 3 million sold t shirts should be possible. 2007 ballon D'or, after all. (i have no idea how many shirts RM sells per year, but i know that their revenue was higher than Man Utd last year, even when Man Utd took CL and PL home. They also have the highest tv-rights income in the world, so im guessing they have a large enough fanbase to sell quite alot of RM shirts, aspecially with all the footballing celebirty that perez likes to buy. (its like seeing a 10 year old play FM with cheats). :(

I remember perez saying when asked about the price for Zidane, that within months the zidane kit sales alone would cover it. Im guessing that Perez knows better than laporta about how much the profits are from shirts, considering that Perez is a self made multi-billionare business tycon and laporta is some averagely rich lawyer.

Since Laporta is paying similar wages to Messi, lets just include the transfer.

65 mill euro for the player.

90*6,7m= 603 million revenue.
Madrid would have to earn as little as 10,8% for each sold shirt, or close to €10. This doesn't make sense, what are the other €80 going to? Sounds implausible.

Last edited by a moderator:

sure you already know on and off the pitch the rivalry between these 2 clubs is serious, I wonder if they holiday together - bet you laporta and perez holiday in the south of France every year, just the 2 of them :LOL:

Agree on ur comments regarding the Villa situation but as you know Eto'o, Toure and Keita will all be of to ACN so it will be interesting to see what Barca's next step is to counter these gaps. On another another note I can see Hleb and Gudjohnsen heading back to the Prem League.

Is laporta smoking alot of good weed lately?

He just said that RM has to sell 6.7 mill shirts to pay for kaka. Which seems absurd.

A official kit costs close to € 90. Polyester or whatever, are cheap fabrics, cannot cost a lot to make. Even if we are pessimistic, material and production costs should be no more than €30 to make and ship to warehouse. Even after the shops and adidas takes their % cuts, Madrid should make atleast €40 or so a pop for a kit.

€90 for a shirt? Have they got gold thread running through them? Even adding all extras I could only get a UK shirt up to about €65.

I always find these "we have to sell X shirts to fund hte transfer" statements amusing. It seems to ignore the fact that a sizeable number of (shirt-buying) RM fans will simply buy a new shirt each season with whatever name happens to be in vogue on the back of it. No ones (well almost no one) is going to go and buy a Kaka shirt AND a Ronaldo shirt AND a Benzema shirt AND a Ribery shirt etc etc. Of course half the shirts sold worldwide are probably fake as well.

I read somewhere that Perez has a plan to turn RM (during pre-season) into a harlem globe-trotters - charging upwards of €20M for a friendly - no doubt ignoring fixtures that would be beneficial to the team but playing the likes of a Abu Dhabi World XI instead.

€90 for a shirt? Have they got gold thread running through them? Even adding all extras I could only get a UK shirt up to about €65.

I always find these "we have to sell X shirts to fund hte transfer" statements amusing. It seems to ignore the fact that a sizeable number of (shirt-buying) RM fans will simply buy a new shirt each season with whatever name happens to be in vogue on the back of it. No ones (well almost no one) is going to go and buy a Kaka shirt AND a Ronaldo shirt AND a Benzema shirt AND a Ribery shirt etc etc. Of course half the shirts sold worldwide are probably fake as well.

I read somewhere that Perez has a plan to turn RM (during pre-season) into a harlem globe-trotters - charging upwards of €20M for a friendly - no doubt ignoring fixtures that would be beneficial to the team but playing the likes of a Abu Dhabi World XI instead.

Man Utd fans will :LOL:

Personally, I reckon that Perez has lost his marbles with all this enormous expenditure.

I know they made a lot of money from marketing Beckham and helped to raise RM's profile across the world doing so. However, Beckham was pretty much uniquely famous around the world, especially in Asia (thanks in part to all the Manchester United fans out there), so this was a special case. Perez would obviously seem to think that he'll get similar levels of publicity with all these new signings.

Just how many more shirts does he seriously think they will sell by buying one high-profile footballer after the next? It just doesn't seem to add up to me.

Are you from Spain my friend, if so can you update us on what the Spanish press are saying with regards to David Villa going to Barca. Also with regards ur post above, where do you think they would play Silva ??

silva has been in madrid atleast once with his agent, not that this means anything until valencia agrees to sell.

Silva can be very good at the left wing, aspecially when your other L\R winger is made of glass ;)

Id take him over Ribery. Spanish and hes a better passer of the ball

silva has been in madrid atleast once with his agent, not that this means anything until valencia agrees to sell.

Silva can be very good at the left wing, aspecially when your other L\R winger is made of glass ;)

as a Madrid fan what would be ur starting 11 for next season, i have this but I have my doubt about the famous no.7 that is Mr Madrid (Raul)

----------Casillas----------

Ramos - Pepe - Albiol - Marcelo

----------Lassana-----------

Kaka-----Sneijder-----Ronaldo

-----Higuain-----Benzema-----

I know they made a lot of money from marketing Beckham and helped to raise RM's profile across the world doing so. However, Beckham was pretty much uniquely famous around the world, especially in Asia (thanks in part to all the Manchester United fans out there), so this was a special case. Perez would obviously seem to think that he'll get similar levels of publicity with all these new signings.

Beckham was a licence to print money, while the new signings arent close his statue of celebirty, im sure that the 40-50% income RM takes from all the players sponsorship deals etc can amount to quite a lot.

Is Zidane a bigger than CR9 or Kaka are at the time they signed? Zidane was one of the cheapest signings for perez after becks. Im sure if Kaka and CR plays well in the capital, they will generate a lot of revenue.

Perez did the same thing last era (where RM reportedly got paid 30 mill euros for paying 2 matches in japan), so not unlikely :(

as a Madrid fan what would be ur starting 11 for next season, i have this but I have my doubt about the famous no.7 that is Mr Madrid (Raul)

----------Lassana-----------

Kaka-----Sneijder-----Ronaldo

-----Higuain-----Benzema-----

Note: The amount of ---- does not indicate anything in my line up, if its uneven or skewed, its just me not paying attention.

Offensive line up:

----------Lass-----------

Ronaldo-----Kaka-----Robben

-----Higuain-----Benzema/RvN---

Defensive line up:
--------Casillas -------------
Ramos - Pepe- Albiol - Marcelo\Torres
-----Lass----Diarra\Gago--
Kaka-----------------------Ronaldo
--Higuain--Benzema/RvN---

This can also work:
--------Casillas -------------
Ramos - Pepe- Albiol - Marcelo\Torres
-------Lass---Diarra\Gago--
CR-----------Kaka-----------Robben
----Higuain\RvN\Benz--------
Or :
-------Lass---Diarra\Gago--
Kaka-------Sneijder---------CR
-------Higuain\RvN\Benz----
A world class left back, and someone like Xabi alonso would make this team capable of a lot me thinks.

I wonder if RM will keep Negredo or not. Im all for selling huntelaar and keeping Negredo (he is spanish, did 19 league goals or so last season, for Almeria! At 23 years old), however, im certain this could quickly be a very bad career choice for Negredo.

Higuain is the best striker in the squad, better than Benzema, Negredo is worse than both of these i reckon, RvN, i dunno how he has recovered, if he is in good shape, he is still one of the best strikers in the world. He practically won the league by himself in 06\07 season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Higuain is the best striker in the squad, better than Benzema, Negredo is worse than both of these i reckon, RvN, i dunno how he has recovered, if he is in good shape, he is still one of the best strikers in the world. He practically won the league by himself in 06\07 season.

cant see them going to defensive, only if they play the mighty Barca :LOL:. As for RvN, agree that he is a quality player but i am afraid that he may not bounce back to his best after this latest injury but that cant dispute the fact the man is sheer qualilty.

What about Mr Madrid, where do you think he will feature and what Dutch players do you see staying and going.

edit: just seen ur other line ups and must say whatever way they decide to go that is some attack force. :cry:

Tbh, i hope Raul only will feature from the bench, or after proven form. To many times has he been played when he was playing terribly match after match.

Sold: VdV, Huntelaar, Javi Garcia, Sneijder if they can get enough, Heinze,Guti,

Loan out: Drenthe (to fiorentina, either loan or they will buy him going by reports).

Sorry, but I had to have a little chuckle when I saw "CR9"!

I laughed at his CR7 fashion stuff and I've heard he's trademarked CR9 too - what a prick! :LOL:

Tbh, i hope Raul only will feature from the bench, or after proven form. To many times has he been played when he was playing terribly match after match.

Sold: VdV, Huntelaar, Javi Garcia, Sneijder if they can get enough, Heinze,Guti,

Loan out: Drenthe (to fiorentina, either loan or they will buy him going by reports).

Agree but he is Mr Madrid so we will have to wait and see. No matter what happens at Madrid or what still has to happen they are def getting sorted and hopefully will be back to the status they derserve by which I mean, winning leagues and doing well in Europe.:yes:

So any news coming from Italy or England, regards transfers. Heard that Deco is going to Inter and that Adebayor is of to AC.

Sorry, but I had to have a little chuckle when I saw "CR9"!

I laughed at his CR7 fashion stuff and I've heard he's trademarked CR9 too - what a prick! :LOL:

agree off the pitch the guy is a prick, I mean who wears jean shorts and trademarks his name with a number :LOL: but he is a quality player.

Is Zidane a bigger than CR9 or Kaka are at the time they signed? Zidane was one of the cheapest signings for perez after becks. Im sure if Kaka and CR plays well in the capital, they will generate a lot of revenue.
(

Wasn't Zidane bought for €76M? Far more expensive than the bargain (in marketing terms) €35M they spent on Beckham. Or do you mean cheapest, once all marketing considerations are accounted for?

As for these RM formations, I'd go for a similar formation as Liverpool tend to play. Go for 4-2-3-1, play Kaka in the Gerrard position, Ronaldo and Silva/Robben out wide. Then concentrate on getting those two central midfield positions right. That defense will need all the help it can get.

So any news coming from Italy or England, regards transfers. Heard that Deco is going to Inter and that Adebayor is of to AC.

Not a lot it seems (in the UK). Every player linked to Man Utd seems to be either bought my RM, or declares they want to go to RM. Arsenal bought a Belgium defender for £10M a few weeks ago. Chelsea have been linked with everyone, but bought no-one. All very quiet, but then there's a loooong time to go.

I think that one thing we can all agree on is that all these namby-pamby footballers who cite the weather as a reason not to move the the Premiership are complete ponces! It's not as if the UK is located in the Arctic Circle, is it?

I think that one thing we can all agree on is that all these namby-pamby footballers who cite the weather as a reason not to move the the Premiership are complete ponces! It's not as if the UK is located in the Arctic Circle, is it?

true and with the recent weather the UK its like being in Spain anyway. :D

oh keep me up to date on any transfers with the Prem League.

Back