Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - looks astounding!!!

Is this confirmed? Or is the actual game split into two disks while the PS3 version is on one Blu ray because of adequate space?

Yep it's confirmed.
But you can install one disc and play the whole game from the hdd.
So it like in forza 3 where the second disc was like dlc.
So no disc switching needed for the lazy folks.:rolleyes:

Both the GT and the Gamespot review were decidedly less favorable. (especially since GT usually rates everything that isn't downright broken a 9+)

Ah what the hell. I'm still buyin' day1. Nothing else interesting for me for the rest of 2010 anyway.

Dont know hopefully we get a face off article this week from digital foundry or lens of truth. Would be nice to have had a demo on the 360 but im afraid it will come post release next week. Shame i cant get it day one no money poor student so i probably going to maybe rent it somewhere and buy it when dlc comes out and the game dropped to around 40 euro.

Dont know hopefully we get a face off article this week from digital foundry or lens of truth. Would be nice to have had a demo on the 360 but im afraid it will come post release next week. Shame i cant get it day one no money poor student so i probably going to maybe rent it somewhere and buy it when dlc comes out and the game dropped to around 40 euro.
Hopefully they don't do any face-off with the review code, it's been mentioned on a few sites that the review copies has few frame-rate issues while the retail copies don't have that issue.

Game is awesome, graphics are awesome, design is awesome, but camera need some work to be playable not only when enemies are in front of camera and framerate is a joke ;\, but still controls are way more responsive than in GoW 3 [which i find hilarious].

This game really needs more control over camera and framerate optimization to be ultra epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjxmMEDuBZQ

And on my console it seem to be even slightly worse. Those drops to 20 fps making fast action game unplayable or just extremely annoying [in cutscenes]. I think GoW 3 got it right with aiming for 40+ fps and heavy motion blur, because game really felt fluent.

I'm quite framerate drops sensitive, i couldnt for example complete GTA IV on PS3 because of drops and thats also reason why i still havent played RDR ;\

Placebo then after seeing the analysis? :p

But yeah, the drops are noticeable though I didn't find them to be affecting the control responsiveness much, perhaps because of the nature of the combat itself. Otherwise.... hot mother ******* damn, this is one gorgeous game. Reviews have been good so far too at an average of 85% at Metacritic.

Placebo then after seeing the analysis?
Not even remotely ;] I havent seen analysis before playing this demo, i've only saw some e3 or before e3 gameplay video where i also notice poor framerate, but playing and watching is two different things ;]

BTW yeah You're right about responsiveness, even when framerate drops they're more sensitive that those in GOW 3 for me, especially jump and dodging.

Game is awesome, graphics are awesome, design is awesome, but camera need some work to be playable not only when enemies are in front of camera and framerate is a joke ;\, but still controls are way more responsive than in GoW 3 [which i find hilarious].

This game really needs more control over camera and framerate optimization to be ultra epic.

Yeah, the camera does get in the way of things. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't spawning enemies from behind the camera.

I do like the idea of a camera you can't control though, because it's one less thing for the player to worry about. And it frees up the right analog stick for dodge moves. The camera in GoW 3 is awesome. It rarely hides important things from your view, and moves around dynamically to give you the best possible angle on the action. Games like this Castlevania game already borrow heavily from GoW, I wouldn't mind if they tried to copy it's camera as well.

Back