Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - looks astounding!!!

Saw it today at e3, it was best graphics of the show to me. Gorgeous game!

Yeah, kinda giving me the Uncharted 2 feel of high tech combined with superior artistic touch. Although that priest lady's outfit is over the top...

The vids I've seen were not blowing me away, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong vid.

Didn't this used to be just some generic game, then it became Castlevania like midway through development? A bit odd.

Hmmm, it's got big name devs attached, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't Castlevania from the start. But you never know!

The vids I saw were really low quality. The graphics looked nice, from what I could see. My only real issue was it looks almost exactly like God of War in terms of play. Like, the weapon is the same and everything.

I'm not sure what weapons are used in GoW but Castlevania has always been based on ball and chain, throwing cross, holy water and daggers.

I worked with the MS guys on Jericho. These are really dedicated guys, and the fact Kojima is involved speaks volumes. I'll have a word with them, ask which platform is lead, maybe can get a few more titbits. Anyone got any questions they'd like answered?

Hmmm, it's got big name devs attached, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't Castlevania from the start. But you never know!

The vids I saw were really low quality. The graphics looked nice, from what I could see. My only real issue was it looks almost exactly like God of War in terms of play. Like, the weapon is the same and everything.

I'm pretty sure it started as just "Lords of Shadow" or something, and Castlevania IP was added later. Surely somebody besides me remembers!

I'm not sure what weapons are used in GoW but Castlevania has always been based on ball and chain, throwing cross, holy water and daggers.

Yeah, I mean, you could say Castlevania had the chain weapon first, which is true, but this game is pretty much a God of War clone, and having the chain weapon makes it nearly identical. Even the way he floats in the air as he swings his chain is similar. If you watch gameplay vids of each, back to back, you'll see how similar they are.

Yeah, I mean, you could say Castlevania had the chain weapon first, which is true, but this game is pretty much a God of War clone, and having the chain weapon makes it nearly identical. Even the way he floats in the air as he swings his chain is similar. If you watch gameplay vids of each, back to back, you'll see how similar they are.

What gameplay vids?
Either way, I will likely pick it up. I've heard/read somewhere that there will be no QTEs--If so, good news for me. I'm wondering how they will take down those massive bosses.

I actually really like the atmosphere. The character is cool too, but they made him a giant. I was hoping it would be more like Ninja Gaiden than God of War, with more tactical style fighting. Still, it might be a really solid game if they have really good bosses and a nice variety of enemies.

Man it looks fantastic :eek: I was totally wowed watching the trailer.
It's got this polished feel to it that makes it looks like an animated feature instead of just a game.
Awesome attention to detail if you ask me.

Y but this game is pretty much a God of War clone, and having the chain weapon makes it nearly identical. Even the way he floats in the air as he swings his chain is similar. If you watch gameplay vids of each, back to back, you'll see how similar they are.

Hey, now I am interested in the game as well...

If it weren't for Rage, I think this would have to take best graphics of E3 for me. But it's a very close one. I want more direct feed gameplay videos from both, though...

Did anyone here play the demo? The Giantbomb guys were complaining about the crappy framerate and the "jaggies" in their podcast.

Graphics look great, but as a big Castlevania fan I'm just not feeling this one. There's a guy with a whip, but that's pretty much it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone here play the demo? The Giantbomb guys were complaining about the crappy framerate and the "jaggies" in their podcast.

Graphics look great, but as a big Castlevania fan I'm just not feeling this one. There's a guy with a whip, but that's pretty much it.

I kind of thought the same. It appears to be a game that they added the Castlevania title to and if it wasn't for the opening cinematic I wouldn't have thought "Castlevania" at all.

I also wasn't feeling the horseback gameplay section.

It is my favorite genre though and it looks fun enough for me. Hopefully the weapons and combos will become more varied as the graphics and framerate will probably improve over time.

Back