The Last Guardian (Trico, Ico 3, Shadow of the Colossus sequel, etc.) [PS4]

They are listed separately in Japan, but together (in one package) in EU. Need to wait for official info for your region. Is it out yet ?

Probably have to wait for the conference at TGS. Which is happening tomorrow (JPN), or late tonight (US). Which I'll probably stay up and watch, if the live stream is working.

What time and who's presenting ?
It's Sony's conference, so all of the first-party stuff like TLG and GT5 should be shown.

The conference starts at 1PM Tokyo time. One of the guys on GTP whipped up a link showing world clock times for around the world for that time.

There's supposed to be a live stream on Sony Japan's TGS page at http://tgs.playstation.jp . I've never had much luck with live streams, so I'm not holding my breath that I'll even be able to watch it, but I'll give it a shot.

They are indeed in 3D v_v
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...ssus-collection-hits-ps3-spring-2011-with-3d/

It’s official! At the Tokyo Game Show, Team Ico just announced that their PS2 classics Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are officially heading to the PS3 on one Blu-ray disc. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection for the PS3 will sport full HD compatibility as well as support for 3D and Trophies.

According to the live blog, they are shooting for a solid 30fps.

My god this game looks beautiful! The animation of the griffon puppy is just so lifelike.
Amazing! Too bad the game is still more than a year away, but if they're going to polish it to perfection, then that's fine :)

Is there any hope of seeing some actual gameplay emerge fromTGS ? cos this trailer and the old one are more or less the same, we need to see what it is like to play it !

Edit: This trailer does show that it will be a very sweet game, especially interactions between the creature n the boy :) ! The japs are so good with bringing and evoking emotions in a game, mostly western devs absolutely fail at it. Another reason, I believe, that why the japs should not westernise their games n ips. The jap ips would lose thier soul when westernised, cos somehow, the western world does not seem to value what is the most basic ingredient of happy existence : our love for each other ! Please Japs, please keep ur games just the way they are , they are blissful ......... And Human !

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: This trailer does show that it will be a very sweet game, especially interactions between the creature n the boy :) ! The japs are so good with bringing and evoking emotions in a game, mostly western devs absolutely fail at it. Another reason, I believe, that why the japs should not westernise their games n ips. The jap ips would lose thier soul when westernised, cos somehow, the western world does not seem to value what is the most basic ingredient of happy existence : our love for each other ! Please Japs, please keep ur games just the way they are , they are blissful ......... And Human !

So true. I seriously don't get how anyone can see us as the progressive and creative driving force of the industry.

Is there any hope of seeing some actual gameplay emerge fromTGS ? cos this trailer and the old one are more or less the same, we need to see what it is like to play it !

My brother... you took the words clean outta my mouth... ;-)

I just can't say anything else but to agree... Japanese developers know how to create games that touch parts of your mind/senses that most western devs just fail miserably at.

As much as there seems to be so much anti-Japanese sentiment in the industry, and amongst gamers at the moment, its really games and developers like Team Ico that come along and embarras all the other western devs that like to smack-talk the Japanese and their games (i'm looking at you bioware)... ;-)

Still... this games is incredible, and I don't even need to see anything else now to know that i'll be £40 poorer by the holidays next year :D

I don't want to know too much about the game. Hope to see the first boss though. They filed a patent about dynamic level, so this game should be puzzle heavy. Would be interesting if Ueto adds combat elements at the same time (so we have to think fast ;-))

EDIT: Also wondering if the level is destructible. With a mythical companion like that, all the kid needs is enough tricks (in his inventory) to direct the creature -- even if they screw up the level. Afterall, we know it can swim, climb and fly (short distance).

Back