The Inq reviews the FX5600 in 409 words.

Jerky

Newcomer
Here's a review The Inq on the MSI FX5600 (probably the most reviewed FX card to date).

What makes this review so unique is that they review it in 409 words (408 if you don't cound their "µ" as a word :D).

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10748

- Jonathan.

PS. Hanners, you want to take this review for a spin in the R.O.A.R. machine? :p

Nah. Typos like that are forgivable... but the rest of that review is pretty skimpy. I think they should just stick to reporting news/rumours/etc.

I'm so tempted on clicking that "Flame the Editor" link on the bottom of their page. :p

I dont think I have been reading any other 5600NP reviews where they talk about overclocking... So my question is:
Is an overclock from 325 to 350 core normal for the NP version?

That was possibly the laziest review I've ever seen. Incredibly enough, of all the benchmarks to use as their single test, they used 3DM03 (though it seemed more to test overclocking than the actual utility of the card).

WOW! You should write for the Inq! :D

BTW, I did send Mike Magee an email concerning that review. I don't expect a response, but I thought he should know what some readers think of it. :devilish:

- Jonathan.

Well, normal 5600's are around $120 already--I can't imagine it'd be too much more expensive to go dual-DVI. Seems like a waste to me, though. If you need dual-DVI for work, you're wasting money on 3D power; and if you need dual-DVI and you're a game, you're wasting money on the 5600's sub-par 3D power. :) I think Tyan's dual-DVI 9600P is a nicer entry point for dual-DVI. Still, if you need dual-DVI, you can afford a 9800 (which you'll need to drive 3D at 1280x1024, which most LCDs run).

Back