Sony E3 2009 Keynote Thread

G4TechTV showed it.

And they have streaming videos at g4techtv.com/vod.

Not enough Olivia Munn today (but I've only watched a couple of hours).

Yeah, but watching it in Home allows me to find out what other real PS3 users think. :)

The stupid thing is the timed panning.

??? Or they just see value in visiting. Believe it or not, there are Xbox 360 fanboys here too. They couldn't resist visiting Home to take a look (A few actually stayed pretty long). For the most part, it has been a pretty pleasant experience so far (when I talk to folks here).

The annoying part is some of the usability gaps.

EDIT: Watching the chat transcript scroll by, these people sounds pretty level headed. Don't treat them like some cult members. ;-)

I've no agenda. I was hoping Sony would announce some new exclusive games in the platform this year, as the others have, but they didn't. I thought for sure I must've just missed it. I missed out parts of the conference due to calls at work.
you have an agenda as a few have. Sony announced therelineup over time you'l have to wait to see what else Sony have planned this year.

Why wasn't R&C highlighted ?

Just a little rib, man.

No worries, but I read that Google is jumping back into virtual world after they killed Google Lively. It's still early but if Sony listens to its users (ahem !), they may benefit from growing virtual world adoption amongst the younger folks.

The DS Lite is ok looking and and DSi is pretty sexy both opened and closed IMO, nice and simple. This PSP just looks wrong, look at the shape once its opened :(

Well one might say anyone who's still logging into Home has drunk the Kool-Aid a long time ago. :D

As i watched the presentation live on gametrailers, later justin.tv (gametrailers died for me) i was logged into home. There were ALOT of people standing in front of the big screen, making lots of noise of how much Sony Sux and WHERE IS IT etc etc..

When my PS had one of it´s rare crashes i hit the browser on the PS3 and watched it there while the PC did the reboot thingy :)

Stupid question : So basicall the Sony keynote will be available on Home ? Is there an 'until' time?

Yeah, it's there right now in the presentation space. Apparently that space is only up for the duration of E3. It's not the most comfortable way of watching it though mind you - they forgot to add in the 'zoom full screen' option that other screens in Home have and that prevent the avatar camera from wandering about. But the streaming tech is impressive at least - it started instantly for me and very smooth.

Last year the full keynote was downloadable in HD from Playstation Store, a day or two later. Hopefully this year too.

Yeah, it's there right now in the presentation space. Apparently that space is only up for the duration of E3. It's not the most comfortable way of watching it though mind you - they forgot to add in the 'zoom full screen' option that other screens in Home have and that prevent the avatar camera from wandering about. But the streaming tech is impressive at least - it started instantly for me and very smooth.

Last year the full keynote was downloadable in HD from Playstation Store, a day or two later. Hopefully this year too.

Thanks, I haven't used Home since it first came out and I don't intend to. Hopefully it comes out on the Store.:)

The full screen mode is there. That's why I complained about the UI.

You'll need to select any random person, and then use the dpad to navigate to the full screen profile. There are just too many people standing near each other to pick out the screen object.

No interest in DMC4. Halo 3 was fun in co-op, but I wouldn't play single player. NG2 seems pretty fun, but I never played the original. Pretty standard. LBP is ok.

I'm not saying God of War 3 isn't going to be good, but to me it's a big let down. It doesn't look like they made any attempts to innovate at all. It is a brief glimpse of gameplay. God of War was an incredibly polished button masher, with a lot of cinematic flair. They kind of rejuvinated that entire genre by showing an amount of polish and refinement that those games always lacked. Now 3 comes out at a time when the overall bar for games has been raised and they seem to have decided not to change a single thing.

Forgive me if I offend, but it seems to me you're more hooked on buzzwords than anything else.

It's easy to say "oh they didn't innovate". It's hard to actually come up with ideas that are practical, fun, and fresh.

Unless you can provide some solid ideas that would actually contribute to the God of War franchise, something "innovative" then I think it's best that you don't speak on the subject. IMO.

I've been seeing a lot of this more and more recently. People throwing around buzz words like "innovate" or "linear". It's just all ridiculous to me, as most gamers can easily throw out a buzzword to express their "disappointment" but can rarely come up with examples of games that DO innovate, or ideas on how they can make the gameplay fresh without alienating their current fanbase.

further informations about FF XIV
Shinji Hashimoto said:
"I want to emphasise that it will be available for PS3 and PC - and we are considering all our options for other hardware - including Microsoft."

Back