[360] Forza Motorsport 3

Impressive. Some nice touches in there.

Camera flashes from the stands.

People in the stands isn't just a texture. The video quality is too low to tell whether they are just sprites or 3D models. Or they've got some really nice technique for tricking the eye.

Road texture detail remains impressive as does the sun's reflection off the road.

Environmental detail is quite nice.

Wish they had also done chase cam, to see if they've addressed the car shadow problem.

Regards,
SB

does anyone know if the person inside of the car in forza3 manually shifts gears when the engine reaches high/low RPM?

everywhere i look in the comments zone of a lot of forums, they point out that the driver in not shifting the gears at all.:???:

Is that true, if it is then i think someone should deliver that message to Turn10 immediately.:oops:

does anyone know if the person inside of the car in forza3 manually shifts gears when the engine reaches high/low RPM?

everywhere i look in the comments zone of a lot of forums, they point out that the driver in not shifting the gears at all.:???:

Is that true, if it is then i think someone should deliver that message to Turn10 immediately.:oops:

someone brought it up on NeoGAF but it seems more people find it more distracting to have the animation come after a shift and id tend to agree with them on this issue cause eventually I would just zone it out

On gamersyde someone pointed out a video of him shifting. I have not seen it. You may want to take a look.

This is definitely not good...
Gametrailers got hold on what people believe to be the final built of Forza3, straight from PAx2009.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-09-forza-motorsport/55689?type=mov

I seriously hope it is the compression. People know the what PR-shots are, especially on B3d where we have a lot of experts. Judging from this realtime, direct feed gameplay however, this is a whole different generation, and I do not mean that in a nice way..

edit: this one is slightly better but still:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-09-forza-motorsport/55687

They should not have shown 10 PR-pics a day for weeks now. People got really high expectations because of those beautiful screens..

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't trust GT, too bad Gamersyde (sp?) did not do the videos.

Edit: Said IGN, meant GT.

Yeah I was also excited to see the footage but the crappy compression of GT vids just make it harder to get a clear gauge of what the games finer details look like.

Oh well, at least since the exclusive reveal is done, maybe sites that offer much better bitrates will show vids soon. e.g. IGN & Gamersyde.

Btw, who made the vids, T10 or GT, because that "Practice" vid had the worst choice of a setup/track to showcase. An empty looking, dry, browish track with a lone car? :rolleyes: Maybe that was a drift track?

The bugatti video should be up on T10's site today in HD. Is it me or does youtube have better quality than a lot of the gamer sites? Gamersyde being the exception.

defyf.jpg
lol

That's why I usually do the WMV HD videos on GT. The compression artifacts while still bad aren't quite AS bad. Still impossible to tell whether there's any AA or not though.

From this link above...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-09-forza-motorsport/55689?type=wmv

The cockpit view in shows virtually no aliasing except where the obvious compression blocks are. Light poles in the distance however appear to be aliased.

Is it possible to do selective AA?

One thing that is quite noticeable though is that environmental reflections on the cars remains quite impressive. Watch the reflection of the roadside trees on the car while in cockpit view for example. Stadiums and everything are quite well reflected.

Also check it out in WMV HD at 1:12. There appears to be virtually no aliasing in the cockpit while there appears to be some aliasing on the two cars ahead of it. It's a bit weird. Wish they had better quality.

The road surface still remains quite impressive.

Regards,
SB

Anyway, it was good that GT showed the realtime footage.
By doing this, they force Turn10 to release direct feed realtime footage, in order to make up for the GT compressed vids. Now we will see the real game, direct-feed. Finally :p

SB: It's 2xMSAA. There could be issues with post-processing, but it is 2x.

Aah, still hoping for better quality video as it still appears the cockpit is less aliased than everything else.

And some of those custom paint jobs users have done are insane. Did they do that in FM2 also? That Joker paintjob is wow.

I don't think I'm going to get this since I just don't play racing games anymore, but its pretty fascinating.

Regards,
SB

Yep, the paintjobs were in FM2. IIRC, they allowed up to 4000 layers. There's some pretty amazing artwork out there. I believe they've enhanced the editor for FM3 too. :)

Anyway, it was good that GT showed the realtime footage.
By doing this, they force Turn10 to release direct feed realtime footage, in order to make up for the GT compressed vids. Now we will see the real game, direct-feed. Finally :p

Yeah and its only taken them 1 month away from the launch date to do so.:p

Back