[360] Forza Motorsport 3

New Images:

* Notice the rollcage modification is visible through the rear window.

Wow that is very cool. They even have the narrow tire stretched on wide rim setup that many Miata owners prefer. Would be cool if Turn10 includes low offset super light 14" Enkie RPF1s as a selectable wheel choice for tuning.

enkeirpf1.jpg

xminlw.jpg

Off screen, poor quality phone shot, but nice detail either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
xminlw.jpg

Off screen, poor quality phone shot, but nice detail either way.

Pretty impressive and the rubber actually looks convincing in detail.Very impressive considering the game has only been in development for 2 years.Seeing this kind of graphical fidelity for a 360 exclusive game, has me confident that Halo Reach will be graphically stunning as well.Oh yeah, Im sure Crackdown 2 will be visually fantastic as well....

Pretty impressive and the rubber actually looks convincing in detail.Very impressive considering the game has only been in development for 2 years.

I would personally add the development time for Forza 2 to Forza 3 though, seeing as they're both 360.

Is there gonna be drifting in FM3? Those are Tenzo R DC6 drift compeition series wheels...oh and yeah the rubber shader looks superb.

This has obviously got to be photomode...but WOW on the asphalt detail.

http://twitpic.com/c6ntc

And yes, I'm more impressed with the road detail than the car. :)

And those cockpit views look like in game and even with the low quality appear to have AA.

Regards,
SB

It's a down sampled, off screen shot in photo mode... triple offense!

I'm not the image quality expert that some are, but wouldn't the specific feature of the image SB was calling out (road detail) actually be reduced in quality by the above treatment?

Aussie V8s in Forza 3

The following V8 Supercars are featured in "Forza Motorsport 3":

2009 Holden #2 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE

2009 Holden #33 Garry Rogers Motorsport Commodore VE

2009 Holden #39 Supercheap Auto Racing Commodore VE

2009 Holden #51 Sprint Gas Racing Commodore VE

2009 Ford #1 TeamVodafone FG Falcon

2009 Ford #5 Ford Performance Racing FG Falcon

2009 Ford #9 Stone Brothers Racing FG Falcon

2009 Ford #25 Britek Motorsport FG Falcon

Joystiq Interview

But to your question, the way it is done is that we've got a primary disc, which has 300 cars on it, which is a ton of cars -- more than Forza Motorsport 2.

The second disc contains three environments, and another 100-plus cars. What you do is actually install all the content from disc two as if it was DLC and then it automatically integrates into your game. So you can play off disc one without installing it, without ripping to the hard drive, and all the disc two content you have installed (similar to DLC) gets put into the career as AI opponents and shows in your career mode, as different races and the tracks change out. You can make the game more deep, if you like, by adding that content.

Can anyone explain to me what a 'track' is defined to be? Forza 3 is said to have over 100 tracks, does this mean we have less than 100 different configurations of <100 tracks, or 100 different locations? Always confused me, the one that I really want is the monaco circuit if possible.

Can anyone explain to me what a 'track' is defined to be? Forza 3 is said to have over 100 tracks, does this mean we have less than 100 different configurations of <100 tracks, or 100 different locations? Always confused me, the one that I really want is the monaco circuit if possible.

im pretty sure that they mean configurations

the majority seem to be pushing for bathurst

Yeah, the ribbons are counted as tracks. So far 19 locations have been either confirmed officially or identified through various media. Turn 10 twitter says they have 3 more tracks to reveal, plus one more from Forza 2.

Yeah, the ribbons are counted as tracks. So far 19 locations have been either confirmed officially or identified through various media. Turn 10 twitter says they have 3 more tracks to reveal, plus one more from Forza 2.

Hopefully Spa-Francorchamps is one of them. The Eau Rouge corner looks awesome.

Back